Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2007 6:30:00 PM EDT
Okay, alot of you know how I feel about Allstate but finally after almost 4 years we are going to trial starting Monday.They still to date have paid nothing on my daughter for the wreck that their client had that broke her foot and messed up her back and neck as well. Surgeries and rehab for 2 years. She has recovered okay but still has bad days. Wish us luck..We need a break, After this, then comes Gainsco. Their client hit her almost 2 years to the day of the first jackass and yes, had to start all over again. They are in my sights but 1 at a time..Later...Pike
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, hate to hear that. I hate insurance co's also. I use to work for one. They all are crooks IMHO. Except maybe USAA.

Hope all works out in your favor.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]
For those of you who are normally pessimistic as myself about people griping about insurance companies, let me tell you that I have never met Pikey as Sean likes to call him, but I have had dealings with Glen.   I can assure you that for you folks that are like me and initially think that folks complaining about insurance companies or folks suing insurance companies are usually only in it to make a buck are way off base if you apply that logic to this case.   Like I say, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him face to face but based on selfless actions I have personally been part of, this aint that type of situation.  Glen is a stand up guy.   Pray for his daughter.   I have and my 7 1/2 year old daughter has as well.   You never know when it might be you or your children in this situation or one similar.  

Prayers still inbound, don't give up.  Remember that not only is worry a waste of the imagination, but it is also a sin.   Truly believe that He delivers on His promises and put worry and stress aside.  I know that's real easy to say but I have come to believe in it with my 11/13 court date.  It dawned on me that there is absolutely nothing more I can do so stressing and worrying won't help.  I just have to now trust in Him that He keeps His promises.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Soowah and Firebug Thanks..FB, I liked your comment about worring, that is just AWESOME...Thanks for standing up for me..
Soowah, Thanks for the words, I hope it does also. 4 years to get to this point but the main focus has been on getting my daughter healthy and she is...Some days more than others but she is doing well and also, an update on my oldest son who was very sick a short time back. Being young is a wonderful thing, he is back to working everyday all day and doing well. Thanks to everyone for all the support ..And just for SC...Later Pikey (AKA Pike)
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Philippians 4:6
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God..."

'Nuff said, bro; good luck and GOD bless...

"Vin"
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay, update..Allstate still sucks and I have now lost what little faith in the court system I had..Case over, I can appeal but for now, Allstate had to pay nothing. The injuries and resulting surgery were not allowed into evidence due to a clerical error and without them, no case. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts and the most important thing is that my daughter is doing okay and that is what matters. Again, Thanks to all for the support..Pike
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#6]
1st off, it is ALLSNAKE, not allstate.

2nd.  who was your attorney?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Seth Anderson..
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
what was the clerical error that tossed your meds out?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Chart in ER was marked left not right. Doctor she saw after wreck put boot on right foot, therapy on rf and the right foot was wrapped when we left ER but since the ER nurse marked left foot, none was admissable. From what I understand, we can get the xrays from hospital,which I figured after 4 freekin years the jerk lawyer would have gotten and refile as he changed to a non suit, whatever that is, and that gives my daughter 2 years from her 18th birthday to file as an adult and try to get the error fixed. I don't know right know as to what to do. I felt the judge could see that it was an error on the admitting nurse but nope..just don't know.Took alot out of me and can not believe the attorney never caught this. We looked like idiots in front of the court..He did not ask for a continuence just changed to the non suit deal...I was pretty p/o'd and will talk to him in a few days to see if there are any other options or what..Just feel like the whole system sucks. Insurance, court and SOME lawyers not all but some..Frustrated pissed angry tired stressed depressed Take your pick, all aply...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Your attorney is either lazy or blind.  Your daughter can still file her case as an adult, after hiring another attorney of course. You probably don't have any realistic recourse against the attorney (I assume this was a contingency case and you didn't pay any fees or expenses).

And as SCTexas said, they are ALLSNAKE for sure. GAINSCO isn't much higher on the food chain from what I hear.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:03:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I must say that I have had good service from Farm Bureau.  It was Kentucky FB but I expect the same service from TFB.  
Story:

Hit head on by DUI on the way home from night school.  Left arm, righ ankle, and jaw is broken, brief coma, out of work (Wendy's woop-de-do).  He has no insurance, no license, drunk and on pain killers and going home to get more after his engagement to a stripper minutes earlier.  He was in a 73 Lincoln Town Car I was in an 83 Chevy S10.  KFB picks up all of the hospital bill, pays what little wages I make, and then turns around and gives me a settlement that pays for school, buys me a new truck and some other garbage that I did not need.  I only wish I knew then what I know now about EBRD,
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:02:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Sue the hospital, the doctor and the nurse that had the paper work filed in error with incorrect information.

I am a RN and their inattnetion to detail cost your daughter.  Let them pay for the care.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#13]
If I understand this non suit correctly, this allows her until she turns 20 to file since she was a minor..Yes, he was on contingency, so he gets NOTHING but sadly neither do we for now. Once he releases the lein then I can get a new attorney and file. And yes I feel he was both lazy and blind and only saw $$ because of the back and neck injuries..He did not do his homework  but since he would not release the case I could not get anyone else to talk to me until he does. Now maybe that will happen. Had a good talk with SC who gave me some options I had not known about and confirmed my thoughts on others. It is not done yet but for now, I need to take a break..
Can I go back 4 years and go after the hospitol and the nurse ??? I don't know..Still, the main thing is my daughter is doing better.Thanks for the ideas and once i regroup I will start again..Thanks...Glen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top