Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 3:49:37 PM EDT

Needed a project. All parts found at the last Market Hall show. Mostly new parts and even used ones were nice.

Put together, after a little bargaining (well okay a lot but you could do the same):
a new $90 lower,
a new (good quality) $50 LPK,  
a new (good quality) $30 postban fixed/non-collapsing stock, buffer and spring (dealer selling these at the show),
a new (good quality) $100 flat top complete upper,
a (used but very nice) $100 Colt Govt profile postban barrel, sight, nut, etc which I then cut to 18" and crowned,  
a new (good brand) $110 B/BC/CH,
a (good, used, almost new, not Chinese) $35 red dot bought from a guy walking around the show,
a (bargain) $10 handguard,
a (almost new) $5 gas tube and pin from a gun show dealer,
and a new (milspec) $6 20 rd mag.
Did I leave anything out?
How much did it cost?

It shoots great--probably as accurate as any out of the box AR you will find. Definitely way above the blaster category. I really like the fixed/non collapsing stock--very light and rigid.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:17:32 AM EDT
[#1]
sure,

last ar i built with bushmaster complet lower and rra complet upper cost me only $400 bbl had less than 200rds through it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Well, okay, how about except for finding somebody giving away parts....

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#3]
that's about right for a basic kit gun, new...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#4]
This is a useless thread without pics
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Truly appreciate your concern Coz.  But using first class parts, a smattering of skill, and having no alcohol until after the building is done, this one shoots too good to even mention because nobody would believe it's just a "parts gun". Well, after checking it out with a real scope and adding a $3 butt pad it does. That $100 barrel was a bargain. And the postpban stock is really growing on me. No rattle rattle. Light. Cheep. I like that. And no Model 1 or M&A or 'who the hell knows" parts....

Sorry no pics. But if you guys will pitch in and buy me a new digital camera I'll post 'em tho.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:07:09 AM EDT
[#7]
with all that money you saved you should be able to afford a digi camera
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#8]
2nd on digi camera a post on a particular gun and cost is useless w/o pics
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:00:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Needed a project. All parts found at the last Market Hall show. Mostly new parts and even used ones were nice.

Put together, after a little bargaining (well okay a lot but you could do the same):
a new $90 lower,
a new (good quality) $50 LPK,  
a new (good quality) $30 postban fixed/non-collapsing stock, buffer and spring (dealer selling these at the show),
a new (good quality) $100 flat top complete upper,
a (used but very nice) $100 Colt Govt profile postban barrel, sight, nut, etc which I then cut to 18" and crowned,  
a new (good brand) $110 B/BC/CH,
a (good, used, almost new, not Chinese) $35 red dot bought from a guy walking around the show,
a (bargain) $10 handguard,
a (almost new) $5 gas tube and pin from a gun show dealer,
and a new (milspec) $6 20 rd mag.
Did I leave anything out?
How much did it cost?

It shoots great--probably as accurate as any out of the box AR you will find. Definitely way above the blaster category. I really like the fixed/non collapsing stock--very light and rigid.

With all the used parts, take off parts I have laying around and what I pay as a dealer, I can put one together for under $100.00  Of course it would be illegal for me to do so.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]

And knowing you, Terry, I'm sure it would be a good one too.

Sorry guys--can't afford a camera--saving up to buy some of Terry's parts.....  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top