Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 3:15:20 PM EDT
www.tacproshootingcenter.com/index.html

has anyone ever been here? it looks very cool and i had talked to a customer at academy about it, he said it was a very friendly envoirment, even for class 3.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the guy that's going to be the new long range expert on Shooting USA.  Scouten did a whole show on the place about two weeks ago.  I met a guy at the Arlington Sportman's club who said it was a great place and said I should come to a three gun match there in May.

R.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Bill is a good guy...

Most of the time but
Alot of British people are funny like that.

and you can shoot on the move...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I would live out there if I was anywhere nearby, it is a really nice facility that has been continually improved.  Unfortunately I am on the other side of the Metromess and only make it out there for the 3-gun matches.  

The next 3-gun is May 13 (likely sold out now, but maybe not).  I will likely be RO'ing again, as I have for the past 8 or so matches.  They run it twice a year, in May and October.  It is very much on the tactical side of 3-gun matches, usually with a surprise stage and some other twists.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:02:44 AM EDT
[#5]
This may sound like a silly question....but on a range that offers 200-1000 yard range shooting......how do you post your targets??

Seems like you'd be walking forever to post your targets and get back to the bench?!?!?

Also, do you bring a damn telescope to see your target at 1000 yards?? I have a spotting scope...but i don't know if i can see a little hole in a piece of paper at 1000 yards....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:30:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This may sound like a silly question....but on a range that offers 200-1000 yard range shooting......how do you post your targets??

Seems like you'd be walking forever to post your targets and get back to the bench?!?!?

Also, do you bring a damn telescope to see your target at 1000 yards?? I have a spotting scope...but i don't know if i can see a little hole in a piece of paper at 1000 yards....

You drive or use an ATV.  If you are shooting 1000 yards, you are not using small 1/2/3/4 inch targets, more like 24-36 inches.

Also, you must pass a qualifer to shoot past 500 yards at Tac-Pro.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
   The place is outstanding.  Bill was in SOF last month. As a member you get one free ffl xfer along with other bennies.  Food for thought..Do Not Piss Off ALICE  I.E., shooting the steed targets in the 50 yd bays with other that hand gun loads..I've been a member for 5 years
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Never been there, mostly because some of the commandos who have operated their booth at Market Hall the last couple of shows are so Rambo-goofy I figured the facility must be the same way. But with the endorsements posted on here I may have to revise my thinking and go out, so long as I don't encounter any of those nitwits. Don't know their names, sorry, since I didn't want to get that well acquainted with them but one of them is fairly tall with brown hair and the other one is an old guy, mostly gray hair. If you see them out there with guns in their hands, it would be much safer to steer clear....

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#9]
i have been 3 or 4 times and it is great.....bill and alice are good people
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I AM GOING THERE ON APRIL 15TH FOR THE 5 OR 6 ANNUAL LONE STAR SHOOT OUT.  400 YARD SHOOT .  I HAVE BEEN EVERY YEAR BUT THE FIRST AND I WILL NOT MISS IT.  IT IS A SUPERB PLACE.  IN FACT I WATCHED BILL SHOOT NEXT TO ME 2 YEARS AGO IN A TERRIBLE RAIN STORM ON A MAT ON THE GROUND WITH HIS ACCURACY INTERNATIONAL RIFLE AND CLEAN THE TARGETS IN MERE SECONDS EVERY ROUND AND COME IN 3RD TO GUYS SHOOTING 4-6K RIFLES WITH HUGE SCOPES TAKING 10 MINUTES TO SHOOT 10 SHOTS.  
I WOULD NOT WANT TO PISS BILL OFF EITHER!

WHERE ELSE CAN YOU SHOOT 2", 3" AND 4" CLAY PIGEONS ON A BURM AT 400 YARDS AND GET FREE BAR BE QUE AND A T-SHIRT!  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You drive or use an ATV.  If you are shooting 1000 yards, you are not using small 1/2/3/4 inch targets, more like 24-36 inches.

Also, you must pass a qualifer to shoot past 500 yards at Tac-Pro.

Um, some people have, now and then, shot at 4-5 inch clay pigeons at 1000k

A 1 moa gun and good dope will get you hits around 30-50% of the time.

Come shoot with us sometime.

TXL
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I AM GOING THERE ON APRIL 15TH FOR THE 5 OR 6 ANNUAL LONE STAR SHOOT OUT.  400 YARD SHOOT .  I HAVE BEEN EVERY YEAR BUT THE FIRST AND I WILL NOT MISS IT.  IT IS A SUPERB PLACE.  IN FACT I WATCHED BILL SHOOT NEXT TO ME 2 YEARS AGO IN A TERRIBLE RAIN STORM ON A MAT ON THE GROUND WITH HIS ACCURACY INTERNATIONAL RIFLE AND CLEAN THE TARGETS IN MERE SECONDS EVERY ROUND AND COME IN 3RD TO GUYS SHOOTING 4-6K RIFLES WITH HUGE SCOPES TAKING 10 MINUTES TO SHOOT 10 SHOTS.  

WHERE ELSE CAN YOU SHOOT 2", 3" AND 4" CLAY PIGEONS ON A BURM AT 400 YARDS AND GET FREE BAR BE QUE AND A T-SHIRT!  

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.barryboys.co.uk/photos2/Caps_Lock2.JPG

ROFL

but now i relly want to go. i live in south fort worth right of o loop 820 so it would take me about an hour to get there going the speed limit, but it seems so worth it, you dont have to be 21 to shoot there correct?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Nice shouting, AND avatar.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been there three times in the last two years, great place! Bill and Alice are great hosts too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top