Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 9:21:14 AM EDT
I'm not talking about Papa John's or Pissa Hut or CiCi's or any of these slime on a shingle joints. I'm talking about a Pizza Pie. I'm talking about a pizza where the crust is not a cracker, where the cheese is laid on thick and where the sauce didn't come from a can labeled Ragu. I'm not interested in no Chicken Alfredo pizza or no Barbaque pizza or some fancy schmancy margarita pizza. I need a pizza with the original toppings: Cheese and Pepperoni.

One thing that actually do miss about Michigan was Buddy's Pizza.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#1]
like deep dish "Chicago style" or normal sized crust?

BJ's is pretty decent on deep dish Chicago style...

Another good place is in the Richardson Square mall-- small italian fast-food place, HUGE slices of pizza... the stuffed pizza is good.

Market Street has decent pizza, lots of toppings, and lots of cheese...

Carmine's is decent, but its NY style... I haven't been there in years though...

Another that's decent is Brooklyn's, there's one in Plano and in McKinney...

There used to be some places on Beltline (Old Chicago? Numer Uno, etc.)
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#2]
There's this place called Brother's which is at Forest and Abrams. Some of the best pie I've ever had (and I like to think of myself as a pie connoisseur). Campisi's on Lover's Ln. is good too - much better than the one on Mockingbird.

I pretty much stay away from the PizzaInn/Hut/Dominos of the world.

Life's too short for bad pizza....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Genti's on Swisher Av in Lake Dallas (up 35E) has a good pie, and Joe's on FM 407 in Lewisville.

I realise that this probable isn't too close to you...but I'll enjoy it for you once a week or so.

ka
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
http://thatchicagoplace.com/
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/askani79705/pizza.jpg
2712 Brown Trail
Bedford, TX  
3/4 Mile North of Airport Freeway 183/121 on Brown Trail, 2 blocks South of Harwood, in Bedford.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
http://thatchicagoplace.com/
i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/askani79705/pizza.jpg
2712 Brown Trail
Bedford, TX  
3/4 Mile North of Airport Freeway 183/121 on Brown Trail, 2 blocks South of Harwood, in Bedford.

how much for that!?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm not talking about Papa John's or Pissa Hut or CiCi's or any of these slime on a shingle joints. I'm talking about a Pizza Pie. I'm talking about a pizza where the crust is not a cracker, where the cheese is laid on thick and where the sauce didn't come from a can labeled Ragu. I'm not interested in no Chicken Alfredo pizza or no Barbaque pizza or some fancy schmancy margarita pizza. I need a pizza with the original toppings: Cheese and Pepperoni.

One thing that actually do miss about Michigan was Buddy's Pizza.

Um, margherita is original toppings. . .

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#9]
This one is easy for NY Yankee like myself. Pastazios in Addison, or Joe's in Plano. Now if they would only build a White Castle closer than Nashville....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Sal's    (HAHAHA!!)   j/k

I dare you to try Sal's.....go ahead....and be sure to give us a report....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This one is easy for NY Yankee like myself. Pastazios in Addison, or Joe's in Plano. Now if they would only build a White Castle closer than Nashville....

Cool, my temp gig is in Addison and I live in Plano. Gonna have to try them puppies out. What streets are they exactly on???

One block east of the blue thing, south side. Not sure of the street name.

http://www.pastazios.com/

Joes is NW corner on Parker, just west of tollway (Where the Academy is).

Generally speaking, anyplace that gets its ingredients from Roma or Lisanti is going to be good. I can find good pizza on any continent, anytime-

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Mr. Jim's "Sticky Fingers", when done properly, is the pizza to end all pizzas.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:51:32 AM EDT
[#14]
THere ain't none in Dallas.  Got to go to Ohio for great pizza.  Either Massey's or Donatos.

TXL
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:43:27 AM EDT
[#15]
where to find good pizza?
HAHAHAHAHA!
go to either NJ or NY... there is good pizza.

but a suitable replacement is NYPDs near the junction of 183 and 157 south
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Can't believe no one hasn't said the Tomato up in Denton.

Pizza PIES 3 - 5" thick.  Wonderful food.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Jim's Pizza in McKinney.  This is not Mr. Jim's or any other "plastic" pizza.  Jim's has been in McKinney since 1969, and it's the best, I said BEST I've ever had.  The crust is thin, light, and crispy topped with any or all traditional toppings.  He also has an All You Can Eat buffet every evening.  He's located on Hwy. 380(North side) between U.S. 75 and Hwy. 5(McDonald St.).
     Jim's Pizza
     208 W. University(Hwy. 380)
     McKinney
     972-542-1293

Peace,
           Dragonfire52
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#18]
On the west side of DFW.

We like a little hole in the wall place in Arlington called Milano's.  Arkansas and Park Springs.
I think they have 6 or 7 tables.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
On the west side of DFW.

We like a little hole in the wall place in Arlington called Milano's.  Arkansas and Park Springs.
I think they have 6 or 7 tables.

Isn't Arlington in the MIDDLE of DFW???
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Can't believe no one hasn't said the Tomato up in Denton.

Pizza PIES 3 - 5" thick.  Wonderful food.  

the place was called "The Flying Tomato" back when I was in high school.   Have not eaten there since the late '80's     I've heard that when the name changed, so did the qulity of the pizza. Maybe I should drop back by and give it a try.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Stromboli here in downtown Dallas or Cafe Nostra both have thick gooey pizza.  IF your feeling better, we can hit it up this weekend or post IDPA sometime.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Ummm, I hope you realize deep dish isnt real pizza......Carmines is a good bet in Dallaqs....
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:39:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Geez...don't you ever get tired of that stuff?

I'll second NYPD at 183 and 157. Use to give our free beer (limit 2) Fri-Sun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:40:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

mikejohnson

Geez...don't you ever get tired of that stuff?

I'll second NYPD at 183 and 157. Use to give our free beer (limit 2) Fri-Sun.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:47:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Brothers - Meadows, just west of 75 or the one on Montfort just north of 635.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:09:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

the place was called "The Flying Tomato" back when I was in high school.   Have not eaten there since the late '80's     I've heard that when the name changed, so did the qulity of the pizza. Maybe I should drop back by and give it a try.

It's been a while for myself also.

My buddy was a UNT student for a while and we would go up there to the Tomato.  It may still be the flying tomato, I don't remember.

Worth a try anyhow.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#28]
There's a place in West Ft. Worth called Perrotti's that I just got introduced to.  It was pretty damn good.  Also, in Ft. Worth near TCU "Mama's Pizza" is real good.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
There's this place called Brother's which is at Forest and Abrams. Some of the best pie I've ever had (and I like to think of myself as a pie connoisseur). Campisi's on Lover's Ln. is good too - much better than the one on Mockingbird.

I pretty much stay away from the PizzaInn/Hut/Dominos of the world.

Life's too short for bad pizza....

lol -I got on here to post about Brothers at Forest and Abrams. I grew up about 3 miles away, just north of Richland Junior College. They have a Brothers in Carrollton, same owners, Whitlock and 35- stop there if you go to Doc's gunshop.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I think they have a Brother's in McKinney.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I may not be a "critic" of pizza's but there is a small place called Nitza pizza on cooper just south of UTA   owned b brothers moved here from NY  they have stuffed pizzas and pizza by the slice  thin and thick   great stuff
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:35:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I may not be a "critic" of pizza's but there is a small place called Nitza pizza on cooper just south of UTA   owned b brothers moved here from NY  they have stuffed pizzas and pizza by the slice  thin and thick   great stuff

I got to try that out!
thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:13:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Corky's Brick Oven Pizza in Arlington.  It's in the shopping center between I20 and 287 on Little Road, behind Cheddars.  This guy is from Connecticut, he retired and sold his Pizza place there and just HAD to start up again after a few years here.  Fuggin awsome!! Cool guy too.  Odd hours sometimes though, so if you travel a ways call first...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top