Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2006 7:33:28 PM EDT
Well, after working in Law Enforcement a total of 5 years, working as a Private Investigator since January of 1994, and owning my own Private Investigations company since 1997, it looks like it is time for a career change.

I received a call today from a large insurance carrier offering me a full-time position as an Investigator in the company's Special Investigations Unit (SIU). After playing the self-employment game full-time for over 9 years, I am excited to make the jump. Excellent salary, company vehicle, company equipment, flexible working hours, and BENEFITS! Even better, the office will be about 15 miles from my home, and is only about 1.5 miles from the school where the Mrs. works. I was told that I will probably be working from home 2 to 3 days a week (good thing I have a complete home office already...).

I will be closing out my Private Investigations company over the next month and a half, so contact me soon if any of you need anything. I have enjoyed working with many of you from the board on PI related matters, and can offer advice and referral to another PI friend should any of you be in need.

I will be remaining in the firearm business as a side business (hobby) on a part-time basis as this is one of my passions / obsessions.

In all honesty, I am nervous as hell at the thought of starting a new job / career. It has been 9 years since I last drew a pay check. The Mrs. is excited that her deadbeat hubby is FINALLy getting a real job

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats! The insurance industry sure as hell ain't going anywhere. I had to quit, lost too much hair.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I jumped careers 20 years ago -- from advertising manager to food and beverage manager.  Never regreted it.  Sometimes you just gotta step out in faith.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats, and glad to hear you're staying in the gun game.  That way I can keep recommending you to people.  FWIW I finally turned over enough rocks to find an SOT closer to home, so no more late-night commutes from East Texas to Spring for me.  But if you're ever in the neighborhood feel free to drop me a line.

-Eric
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Change can be good.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice, now your back to working for "da man".

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Congratulation  on what sounds like a good offering.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Keith,

Congrats on the new job and thanks for staying with the gun stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top