Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 6:51:40 PM EDT
So...
Sader762 and I made a last-minute trip to the range last night.  While I was there, firebug calls me.  After he forgives me for not inviting him to the range (it was, after all, a short notice trip), he asks if I want to ride with him to visit our Friendly Neighborhood SOT (heretofore referred to as "JR") and maybe stop by the Longview fun show -- which is usually not worth the price of parking.  Did I mention parking was free?  

I'm supposed to spend the day at home with the fam, but manage to get permission to slip away for a couple of hours.

We end up going to the fun show first, because JR was going to be there -- which made going to his shop pretty pointless.  We met up with JR and eventually ran into Fister and HKPre86.  One thing let to another, and next thing I knew we were all eating burgers and The Butcher Shop, and eventually ended up back at HK's house.  That's where the fun really began.  (Despite what TRG and/or others would like to think, the previous statement is is in fact a single entendre.)

Notably absent: Sader762, who would have been invited (even though I knew he was busy) had I known what we'd end up doing.  maximumbob_tx, who WAS invited, but had a Monty Python skit to re-enact.  (Don't ask.)  SC_Texas, whose family legal services I thought I might need after coming home long after the intended "couple of hours."

Pics to follow.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
HKpre86 shooting his 93.  We also shot his G3K and MP5.  The sear pack, of course, followed whichever gun was out at the time.

Fister shooting his AR pistol

Our friendly neighborhood SOT, "JR" with his M11.  I counted 9 or 10 pieces of brass in the air.  Man that thing shoots fast.

Firebug playing with his SBR and new 37mm.  He tried out some new flare loads, which were entertaining -- some moreso than others.

(notice JR on the left redefining the term "butt crack".)

I got a conjugal visit with my YHM 308 QD can.  It was my first time to shoot it on my 700, and I was very happy with it.  The approved F4 should be here soon so I can actually bring it home.

ETA: present but not pictured -- a couple of M16's, a 556 can, a Kuehl Precision dedicated 22lr upper w/ can, a integrally suppressed FA 10/22, and the aforementioned G3K and MP5 hosts for HKPre86's sear.

edited again to add pic of fister.  don't know how I missed that the first time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya, well........whatever............

It's just shootin'.....................
It's not like you had any fun....................
Without me..................................

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#3]
So does this mean we have an "East Texas Crew" now?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:59:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Eric, Eric, Eric.
You are messing with my head, man.
You put that pic of the 308 can in there just to screw with ME, right?

You know what? "You are going to have to see... Doug.
I've known grown men to pull their own heads off rather than see Doug."
He will probably nail your head to the floor.

The good news is, now that Firebug is adequately armed, we won't have to fear "Spiny Norman" anymore.
I can sleep soundly once again.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#5]
 Hey you guys, I looked for that 4-door white Ford at the APG Sniper Shoot at Greenville yesterday, found one but it wasn't you.  It was my first shoot to go to and I was nervous as HELL!!!! with all my adrenalin flowing wild.  I was still lucky enough to get 3rd. place.  Got a few goodies for placing.  That Berretta pistol for 1st was real nice.  Tena and I are planning to go to Hun Ranch, so maybe we can meet up there.   Have lots of fun & be safe,  Eddie AK- Fritzcat
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey HKpre86, notice the .308 is even "amongst" the set of pictures!    It just seems to always be there sort of like the roaming gnome.

We did have a good time.  Thanks for having us HK!

We need to do that more often.   Maybe we could pick a date sometime to shoot, fry some fish and make a day of it.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
 Hey you guys, I looked for that 4-door white Ford at the APG Sniper Shoot at Greenville yesterday, found one but it wasn't you.  It was my first shoot to go to and I was nervous as HELL!!!! with all my adrenalin flowing wild.  I was still lucky enough to get 3rd. place.  Got a few goodies for placing.  That Berretta pistol for 1st was real nice.  Tena and I are planning to go to Hun Ranch, so maybe we can meet up there.   Have lots of fun & be safe,  Eddie AK- Fritzcat

Well Done!!!!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So does this mean we have an "East Texas Crew" now?

Bout damn time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Nice to meet you there yesterday at the match.  I will sort through my spare/surplus AR parts and make a list for you.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey HKpre86, notice the .308 is even "amongst" the set of pictures!    It just seems to always be there sort of like the roaming gnome.

Gnome shenanigans?

We did have a good time.  Thanks for having us HK!

Your welcome, im glad you had fun even though you only had one gun,mag,flaregun, and only 1020 rounds of ammo.

We need to do that more often.   Maybe we could pick a date sometime to shoot, fry some fish and make a day of it.  

How bout a camp out/beer fest/tannerite/spotlighting for hogs and other vermin event. (Not necessarily in that order.)

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Sorry I didn't make the match.  I didn't have my rifle back and sighted in by the registration deadline.  In fact, I didn't get it to the range after reassembly until Friday night.  I wouldn't have felt comfortable shooting a match with it.

Glad to hear you did well, and it looks like you hooked up w/ hrt4me.  He's good people.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#12]
How bout a camp out/beer fest/tannerite/spotlighting for hogs and other vermin event. (Not necessarily in that order.)

I'm in!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now we're talking.  Let's set a date and get something together.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Next weekend?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#15]
height=8
Quoted:
Next weekend?

I"m actually out for November.  I'm either at the deer lease or I have my daughter or both every weekend in November.   I'm in for December!  

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Next weekend?

When and where. I will buy the beer this time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#17]
The rest of Nov. isn't great for me either.  I need next weekend to prepare for Hun Farm, the following weekend I'll be at the Farm, and I think the weekend after that is Thanksgiving.  After that things should calm down.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The rest of Nov. isn't great for me either.  I need next weekend to prepare for Hun Farm, the following weekend I'll be at the Farm, and I think the weekend after that is Thanksgiving.  After that things should calm down.

Let me know when you do this, and I may come east to join all of you.

BTW, the next Dallas Arms Collectors Association (DACA) gun show at Market Hall in Dallas is always held the weekend after Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW, the next Dallas Arms Collectors Association (DACA) gun show at Market Hall in Dallas is always held the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Will do.  We'd be glad to have you.  You can probably crash at my place if you want to stay the night.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone who wants to come is more than welcome to, but id like to keep it at less than 20-25 people for this first go around.   Sometime in December then?

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That Market Hall show would be a good one to get a few guys together go to.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#22]
height=8
Quoted:
Anyone who wants to come is more than welcome to, but id like to keep it at less than 20-25 people for this first go around.   Sometime in December then?

How about 12/9?  I am working on a BBQ pit on a trailer and might have it finished or at least almost finished by then.  I can do the cooking.   If I don't have it finished, We could fry some fish or something.   Actually, now that I think about it, I built a grill a while back to take to Texan games for tailgaiting that slides into my receiver hitch.  I can bring that.   I've cooked for 10 or so on it before and could have cooked for more.   If everyone wnts to chip in $6-$7 I can cook some pork tenderloins or for less $ we can just do chicken or something.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top