Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 6:02:14 PM EDT
The first day we worked on the basics of stance and moving and shooting

Here I am weaving in an out between the obstacles while blasting away.

Backing up through the obstacles while blasting away

Shooting a timed event where we take out all of the bad guys up close with pistols from the helo. The target is a steel plate that is 4in wide covered with t-shirts.

Once we had knocked down all of the close bad guys with the pistol we transitioned to a hot rifle with safety on and emptied a 30 round mag into our own target about 140 yards away

We then moved on to shooting at 200 and 300 yards. We also shot moving targets at 200 yards.

Sunday we did move, shoot, and communicate. In this excersise we had to cover our buddy while he advanced across the field behind the barricades.

This is the same place that TJ got to shoot paintballs at us while to reinforce value of cover.

This is one happy dude after taking the course

goup photo

I don't have a picture of it but we did the Baghdad 1000. This is where we hang out the passenger side of TJ's truck while he drives down the road along the 1K range. We start engaging  the bad guys lined up at various spots along the road. He is going about 10~15mph and I am just blasting away. I went through almost 4 30rd mags. I could not wipe that big 'ol shit eating grin off of my face. I later found out that I got 14 of the 18 targets and won the
event

TJ and Bret are fine hosts and put on a first class course that focuses on real world tatics. They have a fine facility and even better people. Thank you again for having us and hope to see you again soon.

If you want top notch training and a facility that offers it all TigerValley is the place for you

oh, I went through over 2000 rounds of 223. TJ will not short you on trigger time.

ETA group photo.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome, looks like a good class turn out.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

What was the most challenging event?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Awesome, looks like a good class turn out.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

What was the most challenging event?

physically, it was the squatting and shooting

mentally, it was the shoot move and communicate because of the necessity of situational awareness. The first couple of times through the shoot, move and communicate, we were very rough, but after the third time things were starting to click, at least for me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Glad you enjoyed the course, super64.  
 TJ and his associates at TV have always offered great classes at any level.

+1. Thanks for those pics and the reporting. Sounds like time and money very well spent.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:23:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet!  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Look at that smooth operator...

supersix4
Are you trying out for Texas SWAT...

cool pics

How much did that vest set you back?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I was curious about your vest as well. What type is it?

Do you know if anyone has ever used an FAL in one of those classes?

Thanks for posting. Looks like fun, now I want to do it.

Maybe later this year.

Be safe,

Flyer
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Look at that smooth operator...

supersix4
Are you trying out for Texas SWAT...

cool pics

How much did that vest set you back?

Texas SWAT...

I was the high drag low speed operator

The vest is a collection of pieces and parts, most from cheaperthandirt. The vest by itself was $20, I probably have $80 into it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top