Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 11:25:32 PM EDT
So I am finally getting around to obtaining my CHL.  This range is closer to my home than most.  My other choice is DFW Gun Range off mockingbird.  Are these ranges any good.  Does anyone have any experience with them or any comments heard?  Thanks for the info.

Charlie
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:29:18 AM EDT
[#1]
DFW's okay.  That's where we do all of our training for work.  I also did my CHL renewal there last year.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:06:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I went to the gun range in Duncanville. Not bad at all.

Kind a a cranky old guy that owns the place...don't fall down when you see the prices on firearms.

I was warned by some other shooters not to use their gunsmith tho'.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:07:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Where is this Duncanville range at?  Maybe I can get some lunchtime shooting in :)

ETA:  Nevermind, I found their web site.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been to their range.  It was nice.  

I'm very close to this range, about 5 minutes or so.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I will head over there during lunch sometime next week and try it out.  Not too far from my work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I liked it better when it was Ben's.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I just took my CHL course at the Academy for Firearms Training in Grand Prairie.  I enjoyed the class. My instructor was Ray Allen, who recently retired from the state legislature. He served on the committee, that that passed the CHL bill, back in 1995. I got a lot of interesting and informative info out of this course.  Ray had many anecdotes and "inside stuff", that you my not get elsewhere. However, I don’t think he regularly teaches this course. The main instructor was out of town. Anyway, I was very happy with this course and it really went by fast. The people there are pleasant and were very helpful and friendly.  
Their web page is: http://www.chltraining.com/index.html
Price is $125, everything included.
I have been to the indoor range in Duncanville. It was fine, I have no problem with them. Dont know anything about their CHL course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top