Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2007 2:43:19 PM EDT
Copied from the GD... (but with some local questions for everyone, LEO especially)

Some vile piece of shit vandal decided to play etchesketch on the side of my truck last night or today at some point. I left for work before the sun was completely up so I didn't see it then, but as I was heading home I noticed a nice long "Blood" etched in the side of the bed from the middle wheel well, to the tail light.

Of course its too deep to buff out in most places, looks like a knife or other sharp object besides a key did this.

What kind of piece of shit goes around and randomly scribes "blood" or anything onto someone else's vehicle?

The immediate cars around me at my apartment had no damage that I could see either.

So I question, do I file a report, or will I waste time with that?  I doubt I'll call the insurance to fix it, as I have some paint/body friends and the deductible would probably be around the same amount.

Is there a reason to file a report with local law, or will it be of little to no use to me or the law?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#1]
File a report, they may have had the same thing happen prior to or around the same time your truck got hit, or they may know the little asshole that did it. If they ever catch the little shit and successfull prosecute him, the more charges they can pile on him the better. More than likely nothing will ever come of it, but you might get lucky.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#2]
No actor info so little chance of them ever being caught.

BUT being that they scribed "blood" if nothing else let them know in case it is potential gang graffitti, though they were and are known as the the bloods. Certainly doesn't hurt to file a report. A lot of agency have online and over the phone reporting systems for minor stuff like that.

But your car, your business so if you don't want a report or even fool with it you certainly can and I'd understand.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
you don't by chance own a blue truck do you?

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
nope.  it is considered dark pewter in color.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#5]
i don't know man.
people do stupid things.  they see something nice and have to ruin it.
i have heard about guys hearing a boom box and going nuts.
next thing they are jumping on people's car hoods and roofs
and caving them in.

just ruining things for fun.

sorry about your truck.  if it's like mine it's your pride and joy
and when someone does something like that it makes you sick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top