Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 5:16:09 PM EDT
What are the rules regarding churches and hospitals and a ccw?

Yes, no, posted, signs.

Any thoughtful help is really appreciated.

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
They need signs.  Otherwise you should be okay.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Section 46.035

See paragraph #6
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Section 46.035

See paragraph #6

I bet you stayed at a holiday inn last night?

FWIW, you're better off asking an instructor or somebody in the know vs getting info off the message board.

(b) (6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established
place of religious worship.

46.035 (i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor
was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

In other words, must have the sign per 30.06, otherwise you are good to go.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

FWIW, you're better off asking an instructor or somebody in the know vs getting info off the message board.

That was my whole point.  He should look it up, and not rely on Internet gossip.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:26:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That was my whole point.  He should look it up, and not rely on Internet gossip.

Ok...so you pointed to the 46.035, but said look at (b)(6).  Why didn't you also point out (i)?

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:28:09 AM EDT
[#6]
OK,  you win.

Feel better now?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:36:26 AM EDT
[#7]
It is a sad day when the dissemination of accurate and complete information is considered "winning".

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#8]
SNAFU
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It is a sad day when the dissemination of accurate and complete information is considered "winning".

Well smarty pants, you could have said it nicer, with sugar on top.  

Like this:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Section 46.035

See paragraph #6

Hey - that is the right way to do it!  Just review that actual law.  But make sure you also point out the exclusion in section (i).  It's a tricky one!

(b) (6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established
place of religious worship.

46.035 (i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor
was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

As you can see, you're better off asking an instructor or somebody in the know vs getting info off the message board.... because sometimes the law is confusing, or difficult to read and comprehend.

So, anywho.... must have the sign per 30.06, otherwise you are good to go.   Have a great day, and stay safe out there!  

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What I don't understand is this:
If all someone has to do is post a 30.06 sign to prevent someone from entering, then why are hospitals, amusement parks, and churches first singled out as a place where you CAN'T carry, and then they make an exception that makes them no different from any other place by requiring the 30.06?

They didn't used to be the way they are now, correct?  All those places were completely off limit before the law changed.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If all someone has to do is post a 30.06 sign to prevent someone from entering, then why are hospitals, amusement parks, and churches first singled out as a place where you CAN'T carry, and then they make an exception that makes them no different from any other place by requiring the 30.06?

Because, grasshopper - in the original laws, those places were off limits.  Then, the law was amended, to simply state, they must place a legal 30.06 sign.  I suppose they could have just stricken those from the law, but perhaps they wanted to make it clear with the change, in plain english, that these places must now place signage like everyone else?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

No problem....I'll be in the office all week.

You buying lunch this week?

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem....I'll be in the office all week.

You buying lunch this week?

You're on.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They didn't used to be the way they are now, correct?  All those places were completely off limit before the law changed.  

I think part of the problem was around the official definition of terms. In other words what is a hospital? Is the PrimaCare center a hospital? What about your doctors clinic?

One thing I've been waiting to see, what happens if you go to an event somewhere that does not have a 30.06 posted at the door, but is sending all attendees through a metal detector after you get inside??

Now if they could just fix the 51% signage issue....
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think part of the problem was around the official definition of terms. In other words what is a hospital? Is the PrimaCare center a hospital? What about your doctors clinic?

One thing I've been waiting to see, what happens if you go to an event somewhere that does not have a 30.06 posted at the door, but is sending all attendees through a metal detector after you get inside??

Now if they could just fix the 51% signage issue....

Now, if they have a 30.06, or the 51% sign, its a no go.    I have no idea on the metal detector thing, but I've never had that issue come up either.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Now, if they have a 30.06, or the 51% sign, its a no go.

51% sign is a warning, not a no-go.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now, if they have a 30.06, or the 51% sign, its a no go.

51% sign is a warning, not a no-go.

Both can land me in trouble with the law.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top