Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:35:35 PM EDT
In an effort to try something interesting I am thinking of putting together a Mil Surp Bolt action shoot. (Mosins, 1903, Mausers, Enfields ect...and in stock condition) We have a 300 yard range.

Personally I have come to love a little POS Mosin of 1942 manufacture that I have. I see these things and mausers for the most part all day come into the range. Seems I am not alone. I would like to put together a shoot. Perhaps milk  Jugs or water balloons. (watermelons? hehehe)

Anyways, Perhaps a Sunday afternoon. Anyone think this would be fun, Would anyone here give serious consideration to coming? Give me some suggestions for course of fire. This is an informal thing, and I would love to do it a few times a year if it worked. Perhaps we could give  away a trophy. Again, someone would win, but the goal is to have a good time. and send some lead downrange with good folks.

It doesn't have to be all inclusive, we could do it "Mosins only" or "Mausers only" or whatever. I know some competitions exist but not enough and why cant I make up my own? I like the Idea of starting "The Mosin Nationals"

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#1]
BTW....shamless plug, this would be at The Bullet Hole Shooting Range in San Antonio.

www.bullethole.com

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:53:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Back when I had a life, I used to go to gtgc and shoot their bolt gun match every month.  200 yards, NRA style.  It is amazing how accurate you can shoot one of those old war horses.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#3]
oops, thought you were asking what would be a good milsurp gun for the shoot.

I'll be there btw.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Concentration Camp made S marked, 45 dated  K98 Mauser I've never fired live.  Depending on where and when, I could probably make it!  Sunday's are best for me!

Bolt Action?.......almost forgot what that's like!

Gunny,....................."I'm pulling the trigger, but nothing is happening!"
MauserMark............"You have to cock it after every shot!"
Gunny......................"What the hell!"
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got my Grandfathers type 99 I wouldn't mind bringing out.

I still don't have the dies or setup to reload for it yet, so I would be shooting commercial from Norma (at only $45 a box).

Where would this said shoot be?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top