Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2008 3:21:21 PM EDT
Hey ya'll!  Quick question on GOOD gun stores in the Houston area.  I'm flying in to IAH on friday night, and want to go look for a .308 lower.  Does any gun store sell that kind of stuff?  I live in Jackson, MS, and NO ONE sells those kind of parts here!  I'm not looking for a Gander Mtn or Academy or anything!

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Even if someone did you wouldn't be able to purchase it.

You'd be better off buying it online thru one of the site advertisers and having it sent to a local FFL willing to do the transfer for you.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Why?
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I can buy long guns in another state... Unless TX has a law that says I can't???  It's just pistols you can't buy out of state.

IAAL  
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

+1

Sales of long guns to people from out of state is perfectly legal. Handgun sales are not.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

+1

Sales of long guns to people from out of state is perfectly legal. Handgun sales are not.

Yeah, I know.  I was hoping he would realize his error on his own.  I know it is the nature of the Internet, but people popping off about shit of which they have no idea is getting old.  Maybe I'm just getting crotchety.

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:48:02 AM EDT
[#6]
So any good gun parts stores in Houston?
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:00:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So any good gun parts stores in Houston?

There is a board member here named Jen, that has a shop in Houston.
I am in DFW, so i cannot direct you there.
Somebody will chime in from H.town, maybe Jen herself.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:08:25 AM EDT
[#8]
That would be the great folks at Texas Tactical Gear.

--Benjamin at Tiger Valley
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 6:00:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Howdy, I have .308 ArmaLite lowers on hand right now.  South side of houston - off I45 one exit south of Beltway 8 (Exit 30) northbound feeder side.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

+1

Yeah, I know.  I was hoping he would realize his error on his own.  I know it is the nature of the Internet, but people popping off about shit of which they have no idea is getting old.  Maybe I'm just getting crotchety.

Damn, sorry I can't sit around the keyboard all night to answer you guys....geez when did the HTF become GD.

I was under the belief that only contiguous states could purchase long arms in Texas.  To purchase from a non-contiguous state he'd have to have it sent to an FFL in his state.

I guess I was wrong, I'll now go shoot myself in the head for not knowing every fucking thing in the universe and living up to the standards set by you guys in the Texas HTF.

Shit, I swear.....

And see now I guess I have another problem, 9mm or .45???  I better not create a new thread and ask I may get jumped on for being a dumb ass noob.....I'll just do it the ARFCom way and use both.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

+1

Damn, sorry I can't sit around the keyboard all night to answer you guys....geez when did the HTF become GD.

I was under the belief that only contiguous states could purchase long arms in Texas.  To purchase from a non-contiguous state he'd have to have it sent to an FFL in his state.

I guess I was wrong, I'll now go shoot myself in the head for not knowing every fucking thing in the universe and living up to the standards set by you guys in the Texas HTF.

Shit, I swear.....

It is real simple; I don't know all of the laws either, so I only post when I know or I look it up first.  AND if I do answer a question I am not sure of, I say I am not sure rather than post an answer with authority.

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#12]
^^^
+1
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
Howdy,

Are you open on Saturday?  (stupid question probably, but one never knows...)  Are you with the Texas Tactical Gear???  I'm going to try to come by saturday if possible!

thanks
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:05:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

It is real simple; I don't know all of the laws either, so I only post when I know or I look it up first.  AND if I do answer a question I am not sure of, I say I am not sure rather than post an answer with authority.

Here is what I was hung up on and I thought it went both ways not just Texas residents:

§ 46.07.  INTERSTATE PURCHASE.  A resident of this state
may, if not otherwise precluded by law, purchase firearms,
ammunition, reloading components, or firearm accessories in
contiguous states.  This authorization is enacted in conformance
with Section 922(b)(3)(A), Public Law 90-618, 90th Congress.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974.  
Renumbered from Penal Code § 46.08 by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch.
900, § 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top