Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 10:02:44 PM EDT
So I talked to some guys who were at the Market Hall show, one of them showed me some flyer he got from a company called "RIP Custom Arms" .  I took it from him as I wana get a new color scheem on my 458 SOCOM.  Im not sure if Rip is the guys name or if its like R.I.P.  Anyways, the flyer had some good prices for DURA COATING guys so I thought Id pass it along to anyone wanting the service but didnt wana send the gun to LCW, and since hes local DFW ya could drop it off at his shop, his prices seemed fair, heres what was in the flyer:

"$150.00 + return s/h
TWO TONE PACKAGE – FIRST 25 CUSTOMERS ONLY
Two options:  A. NEW Black Oxide & Coyote Brown
     B. NEW Black Oxide & OD Green
Includes:  disassembly/assembly, detailed cleaning, chemical degreasing, parkerizing (of ferrous metals), coating, & function check
The coating:  Muzzle device – colored, barrel/FSB/GB – black, HG – colored, upper/lower – black, stock/grip – colored, lower parts and charging handle – colored, 1 mag – colored.
If you want 1 scope/optic coated in single color – special price $ 25.00
If you want 1 set of rings/mount coated in single color – special price $ 15.00
Normal cost of this package: Rifle $245, Scope $50, Rings $30 "

The other price list was for a more delux color scheem it seemed:

"$225 + return s/h
CAMO PACKAGE – FIRST 15 CUSTOMERS ONLY
Two options:  A. Am Stripe Pattern in Black/OD Green or Black/Coyote
B. Urban Fatigue in Black, SOCOM Grey, Urban White
*these will be hand-cut patterns, each rifle unique – no machine cut stencils !!!
Includes:  disassembly/assembly, detailed cleaning, chemical degreasing, parkerizing (of ferrous metals), coating, & function check
The Coating:  Entire rifle patterned.  Small parts will be black.  1 mag patterned.  Black Speckle and Matte Clear Coat included.
If you want 1 scope/optic coated in color – special price $ 45.00
If you want 1 set of rings/mount coated in color – special price $ 30.00
Normal cost of this package: Rifle $ 350, Scope $75, Rings $55 "

anyways, Im thinking about having them do my 458 SOCOM. Im going to call them tomorrow.  The web site is

www.ripcustomarms.com

I will post pics when I get the gun back, hopefully turn around will be short seeing as they seem new.

Has anyone used them?? Im curious about there paint jobs, I really wana get my Ar dura coated just dont wana send it to LCW and this places prices seemed about right.

ETA: someone IM'd me for the phone number I forgot to add it, I had to copy all this from the flyer and I thought I had it, its  214-952-0755
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:29:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So I talked to some guys who were at the Market Hall show, one of them showed me some flyer he got from a company called "RIP Custom Arms" .  I took it from him as I wana get a new color scheem on my 458 SOCOM.  Im not sure if Rip is the guys name or if its like R.I.P.  Anyways, the flyer had some good prices for DURA COATING guys so I thought Id pass it along to anyone wanting the service but didnt wana send the gun to LCW, and since hes local DFW ya could drop it off at his shop, his prices seemed fair, heres what was in the flyer:

"$150.00 + return s/h
TWO TONE PACKAGE – FIRST 25 CUSTOMERS ONLY
Two options:  A. NEW Black Oxide & Coyote Brown
     B. NEW Black Oxide & OD Green
The coating:  Muzzle device – colored, barrel/FSB/GB – black, HG – colored, upper/lower – black, stock/grip – colored, lower parts and charging handle – colored, 1 mag – colored.
If you want 1 scope/optic coated in single color – special price $ 25.00
If you want 1 set of rings/mount coated in single color – special price $ 15.00
Normal cost of this package: Rifle $245, Scope $50, Rings $30 "

The other price list was for a more delux color scheem it seemed:

"$225 + return s/h
CAMO PACKAGE – FIRST 15 CUSTOMERS ONLY
Two options:  A. Am Stripe Pattern in Black/OD Green or Black/Coyote
B. Urban Fatigue in Black, SOCOM Grey, Urban White
*these will be hand-cut patterns, each rifle unique – no machine cut stencils !!!
The Coating:  Entire rifle patterned.  Small parts will be black.  1 mag patterned.  Black Speckle and Matte Clear Coat included.
If you want 1 scope/optic coated in color – special price $ 45.00
If you want 1 set of rings/mount coated in color – special price $ 30.00
Normal cost of this package: Rifle $ 350, Scope $75, Rings $55 "

anyways, Im thinking about having them do my 458 SOCOM. Im going to call them tomorrow.  The web site is

www.ripcustomarms.com

I will post pics when I get the gun back, hopefully turn around will be short seeing as they seem new.

Has anyone used them?? Im curious about there paint jobs, I really wana get my Ar dura coated just dont wana send it to LCW and this places prices seemed about right.

ETA: someone IM'd me for the phone number I forgot to add it, I had to copy all this from the flyer and I thought I had it, its  214-952-0755

Don't know about this place but I have seen the work of Pro Kote in McKinney. His work is very good.

I agree about Pro Kote. Pete does damn fine work at good price and his turnaround is very fast. I got my 1911 back in a few days.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=224531

Take a look.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top