Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2008 11:02:32 AM EDT
Im looking at my options for finding a place to shoot at longer distances and steel plates.  If anyone has a place that is 1-2 hours out from the fort worth area (maybe more) and wouldn't mind me tagging along, let me know.

Anyone got some land leased and need someone to join to help split the payments, or maybe we could start looking for a small plot of land (40 acres ?) to lease among a small group.  

Anyone interested ?

My other options are Fort Wolters and Tac Pro, both of which are nice.  Just looking for something less public and I could setup my own targets.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#1]
TacPro Shooting Center in Mingus is an hour west of Fort Worth on private land.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Tac Pro is nice, ive been there a few times.  Im kind of looking for a place where I can setup steel targets at varying distances and shoot from one location.  At Tac pro, and most other ranges, there is an impact berm where all targets are placed, then the firing positions are placed at known distances, so you cant really engage targets at varying ranges from one position.  

Maybe I should just re-enlist in the Army
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 6:06:35 AM EDT
[#3]
If you get to know Bill Davison and ask nicely, and because the former range Nazi/ex-wife Alice is no longer there, then you can likely set up your own targets. We have done this before on the 1000 yard range (with their permission).
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you get to know Bill Davison and ask nicely, and because the former range Nazi/ex-wife Alice is no longer there, then you can likely set up your own targets. We have done this before on the 1000 yard range (with their permission).

?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Alice was always nice to me. She even gave me a discount on my Nightforce scope.

You don't happen to know where she got off to, do you?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Im looking at my options for finding a place to shoot at longer distances and steel plates.  If anyone has a place that is 1-2 hours out from the fort worth area (maybe more) and wouldn't mind me tagging along, let me know.

Anyone got some land leased and need someone to join to help split the payments, or maybe we could start looking for a small plot of land (40 acres ?) to lease among a small group.  

Anyone interested ?

My other options are Fort Wolters and Tac Pro, both of which are nice.  Just looking for something less public and I could setup my own targets.

Damn, your thread reminds me how much I miss the old days when you could shoot at the LBJ Grasslands.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You don't happen to know where she got off to, do you?

She went back home.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone interested ?

Damn, your thread reminds me how much I miss the old days when you could shoot at the LBJ Grasslands.

No shit! I was going there since I was a little kid in the '60s.
I wonder who we could start contacting to see if we could change it back?
Kay bailey Hutchison?

Jim
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Ridge Runners gun Club, Breckenridge TX,  

Range goes out to 1250,   YEarly membership used to be $50 a year,  come and go as you please.   No Range NAzi's,   Steel Targets from 25-500yds at intervals  Set your own targets up.   I used to shoot there on almost a daily basis when I was goin to college out in Ranger,    hardly ever seen anyone else there during the week

Very extensive pistol Ranges,  Comps on a weekly basis.  

RRGB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top