Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 2:48:07 PM EDT
Reading the long thread about the cop shooting I had started getting the idea that you didn't loke any LEOs.
Now I am starting to rethink that.
Just having fun with some of 'em, ain't ya?

I gotta become a team member to see what goes on in there, and attend the Farm sometime.
Jim
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Reading the long thread about the cop shooting I had started getting the idea that you didn't loke any LEOs.

I gotta become a team member to see what goes on in there, and attend the Farm sometime.
Jim

I dont want to speak for ETH.... but I happened to know he has a LOT of respect for LEO's, and the rule of law in general.  I think he, like many of us, just has a problem when they might overstep their authority, or hold an attitude that they are above the average "citizen".
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
As an ex-cop I also have a serious problem with bad cops. Those are one reason I left the cop shop. It pissed me off really bad to have to deal with the idiots I worked with, and my Chief of Police left about 6 months after I did. The city council in a small town can be a bitch to deal with.

Anyway, I just kinda figured that he was baiting/pulling someones chain/ funning with them. There are so many people who sound extreme at both ends that I have a hard time not fanning the flames myself.

I have been a member here for a while, but am really just getting to know who is what, etc. On my site we moderators know who is doing what and keep the rest of us informed. From some of his posts in that thread he almost sounded anti-cop. The posts he made near the end sounded like what I suspect he really is- one of the rest of us normal people.

I really gotta go to the Hun farm sometime. It sounds like a blast!

Jim
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]

I really gotta go to the Hun farm sometime. It sounds like a blast!

Jim

Yep.

A blast, a boom or two, several big mmmboooms, and several tens of thousands of pops.........
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

A whole lot of folks think that I'm anti-LEO for simply taking the stance that we should bring LEOs back to being 'peace officers' again.

The idea that they are somehow 'different' from their fellow citizens is an idea that must simply be stamped out immediately, for the good of the Republic.

These 'New Centurions', as Joseph Wambaugh aptly called them, need to remember that they serve the citizens, not some Caesar in Washington, Austin, Sacramento, or elsewhere.

If that's the basis for being called 'anti-LEO', then I think someone is being 'anti-Citizen' by saying so.

Good.

My heart goes out to these poor folks who have to put up with what they routinely have to face daily.

They should be respected, and for the most part, they are.

Whenever some member of their fraternity messes up, they should admit it, and remind us that such things are bound to happen in this world, try as they might to prevent it.

Not rise up with one voice to shout down anyone who says their fellow officer messed up.

Well, yes, and no, I suspect.

I mean what I say, but some of those folks do merit just a wee bit of gratutitous sarcasm from the Old Hun.

Jim

The Hun Farm Team is the only membership that you need around these parts.

And it's free.

Eric The(WelcomeWagon)Hun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top