Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 7:05:14 PM EDT
Ok, I'll admit I'm some what new to the wonderful world of firearms but I've been bitten by the bug of collecting and shooting. I was looking at AIMsurplus and several of the rifles caught my eye and I was wondering how I would go about ordering from them. I see on their website that they require for a FFL to be on file before an order can be placed. My question is does anyone know of a FFL holder near Plano who has done business with AIM in the past? Failing that, could I get the signed FFL copy faxed into AIM, order what I wish and then have it sent to the gun store or must the FFL holder do it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ok, I'll admit I'm some what new to the wonderful world of firearms but I've been bitten by the bug of collecting and shooting. I was looking at AIMsurplus and several of the rifles caught my eye and I was wondering how I would go about ordering from them. I see on their website that they require for a FFL to be on file before an order can be placed. My question is does anyone know of a FFL holder near Plano who has done business with AIM in the past? Failing that, could I get the signed FFL copy faxed into AIM, order what I wish and then have it sent to the gun store or must the FFL holder do it?

AIM Surplus is actually one of the more popular places people get stuff from.  Best bet is to call AIM and ask for FFLs they have on file for your area.  Chances are they will have 2 or 3.  Most of the time you can order it yourself, and notify your local FFL that it is coming....some would like you to come in and fill out a form that will have your contact info, what you ordered and from who.

mm
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!

I guess I should have thought to call AIM myself.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:02:06 AM EDT
[#3]
where are you located in tx?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:16:16 AM EDT
[#4]
AIM carries both modern and collectible weapons.  If you are interested in collectible weapons, you can get your own FFL (called a Curio & Relic FFL) by applying for one from the ATF.  It takes $30, one form, and about a 6 week wait.  Then you can fax them your own FFL and order as many Mosin-Nagants, Mausers, etc that you want.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:42:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
where are you located in tx?

DFW area

Quoted:
AIM carries both modern and collectible weapons.  If you are interested in collectible weapons, you can get your own FFL (called a Curio & Relic FFL) by applying for one from the ATF.  It takes $30, one form, and about a 6 week wait.  Then you can fax them your own FFL and order as many Mosin-Nagants, Mausers, etc that you want.

Hmm, I think I'll look into this, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:14:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmm, I think I'll look into this, thanks.

Most everything you need to know right here:

The C&R Forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top