Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 5:52:33 PM EDT
Whiskey Tall had the high temp in the Nation today.  102º F.  That's hot for April!       (That's Wichita Falls for you folks in Rio Linda).  

TC

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I spent the day working in the yard, melting down thinking I had softened up. I even turned the A/C on in my office when I retreated there to play guns  Me and the dog shared a couple of beers and chilled out... fullclip
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I went over to a gun shop just across the state line about 1030hrs and it was about 80degrees. A group of us got to BS'ing and I didn't leave until 1630hrs. Walked out the door and the heat about floored me,,that and the 30mph winds.

Bill,was gonna call you about hitting the Red River range this weekend but figured it to be too windy.
It wasn't a total loss,yesterday. Bought some Hornady .223 TAP and have my name on a case of Q3131A that's inbound.
Clint
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I went over to a gun shop just across the state line about 1030hrs and it was about 80degrees. A group of us got to BS'ing and I didn't leave until 1630hrs. Walked out the door and the heat about floored me,,that and the 30mph winds.

Bill,was gonna call you about hitting the Red River range this weekend but figured it to be too windy.
It wasn't a total loss,yesterday. Bought some Hornady .223 TAP and have my name on a case of Q3131A that's inbound.
Clint

Hey Clint.  Yeah, it was just plain hot and windy this weekend.  I'm thinking of going early next Sunday.  I'll just have to wing it and see what's going on then.  Should be cooler by next weekend too.  

TC
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I spent the day working in the yard, melting down thinking I had softened up. I even turned the A/C on in my office when I retreated there to play guns  Me and the dog shared a couple of beers and chilled out... fullclip

Sounds a lot like my day.  Did the yardwork, then spent the rest of the time inside with the A/C on trimming brass.  My least favorite part of reloading.  But, they're all trimmed and checked now!  

TC

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds a lot like my day.  Did the yardwork, then spent the rest of the time inside with the A/C on trimming brass.  My least favorite part of reloading.  But, they're all trimmed and checked now!  

TC

But at least you can have a few cold ones while trimming. Save the sober for the rest of the process   fullclip
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That sucks.
Hope its cooler out by the time the Hun farm event gets here.
So much for spring.

I miss the cold weather events at the farm. I work in the heat all summer, I don't want to play in it...  fullclip
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Get used to it guys.  There may be a few breaks here and there.  But this year will be very hot and dry.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:02:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get used to it guys.  There may be a few breaks here and there.  But this year will be very hot and dry.

This is Texas.  How long did it take you to figure out it would be hot and dry this summer?

TRG

About 14 years, that's how long I've been here.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I don't need hot and dry, I need RAIN!! Can you help out a little here????  fullclip
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#13]
fuck rain, i hate humidity.  

I left beaumont for a reason
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top