User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/27/2006 1:34:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]
here's his thread on snipershide.com

www.snipershide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=003958;p=1

damn...

according to Chris, he's not taking the scope back.

So I guess Voldy is stuck with his $700 dented scope.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Voldy =
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]
looks like Xotic might be a  POS to began with(Atleast the first batch) Too bad none of us got to see it before the Eclipe Mod took place.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

All I can think to say is:

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]
what a fucking tool.

he dropped a scope, and is whining about someone else not making it right?

dumbfuck.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:05:25 AM EDT
[#9]
my nightforce takes a beating.

i sure wouldnt blame nightforce if one day i ended up denting it cause i am careless though.

like buying a car, wrecking it and blaming the manufactor for not building the car strong enough
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:18:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:49:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Drop your leupold and Leupy will probably fix it...  they've always been great to me and mine....

A little offtopic, but had to say it since the question was asked....
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Volder doesn't seem nearly this idiotic in person.....but I sometimes wonder what happens to his brain when he starts banging keys on the intraweb.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Exatly.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#14]
What tool.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Voldy is the man...
and his scope kicks ass.....
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Voldy is the man...
and his scope kicks ass.....

I have a problem with both of those statements.

dude the purpose of a troll account is to not give away who you really are.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#17]
He's proven himself to be an idiot on more than one occasion.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

your only saying that because he "outed" himself on this thread.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:36:30 AM EDT
[#19]
My god he has his own website
http://www.voldermortist.com/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1&categories=About+the+Website
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:08:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
My god he has his own website
http://www.voldermortist.com/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1&categories=About+the+Website

So what?  Do you have your own website?  Did you read through it?  Is it well done?  Are you just jumping on the Bash volder bandwagon?

www.atomiclabrat.com
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#21]
damn dude, damn
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I think it all came down to how he started both threads.  Which was by claiming the scope and company were pieces of s@#$.

There's better ways to approach claims with any business you deal with.  I've learned this the hard way a few times.  And because of it, I've been able to deal with businesses later on in life in a more respectful manner, and they will almost always accomodate your need or problem.  The best thing he could of done was start a thread first stating what happened.  Next asking the question on how he should address this issue with SWFA.  He would of gotten more respecful replies and advice on the best route to take with Chris and his company.  That's not what happened, and now we see how it progressed.  

-mark
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It's a full-time job for him.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#24]
I noticed he traded a B&L and represented it as mint.  In the Snipers Hide forum he mentioned dropping a B&L a few times and it did not bend... did I read that right?

FOR SALE: MINT B&L 10X scope.  Only dropped twice.

PS:

Voldy quote: "I take these websites seriously EXCEPT for ar15.com. I hardly ever take ar15.com seriously and treat it as sort of how a child would treat an amusement park..."

Weeeeee!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:20:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#26]
another one added to the list of who not to deal with, trade with, or buy from
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#27]
what an idiothinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I noticed he traded a B&L and represented it as mint.  In the Snipers Hide forum he mentioned dropping a B&L a few times and it did not bend... did I read that right?

FOR SALE: MINT B&L 10X scope.  Only dropped twice.

PS:

Voldy quote: "I take these websites seriously EXCEPT for ar15.com. I hardly ever take ar15.com seriously and treat it as sort of how a child would treat an amusement park..."

Weeeeee!!!!!!

Is this the scope (the B&L) he had at the christmas party?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#29]
It is/was/is again
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#30]
So if someone were to buy a brand new scope, never even take it out of the package, and drop the whole shebang off a six-story building.....it would still be considered NIB, right?  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
So if someone were to buy a brand new scope, never even take it out of the package, and drop the whole shebang off a six-story building.....it would still be considered NIB, right?  

more like damaged in box
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#32]
is Voldy finished with arfcom? or will they unlock his account?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

probably at the end of the month.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It is/was/is again

Oh, wow, this thing is better than mint.  I sat my fat ass down on top of it.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

he should be banned for good and ip add. locked.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Jesus . . . .  .Tough Crowd here.

Maybe we should get some thumbscrews!

Maybe we could find a plank and make him walk off it into Galveston Bay!

And who the fuck is CFEK?  Post # 26 right here on this thread.  How do you figure into this?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

he should be banned for good and ip add. locked.

I would have to disagree with that.  He got himself into the mess, and frankly, I would like to give him the opportunity to step up, and get himself out.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#38]
arfcom has been flooded with no-name noobs claiming everything under the sun in the past few months.  The AK board (the only thing I frequent) is swamped now with these people, all doing what they do best.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Me suspects cfek9 =
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:29:11 PM EDT
[#40]
still working on this?
make him walk the plank!  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#42]
ngnI pullerd this of his Website.....
__________________________________________________________________________________
Once more on to the breech of....... bad business

Well I had a rather interesting exchange with an optics company whom I shall not name.

Turns out an individual who was running the business was advertising a new rifle scope as rugged and reliable. Basically in a nutshell the ad says "Hey! Come buy this scope. it's superb and strong as hell." Well being the idiot that I am, I traded out a Bausch and Lomb scope for it(a scope with a shitload of history behind it and sturdy reliability).

Scope arrives, aside for some deep ring marks that were painted over, in superb condition. Other than the fact, the so-called "bellcap" was a little loose and needed to be tightened in order to prevent nitrogen from escaping, I was pleased. Clarity was awesome. I kept wondering if there was a catch as to how a good scope could be so cheap. Well.....

There was a catch.

Scope turns out wasn't good at all. The way I can see it they invested all their money into glass quality and used cheap crapola aluminum as the body for the scope. Funny thing too is the scope wasn't even a single piece tube. Had what a friend and I have dubbed to be a "bellcap" that was absolute shit. Certainly not the ruggedness it claimed to have. I was walking outside one morning to test the scope in lowlight conditions to see how it faired. Well I spent about ten minutes outside playing with it then headed back in.  We have a table in the hallway towards the kitchen. I was walking back with the scope at my side and my arm all the way down so the distance to the floor from the scope was about 1-1/2 feet. I thought it was more than that but after I finally measured the distance yesterday afternoon, I was even MORE infuriated about the quality of this scope. Funny thing is I thought it had been higher up. I had originally said 2 - 2 1/2 feet because I couldn't possibly see how a 1 1/2 foot drop could cause so much damage.

Anyhow, walking back I bumped my arm into the table and scope slid out of my hand and fell the 1-1/2 feet. I pick up the scope, and voila! There's a big fucking dent in the objective area where the sunshade threading is. I spent about 20 minutes pacing around my house in anger feeling like I had just been made the butt of some really bad joke. Once I finally calmed down I posted a topic on the dealer's website about this scope informing people of the quality of the product. Well needless to say that wasn't too intelligent to do, since I should have tried to resolve the issue in private, but I was pissed beyond reason.

Essentially, a cadillac was offered for sale at a really cheap price, and I bought it. But instead of a cadillac I got a ford pinto that LOOKED like a cadillac. No better yet, think of it as receiving a yugo car that looks like a cadillac, cause the yugos really sucked ass.

Could other scopes have survived this fall? MOST CERTAINLY!!
Burris, Leupold Mark 4 ultra, us optics, nightforce and Bausch and Lomb could all have survived that fall without incident. There's no reason why this scope shouldn't have survived that. The reason is didn't? Crappy quality. What's really funny about this is Burris actually costs LESS than this scope did. I should have gone with that.

What's even more ironic about this, is the design for the first run of this scope before it was released to the general public(plenty of pics of the original scope on the website) had a recessed threading area for protecting it. Well I guess the bean counters felt this was too much and decided to lower the quality of the scope.

I spoke with a friend of mine from the arfcom chatroom about this a bit and he also agreed it should have survived the fall if it had the quality it was boasting and bragging to have.

Anyhow, This dealer's apologist and goon squad comes out to defend his company and told me it's my fault cause I dropped it. Well it is my fault because I dropped it. But that doesn't mean this dealer isn't responsible for false advertisements and misleading marketting techniques, because he certainly is. He's going around ripping people off with product that's substandard and people seem to think that's alright. Claims the scope was one of the most rugged things you could get, and turns out it's no more rugged than a tin can from my recycling bin. How low can you get? Anyhow he bans me from his forum before I have a chance to defend my position and sends his little goon squad to chase me down after I post a warning about his product and business practices on another forum. Of course all hell breaks loose and I end up getting bashed as an idiot and somehow it's all my fault that his product does not meet up with the description he posts on his website.

Well at least he was nice(I use this word VERY grudgingly because I know he does this merely for the sake of keeping business) enough to put a 30 day money back guarantee and that guarantee was not linked with the warranty as I voided the warranty when I pounded the dent out of the objective(again another stupid thing for me to do but when you're as pissed as I was, I think you'd understand). Since the 30-day money back guarantee doesn't apply to the warranty(his fault for not doing that. oh well) I email him and tell him what's going on. Meanwhile all holy hell is breaking loose on the forums while this gets situated. He decides not to fix it and simply sends my Bausch and Lomb back, which I quite happy to accept back since it is of SUPER better quality than the piece of shit I was given. Anyhow, still waiting for scope to get back and I've been black-listed from doing business with his company(not a big loss since his prices were ripoffs anyhow).

Still eager and waiting to see how this ends up in the end. I guess the morals of the story are...

1.) Try to resolve issues in private before bashing someone. (my fault)

2.) Don't market a product claiming it to be something it is not. That can get you sued quite quickly. (his fault)

Edited to Add: oh yeah, I think I need to look into some anger management classes, cause DAMN I was pissed........ I still am in fact.  

__________________________________________________________________________________

Words to live by... UP for a KICK ASS WEB SITE
www.voldermortist.com
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#43]
this is stupid, I'm not one for wanting to keep this going but this is just plain stupidity, this is why there is instructions on tooth paste. You can only put your foot in your mouth so many times before someone jams it down
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I pullerd this of his Website.....

snippage.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...oh man.  I had thought he had more brainpower than this, but I guess I was wrong.  Oh well.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#45]
One tiny dent and he gets all pissy???

What a fucking pussy.

Appearance means nothing.

Nikon 180mm f2.8 lens. Older than I am, so banged-up it's no longer round, and still going strong.

Safe queens suck.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#46]
so whoever traded him the B&L is getting a damaged xotic back?

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes and you will soon see an ad in the EE for a like new B&L scope.  Mint.  Only dropped twice and sat on once.

I thought he was getting a US Optics SN3 with EREK knob to go on his cutom built bolt gun... I know they demo those by pounding em on a stuff.  Sounds like the perfect Voldy scope... untill he hits the glued on POS illumination knob and breaks it off and claims US Optics is a total POS!

Prediction: He will then realise this is all a giant federal conspiracy to provide US civilians inferior sniper scopes that will fail during the coming revolution.  
Govt project code named: RAGNAROK  
He will post on his website what he has discovered and the government will claim he is totally insane using his banned behavior as priam facie evidence of his insanity.  Then some nice men will take Voldy away and put him in a nice white suit.  The implosion will then be complete.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:36:18 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

What a fucking pussy.

www.peppersandsmoke.com/temp/180f28.jpg

www.peppersandsmoke.com/temp/barrel.jpg

www.peppersandsmoke.com/temp/focus.jpg

www.kdraut.com/photo/photo.php?file=/portfolio/globetrotters.jpg
Nikon 180mm f2.8 lens. Older than I am, so banged-up it's no longer round, and still going strong.

Safe queens suck.

Damn, what did you put it on with, a pipe wrench?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:20:27 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a fucking pussy.

www.peppersandsmoke.com/temp/180f28.jpg

www.peppersandsmoke.com/temp/barrel.jpg

www.peppersandsmoke.com/temp/focus.jpg

www.kdraut.com/photo/photo.php?file=/portfolio/globetrotters.jpg

Safe queens suck.

Damn, what did you put it on with, a pipe wrench?

Just years of use.  When you are on the sidelines of a football game and the guy with the ball veers out-of-bounds right in front of you, you have to get out of the way real damn quick.  Sometimes your gear gets a ding in the process.  If you are running alongside the police on a foot pursuit and the suspect suddenly stops and does an about-face, you seek cover now and worry about gear later.  That lens has seen use on three continents, shot hundreds of football, basketball and baseball games, been frozen, dropped, used to light cigarettes, really put through the wringer.

Again, safe queens suck.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:39:33 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Me suspects cfek9 = hr

this guy comes with his multiple dipshit threads and im the troll?how many times does this guy have to show his ignorance before everyone realizes?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top