Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 1:29:59 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me about a gun store/ training facility/ shooting range, in or about the Huntsville area? A freind of mine told me about it and I was wondering where it may be.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Able ammo?able glass  has a gun shop (across the street from tractor supply)
Wal-mart
there is a guy that has a gun shop in the back of his house( nice old guy )
Shooting range 15 miles or so west on HW 30. ( on left Grey Building )
madisonville has a private shooting range( need membership )
gun shop in madisonville (45N exit madisonville go L  a few miles down will be on your right
there are a few down 45 in conroe
HPD has a range ( you can't shoot there unless you get an invite )
One of the prison units has a range ( you need to work for them )
SHSU ROTC has a range ( join them and you can shoot )
Most of the pawn shops sell beat up old guns for more than you can get a new one !

Thats all I can think of in/ around Hunts-villa

Invisiblesoul

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have worked in Huntsville for 13 years and lived there for five as far as gunshops there is not any to speak of except for Able Ammo. All they have are the high end Kimbers and other brands. The pawn shops want more for a beat up used gun than you can buy it for new. As far as shooting Ranges the other posted covered it.
DRJ
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info fellas. The place I was told about is operated out of a big ass house( "Mansion") as was told to me. This person is suppose to train civilian's in explosives ie. demolition company's and such, nothing illegal I'm sure. It is suppose to be like 30 miles outside of Huntsville if that helps. We are going to go and check it out next weekend so hopefully it existes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#4]
That would be the place I mentioned. It is 15-20 miles West on HW 30.
It will be on your Left side, Its a big grey house, the bottom floor is a pistol range and they have a rifle range out back. As far as demo/ explosives I have no idea.

I can't think of the name but it is like 3 letters ( not sure what 3 letters ) shooting range

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:27:54 AM EDT
[#5]
The place out west on 30 was called Lion Star but now I think it's call ATC. It is about 14 miles west on highway 30. I believe they also do corp security and other stuff like that. I drive by the place twice aday I will try to get the number and post it here for you.
DRJ
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is there web address WWW.LIONSTAR.US this should get you all the info you should need.
DRJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top