Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 1:09:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
ma man!

Did they scope you?

take your meds.  you don't want to know what happens if you get an infection.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh man, I feel for ya.

I got them about 9 months ago.

I know two strong grown men (one my father) that where reduced to crying, rolling on the flow babies over 'em.

God, I hope I never get 'em again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear if you drink lots of Shiner Bock, it will dissolve and your woes will be gone.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:29:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh yeah, I had stones on my right side in November.  They blasted them twice.  The biggest one was 7.2mm.  No way to pee that big sucker out.  I would not wish kidney stones on my worst enemy  after what I went through.  Nothing is worse then Lying in bed srceaming into your pillow because of pain.  Lots of vicodines!
Good Luck  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh hell yeah!  I've had 2 inteh right, one in the left.  Never experience taht much pain in my life.

My wife was wondering why I was rolling on the bathroom floor trying to not puke from the pain.

Thankfully mine were able to pass and get on out.  I can't imagine having to go get them blasted to get them out.

More water / beer... less Soda!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had them for 6 years now.  I suffered my last attack in December, and my God, it was HORRIBLE!  3 Morphine shots later I was feelin' JUST fine  I would rather give birth to sextuplets without any drugs then have another kidney stone attack!!!  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've had them for 6 years now.  I suffered my last attack in December, and my God, it was HORRIBLE!  3 Morphine shots later I was feelin' JUST fine  I would rather give birth to sextuplets without any drugs then have another kidney stone attack!!!  

wife had kidney stones and just has our first kid....pretty sure she would rather have more babies than kidneys stones.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Lithotripsy is a wonderful thing.  Have it done if at all possible.  Stones are evil.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

just about every time i go to the ER for mine they give me a placebo while they fire up the CT so i hang out for about 30 minutes while they see if i am faking.  Just for fun they do a couple BPs and it's running about 140 over 120 they hit me with nitro.  Usually i don't notice the migraine but they don’t seem to notice I am not noticing so I guess we are even.  Call it professional courtesy.  Then they tell me to lie still while they see the stone with the CT.  Then the doc comes in and give me something to "take the edge off".  What ever they give you is never enough.  You know look at the patient’s weight and see what is says on the chart and divide by two.  So after two or three real deals I am not hurting and they ship me home with a scrip for vicodin and I am told to drink a lot of water and cranberry juice.  

Oh yea.

hey if you want to try it just take a white hot sewing needle and jamb it into your spine.
then stick a scalding hot glue gun up your unit and pump it full.  wait 4 hrs while they push fluids and then piss your brains out thru the burnt tube.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Kidney stones?  I wouldn't wish that on a broke dick dog.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I started getting kidney stones about 10 or 15 years ago. Recently I had a rash of those little bastards and over a period of 3 years passed more then 12 (stopped counting after that) bastards. Now I've got a good Doc that keeps me well stocked up on painkillers for when SHTF. Last CT I had showed several stones in each kidney. Something to  look forward to eh?
BTW...I've been told that kidney stone pain is comparable to a gunshot wound. I don't know, never been shot, But! I've been that groen man curled up in a ball on the ER floor more then once.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Worst damn pain I have ever experienced, including hurt ribs... Either way, I found it hard to breath.

I actually used my wifes birth-class breathing exercises with stones....evil....
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:29:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Been there and done that. I got one once on New Years Day. It took only an hour from mild ache (take 2 asprin) to balled up on the floor. My pain was so strong I couldn't even tell where it was coming from. I took some pain killers and barely touched the pain. Then I had to wait for my head to quit spinning from the pain killers so I could drive myself to the doctor. After the wife dressed me, I finally made it to the closest doctor's office open (one of those Prima Care centers). New Years Day and I am the only one in there and yet I had to wait an hour. By this time I am ready to kill some one for making me wait so long.

Then all of a sudden the pain was gone in less than 5 minutes. Now I am think I am ok, do I go home and save the money? I decided to stay once I thought about how bad I was hurting and didn't know why. Last thing I wanted was that pain to come back. Had to pee in a cup and I am thinking what does peeing in a cup have to do with my pain? The doctor told me I had a kidney stone and it had passed, that is why the pain stopped. Now I just had to pass it out of my bladder. I never saw the stone but for the next two weeks I felt like I had to pee every 10 minutes until the stone passed.

I hope that was my "once in a life time" experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top