Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 10:23:02 AM EDT
I have been looking for a an AR Lower or someone that could order one hear in the Rio Grande Valley and came accross these guys. DANNYS PAWN & SPORTING GOODS I asked "If they could get any lowers?" The guy on the other end said yes and I was happy to hear that. I asked what they had or could get. He told me he could get a complete Bushy lower for $370. Kind of high I thought. So I asked about an RRA lower and the guy told me it would cost $470. !! $470 !! I was like WTF! I thought he was joking but he wasn't. $470,$10 shipping and $20 for FFL  Fee an EVEN $500. DAMN. I told him I was going to look around because I was sure I could find them cheaper and they hung up before I could finish. Just thought I would let you guys know.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Sad to say but that is how alot of pawn shops work.
I have been to lots that sell beat up used guns for some where between retail to DOUBBLE retail for guns. Nothing special, just some thing you can get at wal-mart or academy or the like

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have been looking for a an AR Lower or someone that could order one hear in the Rio Grande Valley and came accross these guys. DANNYS PAWN & SPORTING GOODS I asked "If they could get any lowers?" The guy on the other end said yes and I was happy to hear that. I asked what they had or could get. He told me he could get a complete Bushy lower for $370. Kind of high I thought. So I asked about an RRA lower and the guy told me it would cost $470. !! $470 !! I was like WTF! I thought he was joking but he wasn't. $470,$10 shipping and $20 for FFL  Fee an EVEN $500. DAMN. I told him I was going to look around because I was sure I could find them cheaper and they hung up before I could finish. Just thought I would let you guys know.

What a rip
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:11:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#4]
When I bought my first rifle online I did the transfer at Dannys for $50 The only other close one didnt wanna do it since they had the same type of rifle for sale but at a way higher price.

I can't believe I paid that much for a transfer. This is when I was an 18year old newbie though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#5]
for a $20 transfer fee, why don't you order your lower shipped to him and have him do the transfer?

But if your asking him to do the complete transaction, he's free to set his prices.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Um...you do understand you don't have to pay a price they tell you, right? I mean, this IS the way of the world.

If I got excited about every high high price I saw that wasn't worth it, I'd be in a straight jacket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top