Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 11:07:19 AM EDT
So who is going?  At the least, I expect JasonDCrum, FALARAK, Mojo, Frisco, RenegadeX, SigZiggy, DPeacher, Timanator, to be there.  Load your ammo, check your gear, and show up.

Here are a sample of some of the targets TJ made for us

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=224502

Match Details

================== COURSE OF FIRE ==================
Tiger Valley Precision Rifle Match

Stage #1 Rolling Thunder
Shooter starts at the 800-yard line with a clear weapon. On the command, shooter loads and fires 5 rounds at target in the pits. After time expires, shooter stands with a clear weapon. On the command to move, shooter moves to the 600-yard line. On the line, shooter fires 5 rounds into target. Shooter then moves to the 500-yard line and engages target with 5 rounds. On command, shooter moves to the 300-yard line and fires 5 rounds. Shooter follows it up at the 200-yard line. Shooter will fire 25 rounds at a B-27 target for record. The X breaks ties. Time between firing points will be announced at match.
20 shooters at one time
250 point max

Stage #2 In the Wire
Shooter will move to tower and engage 10 targets from 25 – 700 yards, all UKD.
10 points first shot hit
5 points second shot hit
points/time

Stage #3 Palma
Shooters are prone at the 1000-yard line. Targets will face from pits and shooter will have 10 minutes to fire 20 shots for record on a Palma target.
200 points max; X breaks the ties

Stage #4 Black Hawk Down
Shooter starts in the helicopter. On the timer, shooter engages the long-range targets with rifle. When all steel rifle targets are down, shooter engages man-size steel with pistol. All steel must be down and shooter can’t leave the bird.
8 rifle
8-pistol
points/time

Stage #5 GI Joe
Shooter and spotter start in prone position facing targets at 100 yards. Spotter is given directions to pass to shooter. Shooter must hit designated target. Time limit of 15 seconds per target from ID time until target is neutralized.
10 targets; 10 points first shot hit, 5 points second shot hit

Stage #6 Scoot and Shoot
Shooters start at the 600-yard line. Weapons are pre-positioned unloaded. When targets face, shooters will retrieve ammo, in a covert position, and move to weapon and load and fire 5 rounds. When 5 rounds are fired, shooters will again move to ammo and do same for a total of 25 rounds. Times to be announced.
B-27 target
250 points, X breaks tie

Stage #7 Trigger Control
Shooter starts with rifle slung and pistol holstered. On timer, shooter draws pistol and engages 10 pistol targets. Shooter then holsters pistol and un-slings rifle. Shooter must drop 15 rifle targets at various distances, from standing, kneeling, sitting, and prone.
150 points/time
targets (skeet)

Stage #8 Stinky
Shooter starts in the prone position with 4 rounds in the weapon. On the timer, shooter will fire at targets with 8 rounds. However, shooter will be wearing a gas mask during all shooting. Masks will be provided for those who do not have one.
80 points/time

Tiger Valley tries to use life-size, or reactionary targets, where ever possible.
The hand gun targets have a 4"x18" center drop zone. The targets have pants and shirt over them. The UKD targets will be life-size targets with a center hit zone of steel.

Times, movements and other issues will be discussed at the shooter meeting before the match begins.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I am broke like a joke, but I will be there.  Camping overnight?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#3]
There are now 10 stages, 15 more rifle shots. Bring plenty of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:29:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Have my kids this weekend, otherwise, it would be a blast.

Hope you guys have fun, try to take some pics for us.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry guys I'm out of town.

My schedule is so busy I usually need like 4-6 months of lead time to plan a weekend shoot.

D
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My schedule is so busy I usually need like 4-6 months of lead time to plan a weekend shoot.
D

That aint no way to live.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Tell me about it......I finish up my Masters degree this spring so, in theory, things might settle down.......maybe.........probably not...........now that I think about I sure they wont...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#8]
This was an awesome match... for those who missed it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Details?  Pics?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Details?  Pics?

what he said.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top