Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 5:44:24 AM EDT
I will try to make it there this Sat.  How is the show.  I have never been to this one on N. Lamar.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:46:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe after the show you can come by here.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:55:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone need an excuse to go to the Salt Lick?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No sane person.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No sane person.  

Well, since that does not apply to anyone here, lets just say the answer to the original question is "No."

Better yet, "Hell No."

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:37:46 PM EDT
[#5]
OOOH!  Salt lick this Saturday!  I'm there!  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OOOH!  Salt lick this Saturday!  I'm there!  

Not I.

I will be traveling to the Puget Sound area and will be forced (forced I say!) to seek out restaurants that serve fresh local seafood.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Went to the show on Saturday.  I was a bit disappointed.  I was used to Market Hall in Dallas so expected the same quality.

What I saw was
knives, jewelries,  jerkies, and western memorabilia.  Most of the vendors wanted lot more money than going price.

Global Trade was there but no receiver

There was one vendor that had Saiga-12 for $375 but couldn't sell it until 12:00pm
All I got was two US made grips from GT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#8]
the vender you saw with the Saiga-12 couldn't sell it period.  it was not of legal length.  a batch of Saiga 12's came in from RSR with barrels below 18".  i was there set up next to him.

the austin show isn't as good as the DMH show from a buyer's perspective.  Bachman isnt there to sell things at dealer cost to run out other dealers.  personally i like it that way.  most ARFCOM buyers disagree and say bottom dollar is king.

that may be true until you need someone to give you customer service or maybe even repair the item you purchased at rock-bottom pricing.  Bachman, AJC, Schramm's, etc, do not repair guns.

ask them to fix the gun you bought from them.  they will tell you to send it to the manufacturer.  they don't have time for you after you buy the gun unless you are there to buy another one.

there are some dealers out there who may charge a bit more, since they aren't buying 100 guns at at time.  but they may either have the knowledge, or have a business relationship, with a gunsmith who can repair your gun if something goes wrong with it

also, they may impart some knowledge on the guns they sell that others may lack in expertise.  you can ask some of the big dealers if their barrels are chrome lined, their twist rate, the type of trigger in the gun, whether or not it has a forged or cast receiver, etc.  the big guys sell alot of guns and thus don't have the time to know every gun they sell inside and out.

they also kill you on trades.  they buy new guns for so low they can't give you alot for your trade.  i had a friend with a 95% Sig P225, box, 2 mags, and night sights.  AJC offered him $300 in trade.

just my two cents as a small dealer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#9]
"the vender you saw with the Saiga-12 couldn't sell it period. it was not of legal length. a batch of Saiga 12's came in from RSR with barrels below 18". i was there set up next to him."

The importer The Russian American Armorey Company has recalled all these shotguns.  The are going to weld or silver solder them making them legal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top