Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/12/2007 12:01:40 PM EDT
I couldn't believe what I came across on tv today.

I was catching a few minutes of PBS and Texas Monthly Talks came on (Being in Austin TX the Texas Monthly Speaks has many "Texans of Interest" on for interviews.)  I wouldn't have cared, except they had JOAQUIN JACKSON who is a long term Texas Ranger and currently a member of the NRA board of directors.  The host, Evan Smith who is the editor of Texas Monthly asked him about his position on Guns...  Mr. Jackson went on to expound that he solidly believed in the 2nd Amendment as a keystone of the Founding Fathers.  If it is damaged, then it won't be long until other other rights in the constitution are damaged or destroyed too.  so far so good...  However, he was asked about "Assault Weapons" and our NRA director went totally FUDD on us.  He said that there was no need to have more than FIVE rounds.  I had thought I had misheard him, he then went back and reinforced his statement by repeating that for hunting you really only needed one round anyway, and for civilians five was more than enough.  He directly stated that tohim, "Only the Military and Police needed more than FIVE rounds"....  

Is this a N.R.A. Director doing his sincere best to be the Brady Bunch's Behind the NRA Scene 5th Column or what?  I can see the gun grabbers arguing with senator "bend with the wind" bout how an NRA Director is stating on TV that no one except the Military or Police needs more FIVE rounds.

I used to think great things about the legendary toughness and no-nonsense of the Texas Rangers.  Now All I can think is here is a former Ranger and a current NRA Director (who should sure know better than to say something like this on T.V.) so W.T.F. ???

Link to KLRU & Texas Monthly Talks

Comments from the Hive Mind over this?

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a link to the audio or video file?  The one you provided doesn't seem to offer up much.  If this is so, then he needs to be Zumbo'd right the hell out of office of the NRA.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#3]

he solidly believed in the 2nd Amendment as a keystone of the Founding Fathers.  If it is damaged, then it won't be long until other other rights in the constitution are damaged or destroyed too.  so far so good ...  He said that there was no need to have more than FIVE rounds.  

These two statements contradict each other. Jackson is an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Fire mission needs to take place.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#6]
English must not be his first language.

"Limit" our rights IS infringing on our rights.  And the Second Amendment specifically prohibits infringement on the right to keep and bear arms.

A 5-round limit is an infringement.

Get a rope, indeed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
All Rights listed in the BoR are not created equal.

Based on their language, the first two are pretty big and bad.

"Congress shall make NO law" (emphasis not in original, but should have been)

"shall NOT be infringed" (same)
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Email sent.  Let them know that if this kind of thing continues your next check will say "GOA" on the TO line instead of "NRA".  It's the only thing that will move them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Email sent.  Let them know that if this kind of thing continues your next check will say "GOA" on the TO line instead of "NRA".  It's the only thing that will move them.

I've avoided having anything to do with the NRA for quite a few years, since the late 80s.  They ignored us until we screamed bloody murder about Zumbo, they had no clue how many of us there were.  Now they're advertising on arfcom to boost their membership, I still think they'd sell us out in a heartbeat.  Even if every arfcommer joined the NRA, the overwhelming majority will still be Fudds....and that is who the Board of Directors will cater to.

As for Jackson, he's just doing what every person elected to a position has ever done, make sure he gets reelected.  Except for a minority of law enforcement oficers, he probably represents the opinion of the majority.

mm
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I couldn't find a way to pull up the video. Can anyone post a hot link or some instructions so we can access it? I don't doubt the accuracy of the post, but I hestiate to go off on somebody without verification on my own. I've met and talked to Joaquin Jackson several times and I am absolutely dumbfounded that he would say anything like this, especially since he's a highly visible member of the NRA board.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've avoided having anything to do with the NRA for quite a few years, since the late 80s.  They ignored us until we screamed bloody murder about Zumbo, they had no clue how many of us there were.  Now they're advertising on arfcom to boost their membership, I still think they'd sell us out in a heartbeat.  Even if every arfcommer joined the NRA, the overwhelming majority will still be Fudds....and that is who the Board of Directors will cater to.

As for Jackson, he's just doing what every person elected to a position has ever done, make sure he gets reelected.  Except for a minority of law enforcement oficers, he probably represents the opinion of the majority.

mm

No highjack intended but I can't let this go by without comment.

Nothing personal really, mm38, but that's wrong thinking followed by wrong thinking.

If you aren't supporting the NRA--I'm talking about money support here--I hope you're supporting other effective national and state organizations that can do what has to be done politically to preserve our Second Amendment rights, and that you're doing what you can to support them in more than thought--like sending money once in awhile. If you are, I'll take back one of my "wrong" statements, apologize for it, and thank you for your support of our common rights.

But on the second point,  if you think this kind of statement is what gets you elected to the NRA Board of Directors then you don't know that first thing about the NRA membership. We are not a group that can be lead around by the nose, and we do speak up to the Board members in person since we know how to contact them.  
(I'm an NRA Life Member and frequent $$$ contributor, as well as a TSRA member, by the way. Everyone should be.)

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Does any one have an actual email address to send feedback to the NRA?   I found the "contact us" page and filled it out with my comments but who knows if it will be read.  I want to send emails to real people at the NRA.

I took out the explanation of why I was writing because you all have read it above, but this is a little part of my comments to the NRA:

This has absolutely crushed my view of the NRA.  This information is being widely disbursed among many internet forums such as www.ar15.com which has almost 500,000 gun enthusiasts of which I'm sure many are NRA members (at least for now).  This will also make its way to many other forums (including my own gun forum).  The NRA needs to realize that a HUGE number of memberships are now in jeapordy due to Mr. Jackson's comments. I'm am truly saddened to know that the NRA does not apparently stand for all 2nd amendment rights.  The NRA should understand that the anti-gun zealots are trying to chip away our rights a little at a time including "limitations" on how we use our guns.  They have discovered that "bans" don't work and instead use the tactics that Mr. Jackson is using.  

There was more, but that's a little out of my letter.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#13]
The NRA supported

The NFA
The GCA
And the FOPA of 86(otherwise known as the machinegun ban

They'll never see one red cent from me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Does any one have an actual email address to send feedback to the NRA?  

The best feedback is to NOT vote for this clown when Director Elections roll around.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The NRA supported

The NFA
The GCA

The NRA President Karl T Frederick practically wrote the NFA and the previous D.C. law it was based upon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, I know the NRA has never liked what most of us here stand for.  However, I have to remain a member to be a member at my range due to insurance reasons.   I don't like it and it's the ONLY reason I'm a member of the NRA.  So, since I have to be a memeber, by gosh, I'll do what I can with my peon voice.   Face it, the NRA is VERY big.  The NRA can very easily cross the line and become even more anti-gun.   ANY anti-gun stance the NRA takes is WIDELY noticed.  The anti gun folks point their finger and say, "look even the NRA says we should only have 5 round mags", and bam, it's a done deal.   The only way to fix it is to be part of it.  (I know, it's a pipe dream but I have the right to dream at least)
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't like a lot of things the NRA does, but it is stupid to be a gun owner or someone that supports gun rights not to be a member. It is the 500 pound gorilla of lobbying. No other organization can swing as much power as they (we) do.

On the other hand they have done some stupid things lately: collaborating with McKinney on the new law to include many more people on the list that will not pass the NSA background check.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Well I just wrote a scathing e-mail to the NRA and quoted this information. I informed them I will not renew until he is ousted. Hopefully you guys will take it upon yourselves to send an equally scathing retort. Zumbo this jerk!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I can understand Zumbo saying what he did, after all he was a hunter not a real gun guy, as Mr. Zumbo stated in the Augest 07 issue of SWAT. Good part is he learned his leason and is now working on our side.

Mr. Jackson is a different story as a NRA board member he stabbed hundreds of thousands of NRA members in the back and then twisted it. Mr. Jackson needs to resign from the NRA board now! And if he does not resign he needs to be removed as the true backstabber he is.

I've been an NRA life member since 1969 and this MR. Jackson makes me ashamed of being an NRA member.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The NRA supported

The NFA
The GCA

The NRA President Karl T Frederick practically wrote the NFA and the previous D.C. law it was based upon.

+1!

The NRA has two faces... Everyone wants to believe in its education and defence of gun rights (members and especially life members only see this face).  The other face?  Besides the above references, they support gun registration.  I'm proud to be a non-member.

Like any "organization", they all can be infiltrated and taken over to achieve an agenda over time while doing what is necessary to keep its membership content!  The thing that chapped my ass with GOA is they wanted members to support Tom Delay??? Because he was "gun friendly"... of course he was unfriendly in every other category.

I bet you JJ stays on as a director until the end of his term in opposition to the member's voice.

my $0.02
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Never thought I'd quote a line from the McLaurey's in Tombstone but....:

Wearing that badge dont make you right
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:07:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The NRA supported

The NFA
The GCA

This is true.

They also:

Removed handguns from NFA.

Changed GCA68 to allow C&R surplus rifles to be imported.

Added instant check to Brady Bill.

Added 10 year sunset to AWB bill.

Prevented closing of gun show loophole.

Prevented passage of another AWB.

As well as 1000s of other pro-gun initiatives.

The bottom line is, without NRA, guns would be banned. If everyone who owned an "Assault Rifle" was an active member of the NRA, most gun laws would be removed from the books.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I've got news for him; he's in the same boat as the rest of us.
(I'm so sure he doesn't own a ar15 with a 30 round magazine.)
Retired after 27 years (Unless you’re in the military you are a CIVILIAN in my book!)

Civilian
Definition: Civilian
Civilian
Adjective
1. Associated with or performed by civilians as contrasted with the military; "civilian clothing" "civilian life".

Noun
1. A nonmilitary citizen.
http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definition/civilian
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I am glad I read this. Me and my 3 friends that bought their Ars at the same time I did, were thinking of joining the NRA. I definitely wont now.

I do currently donate to the ACLU, and have for 6 years.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I am glad I read this. Me and my 3 friends that bought their Ars at the same time I did, were thinking of joining the NRA. I definitely wont now.

JOIN THE NRA - and get all your friends to join as well. That's the only way to get this sort of thing changed. We need as many voters on our side as possible.

I'm from Australia and so many gun owners did not join the SSAA (NRA equivalent) which made it weak. Almost all guns are banned there now.

As Benjamin Franklin said - "If we don't hang together, we will hang separately"
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#26]

JOIN THE NRA - and get all your friends to join as well. That's the only way to get this sort of thing changed. We need as many voters on our side as possible.

Don't you have to be a member for X consecutive years before you are allowed to vote?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Don't you have to be a member for X consecutive years before you are allowed to vote?

Five years.  Or you can join Life within (I think) 60 or 90 days of the election.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#28]
This program was originally broadcast on Jun 16, 2005.  And we are just now finding out about it.  I will not renew my membership until Mr. Joaquin Jackson is gone
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I don't see the ACLU as a big gun supporting organization but to each his own.

If you don't join the NRA you'd better join something that supports gun rights. No one else has the political clout NRA does but there are alternatives I suppose.

And vote.

Just don't do nothing or you will lose your guns. Count on it. And that could be after the next election.

Did anybody find a way to view this broadcast yet?

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#30]

www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalks/archives/jackson/5_high.asp
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't see the ACLU as a big gun supporting organization but to each his own.

If you don't join the NRA you'd better join something that supports gun rights. No one else has the political clout NRA does but there are alternatives I suppose.

And vote.

Just don't do nothing or you will lose your guns. Count on it. And that could be after the next election.

The ACLU does not believe in your individual right to own a firearm.

www.aclu.org/police/gen/14523res20020304.html
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Got a link to the audio or video file?  The one you provided doesn't seem to offer up much.  If this is so, then he needs to be Zumbo'd right the hell out of office of the NRA.

It offers up EVERYTHING, you must not have watched or listened.

Go to the link he gave you, watch the last video and start it about halfway through: www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalks/archives/jackson/jackson.asp

He says the NRA board members have discussed the idea of limiting AW ownership to LEOs and military only, and that he believes no civvie should have one, and if they do there should be a 5 round limit to mags!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#33]

I was about to renew with NRA, when I saw a video at the Texas Monthly site where NRA boardmember Joaquin Johnson is interviewed.

He OPENLY STATES that he supports a total ban on civilian ownership of "assault weapons" and that IF they are allowed at all there should be a limit of FIVE ROUNDS for magazines!

You BETRAY the 2nd Amendment and our great country every day that you keep him on board. DUMP THIS TRAITOR NOW!

I will withhold my contribution to you and encourage all of my fellow gun owners to do the same until this is rectified. I will spread the word in person and on every gun forum I am a member of.

How can you betray America this way?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Fwiw, Joaquin Jackson frequents the Market Hall gun show in Dallas.  He's normally near the entrance and selling his book.

mm
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Fwiw, Joaquin Jackson frequents the Market Hall gun show in Dallas.  He's normally near the entrance and selling his book.

mm

If you confront him, get it on YouTube.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Can a whole bunch of us confront him at once there :)

He needs to know that this anti-American Zumbo shite doesn't go over well with us.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Your jumping into this a little late.  The first thread with the link in it This One doesn't offer up much.  Falarak posted a link that goes to the videos after my post.

Quoted:

Quoted:

It offers up EVERYTHING, you must not have watched or listened.

Go to the link he gave you, watch the last video and start it about halfway through: www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalks/archives/jackson/jackson.asp

He says the NRA board members have discussed the idea of limiting AW ownership to LEOs and military only, and that he believes no civvie should have one, and if they do there should be a 5 round limit to mags!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#39]
I hope those of you who are angered by Joaquin Jackson's anti-gun rhetoric, and don't want him representing you as an NRA Director, are at least equally as angered at Rudy Giuliani's anti-gun rhetoric, and don't want him representing you as POTUS.

Here's Rudy on Charlie Rose back in 1995:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ99sBfdqE0&NR=1
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#40]
I emailed the NRA and told them what I thought about Mr. Jackson's opinions.

Does anyone know if he's still even on the board?

As far as the NRA goes, like them or not, they're the best thing we've got.  If you're not a member, and you're not making your opinion about what matters known to them, then you're not doing everything you can do to preserve our gun rights.

If you like GOA, JPFO, and whoever else better, join them too.  But don't drop your NRA membership.  They're the only gun lobby group anyone in politics takes seriously.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I hope those of you who are angered by Joaquin Jackson's anti-gun rhetoric, and don't want him representing you as an NRA Director, are at least equally as angered at Rudy Giuliani's anti-gun rhetoric, and don't want him representing you as POTUS.

Here's Rudy on Charlie Rose back in 1995:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ99sBfdqE0&NR=1

To be fair that is from 12 years ago.

Any change in his position may or may not be sincere.  It's probably not.  However, people can and do change their opinions.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#42]
This is his book

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I just got off the phone with them. They said that they do not support his comments and we should un-elect him in 2010 when his term is over. This prick could do a lot of damage by then.

Also they said that only 4 people called them (including me). I suggest a few of you call.

They also said that this was a couple years old and is being brought back up because the libs want us all to quit the NRA for when Hillary is pres.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#44]

It's just amazing that this has been kept so quiet for 2 years. In that time he has been reelected as an NRA director (I even voted for him), sold a bunch of books, and been welcomed as a speaker at gun collector association meetings (including the Dallas Arms Collectors Association, who I can assure you would have tarred and feathered him had they known) etc etc.

He might not be so welcome any longer.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Also they said that only 4 people called them (including me). I suggest a few of you call.

Someone on either Uzitalk, my board or maybe Grog's site said they were told there had been hundreds of calls as of mid day today.  I'll have to find out where I read that.  

As far as the Rudy comment.  I thought everyone knew he was a gun grabber.  He is pro buttsecks and pro baby killing as well.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I am a member of the NRA and will continue to be because as stated above, it's a necessary evil.  The problem with the NRA is there aren't enough of "us" that do any more than pay our dues.  Then there is the group of "us" that won't send them money because they don't promote the black rifle.  I have been part of both groups and probably still lean towards the "I don't have time to mess with it" group.  I'm as guilty as the next guy.  However, only "us" can change the NRA by overwhelming the population with "us".  Like it or not (and I don't like it) they are the biggest game in town.  If you don't join and try to take over the biggest game in town, you are only part of the other little game in town forever while the biggest group transforms into the "take your black rifle group".  

I wrote the GOA a letter to see where they stand on general issues.  Since I"m used to sending letters to mega money grabbing organizations such as the NRA, I really didn't expect a response.  To my surprise, I got a response quite quickly and it was apparently not a form letter.   Just thought I would share.

originally written by firebug:
> Subject: fed up with the NRA
>
> What is GOA's stance on Class III weapons (legally owned of course)
> and assault type weapons?
>
>
>
> After hearing that the NRA has a director that has publicly said no
> weapon should have more than 5 rounds, and simply being fed up with
> NRA ONLY fighting for hunting rifles and shotguns and not handguns and
> other types of weapons, I'm trying to locate an organization that supports ALL gun rights.
> Although, hunting rifles and shotguns are very important to me because
> I am a hunter, I also have assault weapons of which some are registered NFA
> weapons.   Is the GOA pro ALL guns, or just some?
>
>
>
> Thanks

: originally written by the GOA:
Thank you for the note.

We support the repeal of the machine gun ban and have been actively trying to do so but about as far as we gotten in the past and currently is Ron Paul's bill that would repeal the "sporting purposes" language from federal law. --  H.R. 1096 (Paul): This bill would (1) repeal the Brady law and the Instant check system; (2) repeal federal provisions discriminating against firearms which the government determines to have no "sporting purpose," and (3) repeal the requirement that trigger locks be purchased by anyone purchasing a handgun from a dealer.

We feel that the weapons carried by our Individual Combat Infantry Soldier is what the Second Amendment covers with its "shall not infringe."  So yes we support the private non restricted ownership of "assault weapons."

Peruse our web site and I think all doubt will be removed.

Thank you for writing

Robert E. Duggar
Public Liaison

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Hey there fellas, as my post count will tell, I'm new to the site, but I have a couple of questions about this Jackson guy.

How can we spread this?  As many have said, his ass needs to be Zumbo-ed, ASAP.

This is the only board that I frequent, is it being talked up on other boards?  I'd love to spread the word but I really don't know how.

Is there a way to deluge influential people with emails and snail mail to the point that they can't ignore it?  Who are these people?  

We legal firearms/weapons owners need to hammer home to this moron that we aren't the problem.  We purchase and own all of our firearms lawfully, and our mission is to spread the fun and joy of the shooting sports.

I will proudly say that I have introduced many people, men and women, to shooting.  Just last month I took a girl from my office shooting for the first time.  She flat assed loved it, she had an ear to ear grin.  We as a community aren't the enemy, we need to project our collective voices and let this guy know he is wrong.

Any of you out there that are in the know as to who to contact about this let me know, let the board know, I/we will send email as well as hand written letters.  This shit pisses me off to no end, we need to rally and get this stopped.

*steps down from the soapbox*

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
This is the only board that I frequent, is it being talked up on other boards?

Rest assured that most of us frequent other boards as well depending on our personal interests.   I'm on a board for 2 different types of machineguns as well as a 37mm/40mm board.  I made sure this was posted on them as well.  

What can you do?  Tell everyone you know to join not only the NRA but others as well, VOTE in each (if you can), constantly write emails and call letting them know your stance and educate as many folks as you come into contact with in a very not "in your face" way.  Like anything else, if you get in their face and pound your fist, they ain't gonna get it.  They will think your a nut.  

Sounds like you are doing a good job by taking folks at work to shoot.  I commend you.  

Me?  What do I do?   Well...no where near enough I hate to say.  I'm guilty as the next guy unfortunately.   However, I'm tired of having to say that so I think I will go and change it.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#49]
I still support the NRA because of their stated positions with regard to gun rights.

I can also understand why this H. Joachin Jackson was nominated and elected to the NRA BoD for at least the third time. He has law enforcement credentials and a somewhat distinguished career. Given his age and statements on magazine capacity he is probably a old "blue dog" democrat/dixiecrat.

Let's face it, Jackson chatted up to a known Marxist/Socialist publication ie. "Texas Monthly" that is well know for it's extreme anti 2nd amendment views and made a complete horse's ass out of himself. Pretty stupid IMO.

Rather than categorizing him as a selfish narrow-minded Fudd, I think
H. Joachin Jackson is an rusted out old horse's ass.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is the only board that I frequent, is it being talked up on other boards?

Rest assured that most of us frequent other boards as well depending on our personal interests.   I'm on a board for 2 different types of machineguns as well as a 37mm/40mm board.  I made sure this was posted on them as well.  

What can you do?  Tell everyone you know to join not only the NRA but others as well, VOTE in each (if you can), constantly write emails and call letting them know your stance and educate as many folks as you come into contact with in a very not "in your face" way.  Like anything else, if you get in their face and pound your fist, they ain't gonna get it.  They will think your a nut.  

Sounds like you are doing a good job by taking folks at work to shoot.  I commend you.  

Me?  What do I do?   Well...no where near enough I hate to say.  I'm guilty as the next guy unfortunately.   However, I'm tired of having to say that so I think I will go and change it.

When I get a day off I will dig through some websites and see if I can find a place to send some well worded emails.  If anyone can post/send a link I promise I'll be articulate in what I send.

I am so sick and tired of being villified by those that have abso-fucking-lutely no clue what we stand for.  Go to any range and talk some guy up about his current rig and you will be there for the next hour and a half.  Once people get past the "gun" part of this community they will be amazed at how open it really is.  

Maybe I should cool off a little before pursuing this issue...

*steps off the soapbox for the second time*

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top