just like it says

The Tavern on West Gray

Broke backers only.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#2]
tim, your so brokeback
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:30:37 AM EDT
[#3]

ETA: and I'm not making this one, guys. way too much work to do.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:18:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Lots of stuff to drop-test?  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:21:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lots of stuff to drop-test?  

no more like two exams coming up that are eating at my brain and my patience...... I'll be glad when spring break starts.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:27:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:27:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:21:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I may actually show up....

Depends on a guy coming by the shop and what time...

By the way, Photokirk...the shingles SUCK!  Did yours get caused by stress?

I don't know what caused mine.  I DO know that Oxycodone is some mighty powerful stuff though. Ask for Lycira as well, it's a nerve-specific painkiller that helps a lot.  Also, Go to HEB and get Lysine cream.  It helps kill the virus.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:31:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
just like it says

The Tavern on West Gray

What time?  6:30 ?

I may be there around 7:30
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:00:33 AM EDT
[#11]
yes....6:30
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:51:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I may actually show up....

Depends on a guy coming by the shop and what time...

By the way, Photokirk...the shingles SUCK!  Did yours get caused by stress?

I don't know what caused mine.  I DO know that Oxycodone is some mighty powerful stuff though. Ask for Lycira as well, it's a nerve-specific painkiller that helps a lot.  Also, Go to HEB and get Lysine cream.  It helps kill the virus.  

My Doc said I was too far down the road to treat them, so I got nada for meds..he said that they would run their course. I may do the Lysine thing.

He also mentioned something about working myself to death.....

No painkillers at all?  Damn, I couldn't sleep without them.  It hurt like hell.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:00:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Keith N., You going to make it tonight? I tried calling you earlier but couldn't get through.

Howard
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Keith N., You going to make it tonight? I tried calling you earlier but couldn't get through.

Howard

Getting through on the first try, good luck.  Better odds to go buy yourself a lotto ticket!!  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I won!  Keith gave me a call back. See you guys tonight.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Howard

Getting through on the first try, good luck.  Better odds to go buy yourself a lotto ticket!!  

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#17]
So I gotta ask.

Why meet someplace you can't legally be armed?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:40:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So I gotta ask.

beer and whiskey.
to balance it out we also meet at the gun range.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:31:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Looks like I wont be attending last night. Stuck on surveillance until 11:30 PM.

Slumlord, I finally have a toy fer ya...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
So I gotta ask.

The same reason that everyone else in the world goes to a bar. To have a drink.  Some of us like to crawl out from our cave from time to time.  

I guess you would also advocate that attending university, church, a baseball game, etc  is a bad idea since you can't legally be armed there as well.  GIve me a f@#king break.

UH Sammy
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So I gotta ask.

guns, we don't need no stinking guns, the h-town crew is scary enouph
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So I gotta ask.

guns, we don't need no stinking guns, the h-town crew is scary enouph

Yeah, we've still got knives, sharp sticks, foul language, and good old-fashioned Southern cussedness.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#24]
yes yes.....most of our manners are so bad that they could kill someone
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So I gotta ask.

he
I guess you would also advocate that attending university, church, a baseball game, etc  is a bad idea since you can't legally be armed there as well.  GIve me a f@#king break.

UH Sammy

WTF church do you go to?  Unless they post, it's perfectly legal.
I'd just break the law to go to collage.  Have you ever been to UofH or UT?  A&M might be worthy unarmed I suppose.

And yeah, giving up effective tools for protection is a pretty damn dumb idea.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

They do have a point dude, Alcohol and firearms inst a good mix unless you work for the ATF.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe you should go to "collage" and take a spelling class.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So I gotta ask.

The same reason that everyone else in the world goes to a bar. To have a drink.  Some of us like to crawl out from our cave from time to time.  

UH Sammy

WTF church do you go to?  Unless they post, it's perfectly legal.
I'd just break the law to go to collage.  Have you ever been to UofH or UT?  A&M might be worthy unarmed I suppose.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
So I gotta ask.

Because I am armed with two 17" guns on me everywhere I go girly man!  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So I gotta ask.

Because I am armed with two 17" guns on me everywhere I go girly man!  

Are you measuring cubic area again?  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#30]
You must not have seen me lately... I been drinking milk and it does a body good fool!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They do have a point dude, Alcohol and firearms inst a good mix unless you work for the ATF.

Who said I drank?

It's not illegal to carry in Benigans, and yet folks drink there.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Maybe you should go to "collage" and take a spelling class.  hr

Laugh.  Another classic response.  That's awesomeYep, my spelling totally destroys the idea behind my post.  My bad.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
You must not have seen me lately... I been drinking milk and it does a body good fool!

i noticed at the last Tuesday night your arms were a little swollen.
Have you been roiding out?  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:47:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i noticed at the last Tuesday night your arms were a little swollen.
Have you been roiding out?  
static.flickr.com/5/7916193_e54482c118.jpg

No roids but I have been taking a weightlifting class at school.  I had not done any exercise or anytihgn in the last year so I been artificially skinny.  That is synthol abuse above, not just roids BTW.  That dude is a freaking moron.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#35]
one of the reasons I'm glad I'm out of "collage".

it's illegal to even have it in your car while on campus.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

That is synthol abuse above, not just roids BTW.  That dude is a freaking moron.

WTF is synthol?

Dats one I ain't heard of yet
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is synthol abuse above, not just roids BTW.  That dude is a freaking moron.

WTF is synthol?

Dats one I ain't heard of yet

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ronharris8.htm

About halfway down the page.

The genesis of Synthol was an Italian steroid called Esiclene that was quite popular in the 1980's. For those unfamiliar with Esiclene, it was not used for lasting mass gains but instead immediately before a contest as a quick fix for visually weak body parts. Acting primarily as a muscle inflammatory agent, competitors injected it directly into the calves, arms, or shoulders for a bit of extra size and fullness in whichever of these smaller muscle groups were lagging. The effect was fleeting, but the drug served its purpose.

In the early 90's, a German named Chris Clark began to tinker with the idea of an injectable substance that would yield more lasting gains in size. He came up with a formulation initially named Synthol, which he later learned was already a registered and trademarked pharmaceutical name. Clark quickly renamed his product Pump N' Pose, but the first name stuck. Now, the word Synthol is as much a part of the hardcore bodybuilding lexicon as Dianabol or Deca. Clark hit upon a gold mine, as there were thousands of steroid-using bodybuilders who were dissatisfied with the size of their arms, delts, and calves. Let's face it, few have the genetics to build an upper arm of twenty inches or more in lean condition, even with a boatload of anabolics and the most brutal training regimens imaginable.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Not true at all.  Your car is your own property and is a seperate distinct area from the campus.  You may not remove it from your car however.  This change in the law was made a couple years back so parents could drop their children off at school who had CHL.  This also applies to college and any other place you take your car.  Your car is YOUR CAR and not where it is parked as far as its location.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:51:48 AM EDT
[#39]
unless the school is using the parking lot for an event.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not true at all.  Your car is your own property and is a seperate distinct area from the campus.  You may not remove it from your car however.  This change in the law was made a couple years back so parents could drop their children off at school who had CHL.  This also applies to college and any other place you take your car.  Your car is YOUR CAR and not where it is parked as far as its location.

that's good to know, although I'm gone now anyway.  I didn't have a CHL while there, so I only carried rifles in the trunk if I carried anything.  I was under the impression, when I moved into the dorms and read the campus rules, that it said no firearms of any kind can ever be brought on campus.  since I saw the parking lots were owned by the school it was illegal from what I read/understood.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#41]
While I was a student at UH, students were arrested with regularity for having rifles in their car.  THat was back in the early and mid 90's.  Someone would walk by a car, see a rifle setting in the seat, and call campus police.  You get arrested when you come to pick up your car.  I was under the impression that you are ok with your CHL pistol in the car, but rifles were a no-no.  

UH Sammy
"Collage" Graduate
UH Class of 97

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's good to know, although I'm gone now anyway.  I didn't have a CHL while there, so I only carried rifles in the trunk if I carried anything.  I was under the impression, when I moved into the dorms and read the campus rules, that it said no firearms of any kind can ever be brought on campus.  since I saw the parking lots were owned by the school it was illegal from what I read/understood.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
one of the reasons I'm glad I'm out of "collage". have

It's not illegal per Texas law to have a firearm in the parking lot.  It's prolly against the rules of the university.

There's the nice Federal 1000 foot law, but that makes it illegal to travel for the most part with a firearm.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
While I was a student at UH, students were arrested with regularity for having rifles in their car.  THat was back in the early and mid 90's.  Someone would walk by a car, see a rifle setting in the seat, and call campus police.  You get arrested when you come to pick up your car.  I was under the impression that you are ok with your CHL pistol in the car, but rifles were a no-no.  

UH Sammy
"Collage" Graduate
UH Class of 97

Hmm.  I forget about campus LEO's.

Texas CHL law doesn't effect any of the laws covering long guns that i know of.

Do you have an idea of where did the arrested folks ended up?  Maybe where they went to court?  Under what charges?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't what happened to those people in the end. I do know that the UH police are true police, just like HPD or a sheriff.  I am sure that if you called the UH Police Department, they could explain to you what the rules are, and which ones are state laws and which ones are campus policy.

Quoted:

Quoted:

UH Sammy
"Collage" Graduate
UH Class of 97

Hmm.  I forget about campus LEO's.

Texas CHL law doesn't effect any of the laws covering long guns that i know of.

Do you have an idea of where did the arrested folks ended up?  Maybe where they went to court?  Under what charges?

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not illegal per Texas law to have a firearm in the parking lot.  It's prolly against the rules of the university.

There's the nice Federal 1000 foot law, but that makes it illegal to travel for the most part with a firearm.

I thought the 1000' thing was declared unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#46]
first post.  just checking to see how it works
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
first post.  just checking to see how it works

k, welcome to the board
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
one of the reasons I'm glad I'm out of "collage". have

I thought the 1000' thing was declared unconstitutional.

The original Gun Free School Zones act was.
Then Congress passed the same basic law again in 96.
http://www.gunlaws.com/Gun_Free_School_Zones_Nx1.htm
It's disturbing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top