Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 11:45:34 AM EDT
Went searching through the Texas board looking for some Get Togethers in the DFW area.  Looking for some folks to go to the range with.  Tired of goint to Alpine and being around a bunch of dill-holes that act unsafe like and make me nervous.  Would also like to find a range close by with more than 100yrds.  I am ordering a new SS this weekend on payday, so won't be able to go to the range with it till 4-22-6.  Unless I keep the 30yr old 4x redfield on my new FN PBR for one more outing.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Just post when and where.  Give some advance time.  Sometimes folks will show up in droves, others, just a few.  But folks usually show up.

TXL
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]
what ranges do ya'll usually run out to?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what ranges do ya'll usually run out to?

I used to go to Alpine but got hired being muzzle swiped and watching gang members try to shoot their SKS at 100 yards.  Then I joined the Arlington Sportsman's Club.  It's in Mansfield (kind of).  There are ranges from 7 to 200 yards.

R.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#4]
were is arlington's sportsman club....ya I love to watch these idiots with there $125 sks's try and hit 12"x12" paper at 100yrds with open sights and never hit it.  Meanwhile I am shooting 3"x5" post cards with a one inch round pasty on it  posting up .75 three shot groups.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Join us here to get a proper long range baptism.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I belong to The Haltom City Rifle and Pistol Club. It's at Hwy.121 and Minnis in Haltom City, next to the old landfill.
It's a private club, and we have about 10 50 yard stations, about 10 100 yard and 6 200 yard stations, concrete benches that are covered.

We have a falling plate match this Saturday that's open to anyone. Come out for a look around.

Jim
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:32:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Would love to head to Tiger Valley, I have to work that Saturday though and I may not a new scope yet.  But on the second hand I could delay paying a bill or two and man up this payday.

That Haltom city range can't be 5 miles from my work I may check them out this weekend.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Would love to head to Tiger Valley, I have to work that Saturday though and I may not a new scope yet.  But on the second hand I could delay paying a bill or two and man up this payday.

That Haltom city range can't be 5 miles from my work I may check them out this weekend.
Thanks

The shoot is on Sunday- No excuses now!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#9]
ok, ok, ok, ok I will be there.  I just need to click the link and register and get directions.

new nikon tactical is in the works and should be here by end of weekend.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#10]
The plate match in Haltom City is on Saturday, so you can go to both.

A match on Easter Sunday?
Jim
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The plate match in Haltom City is on Saturday, so you can go to both.

A match on Easter Sunday?
Jim

There is a shoot there next weekend(23rd), and a Western Texas Match the following weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top