Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 4:12:54 PM EDT
Hey guys.
Can anyone refer me to a concrete repairman?  I need about 16ft of concrete deck jacked up, leveled, sealed, and mastic.  If needed, it probably needs 4 piers.  The backfill dirt is the main problem - it settled over the last 4 years and some eroded from poor drainage.  I have called all over and either get no return calls, or they cannot do it.  Foundation places cannot do it.  I got scammed out of $300 from One Star Concrete aka North Texas Fence & Concrete (never showed except to get the "deposit" ofr materials.)

I have heard of a few technologies - styrojacking and mud jacking where they pump filler material into 3/4" holes drilled into the deck.

Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#1]
 I hate to say this....but the whole thing might just have to be replaced.  Most concrete decks are intended to "float" on the soil.  It is tremendously difficult to install piers under something that size without doing lots more damage.

I'm actually setting up to have about $46,000 worth of concrete repair and expansion joint sealing done.  My big fear is that the leaking through has washed out all the soil under the structure.

mm
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I tried to get them to quote tearout and replace, but no...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, I tried to get them to quote tearout and replace, but no...

The market is such that unless you buy at least one full truck, 9-10½ yards of ready mix, the company doesn't make money.  With the construction in the local area the way it is, the companies lose money sending a truck out for small jobs, the truck could be delivering entire loads instead of small batches.

Have you tried one of the swimming pool companies?  They might jump at the chance at getting some business of any sort.  Plus, they are skilled at repairing cement structures.

mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top