Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2006 7:48:04 PM EDT
A friend of mine is thinking of going up there to shoot their class 3 stuff.  Is it any good?

Are their prices for the class 3 rentals reasonable?  $15 per mag.  They've got a sten, m3, mp5, and an uzi.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Never rented the Class 3 stuff there, but it's one of my favorite places to shoot - not particularly fancy or scenic, but a lot more "relaxed" than most other ranges in the SA/Comal/Austin area.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 9:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
bullethole is a pretty nice facility.  the last time i went, i bought a couple magazines for the mp5 to try out...  it was expensive, but i've always wanted to use one, so it was worth it.  btw, it's a 15 round mag, not a 30.  just keep that in mind.

i like the rifle ranges there better then the other san antonio area ranges.  however, there is no shotgun range there.  that's one of the biggest reasons i can usually be found at bracken.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#3]
You can use the shotgun there at the pistol range.  during drought season they'll tell ya not to shoot the target cuz the can catch fire and will have you shoot at the base of the mounds.  The old guy that works there as an RO is cool and will give you advice if you want it. Very Helpful.  However, the heavy-set RO Needs a MAJOR attitude adjustment and also has some property where somebody should start a shoe shop...Sun don't shine there but there's plenty of space for a size 10!  Otherwise it's a fun place, good price and a somewhat nice drive...     Haven't been to the rifle range yet but I'd like to go.  Mainly just go to the pistol range.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 4:42:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Not a bad place to work on some drills.

I call ahead and ask if a bay will be available.  I/we give them $10 for each shooter, then off we go.  Rifle/pistol/shotgun - no prob.

You can also join Texas Tactical - unlimited range use when there's no matches in-progress - although it is a drive.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I've only been there once--for my CHL qualifying.

Looked like a well-run place.  A bit of a drive for me, though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I call ahead and ask if a bay will be available.  I/we give them $10 for each shooter, then off we go.  Rifle/pistol/shotgun - no prob.

You can also join Texas Tactical - unlimited range use when there's no matches in-progress - although it is a drive.

In which direction?  I live in Beeville.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 3:25:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Their website has a map.

It's southwest of Austin.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas Tactical would be closer for you.

Its in Dripping Springs off of Loop 165 which is off of 165.  Take 290 West of Dripping Springs, go left on 165, go left on Loop 165, Whatch for sign.

I am not a member, but go to the matches there.  Its about 80 miles for me, otherwise I would join.  My understanding is it is a Private range, you police yourself, know what I mean?

Mike and his Wife are great people, and great help.  Hell, even all of the S/O's/R/O's I have met are goood guys.

Try a match first, only $17 bucks, cant go wrong.

BTW....it is a Tactical bay range, no long shots that I am aware of.

Check it out here texastactical.net , and call Mike, he will answer any question you have.

Travis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top