Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 10:42:07 AM EDT
I'm absolutely LIVID right now.  they replaced history channel with TV LAND,  and if i want history channel i have to upgrade to digital
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]
on another note, what's TVMAX?

I thought Time Warner had a monopoly in TX.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
on another note, what's TVMAX?

I thought Time Warner had a monopoly in TX.

not in apartment complexes.  TVmax has the short and curlies with them.  it's cheap($18/mo) but it ain't great.  i was fine with it up until today.  I think they're just trying to get more people to subscribe to their digital service.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#3]
can you switch to Time Warner?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
can you switch to Time Warner?

unfortunately not.  my apartment complex has a contract with TV max :(
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
GO sattelite. I am a little pissed at DISHNetwork wanting to charge me $600+ dollars to upgrade to an HD receiver, but if you don't need HD. They are great.

Here's their latest offer

i don't htink we *can*,  because IIRC doesn't the dish have to be pointed south?  we'd have no way to set it up since our apartment faces north
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm absolutely LIVID right now.  they replaced history channel with TV LAND,  and if i want history channel i have to upgrade to digital hr

The same here. I got internet problems allllll the time. And TVmax sucks. They give you a hard time and tell you, "oh we can be their any time from 8 am to 5 pm."  What kind of shit is that?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yeah it does have to face south. Unless your apartment will allow you to put it on the roof.

I used to install for DirecTV. Most apartments wont let you perm. attach anything to the building, so a tripod or pole mount is the only way to go. DirecTV points pretty much due south, Dish Network is closer to Southwest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top