Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 7:43:49 PM EDT
I left a response, you should too!!!!!!!  

blogs.chron.com/gunblog/archives/2006/02/we_really_dont.html
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#1]
They arent getting mine.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
They gave that clueless fucktard a blog???

That idiot has been writing letters to the editor for years.  He used to send a steady stream of bullshit to the Post when it was open.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Some times I think its more than that

+1 on being a fucktard

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:48:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I left a response, you should too!!!!!!!  

blogs.chron.com/gunblog/archives/2006/02/we_really_dont.html

Sounds like a slow news day to me.  This guy sounds like he did no research on this subject, which is common in things like this.  These people just sit down and the bullshit flows from the keyboard.  I'll leave him a comment when I calm down a little.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:17:33 AM EDT
[#5]
ok, added mine.
as soon as he approves what i had to say that is  .
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#6]
So who is that moron?  Sounds like another Kali transplant trying to "improve" our state.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#7]
left my own comment,

HK yours is up just so ya know
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Added my 2 cents...I'm guessing this guy's never fired a gun.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Keep up the good work!!!!!!  

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So who is that moron?  Sounds like another Kali transplant trying to "improve" our state.

But I am a Kali transplant... and I just bought a Barrett M99 .50 BMG 3 months ago.  So there is 1 former PRK'er that escaped to the good life in Texas ...  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:55:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I loved this comment from a reader:

"I don't know much about guns, but these look like assault weapons."

the irony in that statement is comical.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I am a Kali transplant... and I just bought a Barrett M99 .50 BMG 3 months ago.  So there is 1 former PRK'er that escaped to the good life in Texas ...  hr

That's what we need.  Good folks coming here that can appreciate our state.  Can't stand folks that move here and try to make it like where they came from.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#13]
My comments:

1st, we banned Machineguns, which were never really used in crimes anyway since the 1920s.  The crime rate didn't change

2nd:  We banned ALL handguns in Washington DC and Chicago thinking we, the citizens, would be safer and crime would decrease.  The opposite happened.  These are two of the most unsafe cities in the world.

3rd:  We banned "Assault Weapons":  Which, once again, looked mean and nasty and evil, but were never really used in crimes anyway.  The crime rate wasn't affected.

4th:  San Francisco banned ALL guns:  Again, the crime rate hasn't been affected.

5th:  England banned all firearms:  Firearms crimes have skyrocketed.  Now Scotland wants to ban knives and swords.

6th:  Australia banned all handguns and semi-automatic rifles.  The crime rate skyrocketed.  Now they have banned swords and want to register knives.

7th:  Concealed carry laws have been passed in most states of this great union:  The antigun liberal argued that crime would skyrocket and we would see wild west type shootouts.  Crime actually decreased and no wild west style shootouts have occurred.  

8th:  The assault weapon ban ended in September 2004, again the anti-gun liberal proclaimed carnage in the streets and skyrocketing crime.  The reality is that nothing bad came of it.

With the above examples:  Why does anyone think that tighter restrictions on firearms and banning of .50 cal firearms would make us safer?

What is next?  Are we going to ban rifles that are larger than a .22 rim fire?  Lets face it- more peole have been kiled with .22 cal rifles than any other caliber of weapon.

If we do that, when do the anti-gun liberals ban the .22?

Lets tie in a sacred cow of the liberal left- Abortion (it’s the same concept concerning government interference in the citizen’s lives) .   I'll make this deal with the liberal anti-gun people:  You keep the government's hands off my firearms and I'll keep the government's hands out of your wombs!

Just some food for thought.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Letss see if they will print that one.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#15]
hell no they won't print that! they can't stand the truth!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Funny- my post just got bounced back to me as undelvierable
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Very good points .... ALL of them ! ! !

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Funny- my post just got bounced back to me as undelvierable

Sean,

I thought the same thing as I immediately go the bounce back also.  But, it made it to the board, so thebounceback does not really mean anything.  

Now, all the valid points you make do mean something, so it will probably get censored, but lets wait and see.  

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#19]
and some people wonder why i told the houston chronicle lib rag to cancel my subscription a long time ago.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Who made the post that kept saying "thier" ?

lol.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
My comments:

1st, we banned Machineguns, which were never really used in crimes anyway since the 1920s.  The crime rate didn't change

2nd:  We banned ALL handguns in Washington DC and Chicago thinking we, the citizens, would be safer and crime would decrease.  The opposite happened.  These are two of the most unsafe cities in the world.

3rd:  We banned "Assault Weapons":  Which, once again, looked mean and nasty and evil, but were never really used in crimes anyway.  The crime rate wasn't affected.

More like flash hiders and bayo lugs were banned.

4th:  San Francisco banned ALL guns:  Again, the crime rate hasn't been affected.

I think they only banned handguns, not all guns.

5th:  England banned all firearms:  Firearms crimes have skyrocketed.  Now Scotland wants to ban knives and swords.

Guns can still be bought but with crazy restrictions, I think the minimum barrel length is something like 24", there's some guys on here with British legal AR15's that are bolt action only.

6th:  Australia banned all handguns and semi-automatic rifles.  The crime rate skyrocketed.  Now they have banned swords and want to register knives.

7th:  Concealed carry laws have been passed in most states of this great union:  The antigun liberal argued that crime would skyrocket and we would see wild west type shootouts.  Crime actually decreased and no wild west style shootouts have occurred.  

8th:  The assault weapon ban ended in September 2004, again the anti-gun liberal proclaimed carnage in the streets and skyrocketing crime.  The reality is that nothing bad came of it.

With the above examples:  Why does anyone think that tighter restrictions on firearms and banning of .50 cal firearms would make us safer?

What is next?  Are we going to ban rifles that are larger than a .22 rim fire?  Lets face it- more peole have been kiled with .22 cal rifles than any other caliber of weapon.

If we do that, when do the anti-gun liberals ban the .22?

Lets tie in a sacred cow of the liberal left- Abortion (it’s the same concept concerning government interference in the citizen’s lives) .   I'll make this deal with the liberal anti-gun people:  You keep the government's hands off my firearms and I'll keep the government's hands out of your wombs!

Just some food for thought.

you might have done better had you left out the word, liberal, and just kept antigun crowd, they'll probably take it as a simple insult.  Not that insulting them is bad, but a way to make sure your reply is posted for everyone to see and take in.

I'm keeping this list for future arguments.

-mark
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Made the same connection while discussing this with my wife.  Liberty is Liberty, period.  You either want more or less (or the status quo). It's not depending on whether it's abortion or firearms.

However, the real key is personal responsibility and accountability.  Gov't and those supporting more and not less gov't and this type of legislation are implying that we're increasingly incapable of being responsible citizens.  Maybe, but my personal opinion is that the root of all this is that we're increasingly incapable of being good parents and of raising responsible little citizens.  If only someone should make crappy parenting a criminal act. (Unfortunately, demographically I'd bet it'd be deemed racist.)

Randall
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice- they posted it.  Typos and all.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#24]
If you're gonna be a libertarian, then have completely libertarian views in my opion.  Sean made a good point, don't on one hand support something like abortion while at the same time telling someone they CAN'T own a weapon.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#25]
He must feel like a complete dumbass, he's been owned so bad on his own blog.  That's his fault for letting people criticize his opinions that are so off-base with this fellow houstonians.  Hopefully he'll move to Cali.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#26]
.416 BARRETT     400 grains  3,250 fps  (remains supersonic past 2500 yards)
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#27]
.416 BARRETT     400 grains  3,250 fps  (remains supersonic past 2500 yards)(this week)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top