Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2007 3:52:14 PM EDT
From talking to folks at Dallas Market Hall this past weekend, there looks to be interest in another shotgun class at Tiger Valley.  If I can get enough commitments, I'll be able to get TJ to put a class on the calendar for Saturday, December 8.  Some folks suggested that date, as it should be far enough away from both Thanksgiving and Christmas.

You can find motown_steve's review of the last class here.  If you have any questions fire away.  Shoot me a message if you're in for the December class.

--Benjamin at Tiger Valley
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested!

Link Posted: 9/27/2007 7:37:21 AM EDT
[#2]
After reading motown_steve's review I am definately in!

Link Posted: 9/27/2007 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I am very interested and upset that I missed the last one, but my schedule is so hectic right now that I can't make any definite plans that far out.  I should know better once it gets a little closer.

I also need to figure out why my 1100 won't lock open on an empty chamber.  I finally got it cycling, but it won't lock open after the last round.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can get enough people for two relays, my wife and I are interested.  I still have to pick up a home defense shotgun, but that is in the works.  I can't get two, however, so my wife and I could shoot at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you can get enough people for two relays, my wife and I are interested.  I still have to pick up a home defense shotgun, but that is in the works.  I can't get two, however, so my wife and I could shoot at the same time.

TJ could probably rent you one cheap for the day of the class. IM him. His username is MADUCE.

If you keep a shotgun for home defense then this class is a must.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 3:32:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi Benjamin,

Just got my first shotgun...I am in for some more training...might look like a fool as I have no experience with a shotgun, but no better place to start than Tiger Valley...
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 4:51:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll commit.

Been to it once before.

It is a must if you own a shotgun and want to use it for self defense.

Fair warning, I saw a lot of CrapCo HighSpeedLowDrag BS fall off of shotguns during the course. Quickly found out that on my 870 that my light mount had to get moved to keep it from tearing the end off of the thumb.

TJ believes that you learn to shoot by shooting. So, be prepared to shoot. Shoot some more. And keep shooting.

If someone needs a shotgun, please let me know.

wganz
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 7:46:43 AM EDT
[#8]
After exchanging IMs with Benjamin, I'm in for two.  A buddy who went with me to Handgun I and possibly his wife might attend as well.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:04:43 AM EDT
[#9]
As long as the "commits" commit, we're good for the December 8 class.  The online payment option will be added this week, so you can either pay there or just drop a check and your contact information to the physical address on our website.  

The class will listed on our newsletter, the next edition of which will go out next week.  If you're not on our mailing list, send me an IM with your email address as you're missing out on great training content.

Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool Benjamin!!!

Looking forward to the class!

Link Posted: 10/1/2007 2:10:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am very interested and upset that I missed the last one, but my schedule is so hectic right now that I can't make any definite plans that far out.  I should know better once it gets a little closer.

I also need to figure out why my 1100 won't lock open on an empty chamber.  I finally got it cycling, but it won't lock open after the last round.  

I can probably get your Rem1100 running for you...
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Do I need a light on my shotgun for this?

I have plenty of Surefires - 1 perm on the AR, 2 handheld, and a 4th lost in my truck somewhere - just don't have one on the Mossberg.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I can "commit" for Dec 8th with one provision - my employer can over ride my weekend plans at anytime....its out of my control but if I am in town, I am there. Count that one as you wish but its the best I can do at the moment
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Great.

I'd better put in that order for the 590 special purpose and knox stock.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#15]
No need for a light for this class.  We do other nighttime/low light work at Tiger Valley, but not for this event.

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:14:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks, pappy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Is there still room in the class?  If so I would like to getin on the class.

Josh S.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 4:32:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Count me in.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I just called and spoke to TJ - I'm mailing a check tomorrow for the course.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Who do I need to call to pay for my class. Thanks in advance

Josh
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Josh

www.tigervalley.com

The class may not be on the schedule yet.  All the contact info is there for you....I'd bet that Benjamin would hold open a spot for ya.

mm
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#22]
OK Guys, I just finished  day 3 of the 5 day Level II Precision rifle class and I will tell you this much: Train at Tiger Valley and you will leave as a much improved shooter even with one days instruction. I am doing things now with a rifle that I thought only paid professionals could do.
TJ and John Tillman has us hitting 12" wide moving sillouettes at 800 yards. Accurately ranging objects using a Mil-Dot scope and no laser range finder. The list goes on.
If you asked me if I could do these things last week, I would have replied "Only in my dreams"

This Barely touches the level of training that TJ and Tiger Valley provides.

ETA: I would have gladly paid much more for this training then TJ charged.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Josh

Tj told me a payment option was to use Paypal.

I didn't inquire further as I gave Paypal the boot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#24]
In response to the questions...

Yes, there is still room in the class.  I'll drop a message here when the class fills up.

Online payment should be available soon via Paypal through the website's online store.  Otherwise, just call (972)977-9512 to give your information to TJ and drop a check to the physical address listed on the website:
6309 Scottsboro Ln.
Garland, TX 75044

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#25]
PayPal sent!

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#26]
pappy,

Is this ammo OK to shoot your course?
12gauge
2 3/4"
1 1/8oz
#6 shot

I've been using that for a coupla years in 3 Gun - choose that because other folks were using it.  

Other than buckshot and slugs, I know nothing about shotgun ammo.

Also, gonna try and round up some more Fed LE buckshot and slugs.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
pappy,

Is this ammo OK to shoot your course?
12gauge
2 3/4"
1 1/8oz
#6 shot

I've been using that for a coupla years in 3 Gun - choose that because other folks were using it.  

Other than buckshot and slugs, I know nothing about shotgun ammo.

Also, gonna try and round up some more Fed LE buckshot and slugs.

Most people just bring whatever is on sale.  When I took the class, I think I had #7 or #8 shot dove load that someone had on sale by the case.

Bring enough, at least 350 rds.  If the class is smaller like the one Steve took, you will go through a case in a couple of hours.  If it is a large class, you'll have ammo for at aleast a couple of matches.

mm
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks, mm.

Which has lower recoil, the #6 or #8?

I'm getting old, you know...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Bump for my questions.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Paypal sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top