Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2007 3:00:17 PM EDT

Quoted:

Strange that you should say that. I am running beadlocks with the BFG's on my Jeep, so I have never tried to balance them. They ride just fine anyway, except when they have been sitting cold for a long time with 6-8 psi in them.

The BFG's on my pick-up balance great, as have the previous fours sets I have run on other vehicles.

Sometimes the larger sizes are a bit tricky, as with any offroad tires, but with patience [sometimes rotating them on the wheel] they should balance OK. Now if they are chunked very bad, or the wheels are banged up, all bets are off, but the brand of tire won't matter in that case.

The size I had were 235/75-15s, this was back in the early/mid 90s.  They were so bad, and the replacements(different lot, different store) were also so bad that I gave up on BFGs completely.  They'd balance ok, but once on the road and above 50 mph you'd get bounced out of the seat.  Got a set of Generals at the PX to replace them...Generals ended up being some of my favorite tires.

mm
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Um what?
I think you posted in the wrong forum!

eta: wrong THREAD apparently www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=265544
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Um what?
I think you posted in the wrong forum!

eta: wrong THREAD apparently www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=265544

Didn't want to hijack the Discount Tire thread anymore than I did with a BFG thread.

mm

keep up
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
BFG = Michelin, not BFG.

huh?

BF Goodrich is part of Michelin?

mm
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
BFG = Michelin, not BFG.

huh?

BF Goodrich is part of Michelin?

mm

yep
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought it was just the ||BFG large truck tires were Mich.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:07:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

20+ years now. BFG is no longer a tire company, but a brand name, owned by Michelin, who make tires with that name on them.

I was kinda hoping it was more recent.  Maybe if the ownership and manufacturing had changed, improved, since I went through that mess I might try them again.

mm
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:19:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

20+ years now. BFG is no longer a tire company, but a brand name, owned by Michelin, who make tires with that name on them.

I was kinda hoping it was more recent.  Maybe if the ownership and manufacturing had changed, improved, since I went through that mess I might try them again.

mm

No. They still suck. I should have thrown them through the window like the old lady on TV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top