Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:57:45 AM EDT
[#5]
<homer>Mmmm. Stripped lowers...</homer>

Given that the PCC is less than 5 minutes from the house, I'll probably be there. Depends on how the wife is feeling after yesterday's surgery.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Coz

What is the Pasadena show like. I have attended at George R. Brown, Reliant, and Conroe but have never made it to Pasadena.

I have only been in Houston for 5 years (Yankee) so I am still learning my way around. I live up in Spring and work at HP (Compaq) so I am on the North side most of the time.

I have recently jumped back into AR15 ownership and have dropped $1300 on a rilfe, $1600 on optics\mounts and $600 on ammo and supplies with Midway. I know what they mean about Black Rifle Disease!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#8]
the pasedena show imo is somewhat like the conroe show but better vendors, a bit bigger but still smells like old crap pulled from the basement

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the pasedena show imo is somewhat like the conroe show but better vendors, a bit bigger but still smells like old crap pulled from the basement

damn.  conroe must SUCK!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

damn.  conroe must SUCK!

+1
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The Real Gun Show in Pasadena at the Convention Center this weekend.

Will have the Green Monster there, marked down a bit.

Should have (Please help me UPS) Doublestar lowers and DPMS Lowers

Some LPK's.....

etc.

Come by and say Hidy to me and Ms. Coz! Coz_45Daughter and Swampthing may make appearances too.

wheres your table going to be? I'll be in the same spot
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:57:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:19:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What is the Pasadena show like. I have attended at George R. Brown, Reliant, and Conroe but have never made it to Pasadena.

I have only been in Houston for 5 years (Yankee) so I am still learning my way around. I live up in Spring and work at HP (Compaq) so I am on the North side most of the time.

I have recently jumped back into AR15 ownership and have dropped $1300 on a rilfe, $1600 on optics\mounts and $600 on ammo and supplies with Midway. I know what they mean about Black Rifle Disease!

Never been to the Conroe or Reliant shows, may need to check those out some time.

So where do you go shooting? I live in Kingwood and my favorite range, Lake Houston Gun Club, closed a few months ago so I've been making the drive out to American but I don't really care for them too much. I like the long range stuff, but the pistol range is Nazi. I've been going to Sportsman's on 1960 but they only have pistol ranges. Course they'll let you shoot whatever you want there, including a .50 BMG, which is nice of them. Let me know, we can go shooting some time.

You want BRD? I spent $1200 on PARTS to assemble my AR15, and that dosen't even include optics. Still, I'm nowhere near as bad as most of the people in the Build it Yourself forum.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#14]
coz,

Nice meeting you, too. Now I just have to decide what to do with the parts. I'm thinking straight A2 or a 6.5 Grendel for long range. Decisions, decisions. Maybe I should have gone for the 2 lowers after all. Then I could do both...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Good to see the family had you under control, Cos.

thr-thumper regaled us wth tales of his vicious Rottweiler!

You mean this guy?

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I shoot at Carter's Country on Treashwig just about every weekend. The longest range there is 100 yards so I have been trying to find another range or club nearby that has a longer range. I would join ASC since it is only $225 per year but it is close to an hour from where I live even using the beltway.

I could meet you some weekend at Sportman's or Carter's. I will email you late next week to see what we can arrange.

I have never built an AR but I have read a lot about it in arfcom and it sounds interesting. I owned a Colt Lightweight Sporter about 15 years ago but sold it when my ex wife lost her job. I bought an Armalite M15 A4 National Match in December and have put about 400 rounds through it so far. I use an Acog TA01 for 50 yards and a 10x42 Super Sniper for 100 yards. The rifle is far more accurate than I am and is capable of groups less than a 1/2 inch. I think my next purchase will be a 16" CAR A4 whenever I can get the cash together.

Look forward to meeting you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top