Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2008 6:27:58 AM EDT
Just wondering if anyone has info regarding what .223 ammo might be available on 12/06.

A buddy of mine back East said he got an e-mail from Silverado Gun Shows (the local Saxet show there) informing him that, if he was looking for ammo, he might as well stay home. That's really scary.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#1]
there were CRAZY long lines for ammo at the Austin show last weekend
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#2]
there was very VERY little left on sunday
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#3]
At the Austin show, the ammo dealer that I visit most frequently had about 8000 rounds of .223 for sale, and most of that was sold by 10 AM Saturday.

By Sunday, the only .223 I saw left was boxes of Federal at close to $0.50 per round.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Went to the last Austin show.  When I was looking for parking I saw guys loading dolly's of ammo into pickups at the loading dock not 10 minutes after opening time.  Hoarding for resale no doubt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top