Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 5:41:20 AM EDT
Hey guys, I am selling my AR on the EE.  Can someone tell me what I need to do to legally ship it to someone. I know it must go to an FFL Dealer and from what I understand from UPS, it has to be dropped of at their customer service center, not UPS store. I am a bit unclear as to if I can ship it or if I have to have a dealer ship it for me!  Any advice would be great!!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:45:25 AM EDT
[#1]
ship it yourself but make sure it goes to a ffl. also make sure that the ffl you are shipping to will accept from a non-ffl
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey guys, I am selling my AR on the EE.  Can someone tell me what I need to do to legally ship it to someone. I know it must go to an FFL Dealer and from what I understand from UPS, it has to be dropped of at their customer service center, not UPS store. I am a bit unclear as to if I can ship it or if I have to have a dealer ship it for me!  Any advice would be great!!!

Since it is a rifle, this is your least expensive option:

B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U. S. Postal Service?

A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. A nonlicensee may not transfer any firearm to a nonlicensed resident of another state. The Postal Service recommends that longguns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms

more info at www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I can fix that shipping problem for ya
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top