Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2008 2:19:07 PM EDT
Any of you guys know an out of state FFL dealer that will get me a stainless fluted 308 Panther rifle with the A-3 upgrade reasonably priced, and ship it to my FFL in Houston?

No sense in paying $80-$100 sales tax buying one from a Texas FFL, if he doesn't have it in stock and is going to have to order it for me anyway!

I found one out of state guy advertising it for $1025, but I'm getting tired of his telling me to call him once or twice a week to check if a shipment came in.....going on 5 weeks already!

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Shooters Supply 903-868-8543. David is an awesome dude!!! He will get you about as good a deal as anyone out there will. Tell him Daniel sent ya'.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Gunbroker I just looked and found a bunch
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#3]
sent jestertoo a note, i think he got a good deal on one recently.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:42:37 AM EDT
[#4]
You know what guys ........forget it.  I just realized I might as well order it from a local Houston dealer.

By the time I pay an out of state dealer shipping, and the transfer agent in Houston a transfer fee, I'm not going to be saving a whole lot by trying to avoid sales tax.

I might as well get it through somebody here in Houston, or order it through one of the dealers I always see at the gunshows.

Boywonder77.....If I hear from that jestertoo guy you mentioned, I'll be polite and see what he has to offer. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
A while back a friend participated in a group buy from an out-of-state dealer - he reported a good experience with that dealer.

I have a query in to that person and will post more info when I receive it.

Mored Info -
My contact for LR-308s doesn't stock them anymore due to long wait times. Bummer

ETA - I have met & dealt with Jestertoo. He's good people.

What kind of fees are you paying to your local FFL to do the paperwork? There's an FFL here in Austin who does it for six bucks.
Shipping shouldn't be much more than $25-$30.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Which FFL in Austin does transfers for $6?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Yea shipping will be about $30 max, and a transfer fee about $25-$30. So I'll be out of pocket for $55-$60 bucks.

So, if I buy the rifle direct from a dealer that I can go meet here in Houston, it'll cost me maybe $30 more then that. No biggie I guess.

I suppose I can go ask Jeff Shcramm, or what's his face with the "Gun Zone" at the George R Brown show this weekend.

Those guys buy stuff in volume and can hopefully pass on some savings to me. I don't want to be paying some of those Gunbroker prices PLUS $80 sales tax to buy it direct from a dealer in Houston!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Which FFL in Austin does transfers for $6?

A's Shooting Supplies in Pflugerville.

Send an IM to waterhouse for info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top