Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 6:09:50 PM EDT
We just bought a 5x10 trailer to replace a 5x8 stolen back in January. Is a light necessary for the tag in Texas? The bracket that is on the left side of the trailer is not wide enough for all of the plate to be displayed. The way it is braced part of the numbers on the tag are hidden.  I want to place the tag on the tailgate but I need to know if it needs to be lighted. I don't really plan on being out with it much after dark but I don't want to attract any unnecessary attention either.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine does not have one.
I would say no

I have a 7X14

No light
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine has one, but the plate is under the tail lamp that has a built-in light.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#3]
No. 'Utility trailers' are not REQUIRED to have one. But if it's not too much trouble to install one, do it.

It might keep you from being pulled over by someone that might not know the law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top