Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2007 1:03:26 PM EDT
I have a cousin in Richardson that is wanting to get a handgun for protection but she is completely unfamiliar with guns.  She came to me asking for my advice on what to get and I told her it would be best if she were to try shooting several different handguns rather than acting on someone else's opinion.

I was wondering if there is a range around there where she can go to try some out.  Any help will be appreciated.

i am in Lubbock and completely unfamiliar with the shooting facilities available there.

Thanks, Monte.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Bullet Trap in Plano, TX   http://www.bullettrapinc.com/

You can try different guns before you buy.  Glock is prob the easist to use and the smoothest slide action.  Very easy for anyone.

FireBlade
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Bullet Trap in Plano, TX   http://www.bullettrapinc.com/

You can try different guns before you buy.  Glock is prob the easist to use and the smoothest slide action.  Very easy for anyone.

FireBlade

+1

I live in Richardson and shoot there often. It fits perfectly with what you are describing. Bullet Trap is on the very edge of Plano and Richardson and is about 10 minutes from my house max.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a cousin in Richardson that is wanting to get a handgun for protection but she is completely unfamiliar with guns.  She came to me asking for my advice on what to get and I told her it would be best if she were to try shooting several different handguns rather than acting on someone else's opinion.

I was wondering if there is a range around there where she can go to try some out.  Any help will be appreciated.

i am in Lubbock and completely unfamiliar with the shooting facilities available there.

Thanks, Monte.

Tiger Valley (north) should open soon, if not already, at the Elm Fork range at NW Hwy and Luna Rd.  Classes should start soon and a variety of handguns will be available if she does not already own one.  She can go to the website and inquire via email.

www.tigervalley.com

mm
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I normally don't recommend Bullet trap either. That being said, they do have the largest selection of rental guns around. Dirty, and you have to use their ammo but they do have them.

Target master in Garland has a small selection, they rent about 20 different ones. Also have to use their ammo.

I would be willing to let her shoot a sampling of my handguns, but I'm out of pocket until the silencer shoot on Nov 10. If she can wail until then, I'd be more that happy to let her try.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell her to hold off until a fall AR15 shoot at Tom Bean, and tell her to come to that. Im sure a lot of us would be happy to bring a crap load of what we have.  It may seem intimidating to her, but we'll put her behind a M16 while we are at it and she is sure to leave with a grin.....

BTW, when is the fall AR15 shoot?  Ahem......
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
BTW, when is the fall AR15 shoot?  Ahem......

This is the only one I know about right now.

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=278720
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm out of pocket until about 12 NOV, but I'm willing to let her try out my stuff if she can wait that long.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:35:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is she cute and single?

Cute as hell but married.

ETA: I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Target Master in Garland, or Garland outdoor public range. Bullet Trap is ok as a last resort.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I am a fan of Target Master in Garland the are a Fam owned place and just all around good guys.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Target Master - and they have a women's only course.
Also, DFWGun is pretty good, but not as close.
Bullet Trap - I wouldnt recommend them to anyone getting into guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top