Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 9:13:36 PM EDT
With all that's been going on this week, I felt that I needed to share this.

This incident happened in the spring of 89' or 90. I don't remember the date, sorry. This incident also happened within a 6 week span of me being held up in an armed robbery at a motel I worked night shift for. It was a bad year and I was 20 at the time.

It was early afternoon, about 2-3pm and I was stopping by a local convince store to get a coke (Dr. Pepper). I grabbed my drink and headed over to the magazine rack to see if my favorite gun rag at the time was in (S.O.F.). When all of a sudden I heard several women screaming then Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam.......I squatted down and tried to see what was going on.

I saw a late 20yr old woman with a handgun (pocket revolver) shooting into the rear of the store (kind of a grease pit grill, snack bar). I heard her say "Bitch you betta stay way from my man". Then she ran out. This all took place in the span of just a few seconds.

No one was hit with her shots, but there was a woman in the restroom who got cut by flying pieces of mirror. Since I was near the front I got a decent description of the woman and of the get away car. I still remember the details today as well as the guys that held me up, really kind of weird. Anyway the police arrived fairly quick~7min IIRC and radioed to other units who eventually caught the suspect after the vehicle description I gave.

The reason I'm sharing this today is that this situation happened so very fast I had almost no time to do anything. I remember clearly thinking "hey there is a boat oar at the end of the isle, I can beat the crap out of her". There just wasn't time, it was over in a matter of seconds.

Outside of drawing a holstered gun, there was not anything anyone could have done. The lessons I took away from this experience have helped me become a stronger individual and act with firm resolution. I thank Susan Hupp for her instrumental role in getting the Texas Legislature to enact concealed carry laws.

For those of you who have not had a violent encounter of any kind I encourage you to "war-game" senarios as much as possible. Because when it goes down, it goes down extremely fast. I now go everywhere armed and have for many, many years. I am very lucky to be alive today and I don't take that for granted, nor should you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top