Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 2:03:57 PM EDT
(3/25/06 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - A terrifying home invasion left a man dead in southeast Houston. But it's not the homeowner. It's an apparent criminal.

Police say late Friday night, a couple was just getting home on Flushing Meadow at Astoria when five masked men approached them and forced their way inside the house. The husband got into a struggle with one of the intruders, took his gun away, and shot him to death.

The four other men, claiming to be FBI agents, took off in a gray Chevy Impala. Right now, the search is on for those men.

Police say a similar incident happened a week ago in west Houston, when a homeowner killed a robber after wrestling his gun away from him.
(Copyright © 2006, KTRK-TV)
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=4023784

there has been allot of this police impersonating crap going down here lately. this is also the 2nd time in about a week a homeowner has taken a gun away from a bad guy and shot him. the 1st one

Home invader: 'I'm going to put you asleep'

06:23 PM CST on Monday, March 20, 2006

By Dan Lauck / 11 News

After hearing Bill Harvey's story you may ask yourself, "What would I do?"

Thanks to one man's heroic action during a home invasion, he saved the lives of his family, but it almost cost him his own.

The homeowner and shooting survivor relived his experience Monday about what happened Saturday night in the 2200 block of Woodland Park Drive.

"The kids were all low and ducked down here," recalled Harvey. "He had his gun drawn and he and I began exchanging fire."

Bill Harvey had read about stories like this. He had talked about them and talked about getting too comfortable in is west Houston neighborhood.

That's because nothing much ever happened there, until Saturday night when four men with guns noticed the van that was always out front. It advertised in Spanish his business, which specializes in shipping door-to-door in Honduras.

Door-to-door shipping is a cash business. Almost anyone from Central or South America would know that. And that's what drew them.

"They start talking in loud whisper, where's the money," Harvey said.

Harvey was face down on the kitchen floor with a gun to the back of his head. His assailant was soothing him, "Saying, I'm going to put you asleep in a minute. I'm going to put you asleep."

The man reached for some tie-wrap and Harvey went for the gun.

"And I take the gun and twist it out of his hand. And this is happening just like this," said Harvey snapping his fingers.

Harvey fired twice, point-blank, then came around the corner where his children were huddled on the floor.

"When I come around the corner, [another intruder] reaches up, shoots me."

Harvey fired back and hit him, "that's his blood there on the wall."

A third man came out of the back bedroom, wildly firing his automatic.

"I mean there was shooting everywhere," said Harvey, who later counted 21 bullet holes. They went through the walls and mirrors and pictures.

One ended up in his leg, another just missed his carotid artery. And then, he ran out of bullets.

"I clicked it several times. It was all I could do," said Harvey. "I thought I was going to die."

Instead, the last of them ran leaving one dead and two injured.

And their score? A watch, a ring and one cell phone.
http://www.khou.com/news/local/crime/stories/khou060320_jt_woodland_attack.44c843ef.html

and people think i am nuts for answering the door with a gun in hand!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#1]
crook is dead?
GOOD!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Good moving on the homeowner's part.  Glad his family was not hurt.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]
"Home invasion suspect" ???  Doesn't sound too suspect to me.  Great news, a few more bad guys get what they deserve.  If more of these violent home invaders are shot dead and the shootings are supported by the DA's, maybe these clowns just might decide to cut down on this sort of behaviour.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top