Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 5:34:53 PM EDT

Anyone know of what his would cost me ?
Also -  
Anyone know of a good, reputable person that will not try to stick it to me.

I live in PLANO.

THANKS

OVER DRIVE is slipping on 3 speed  auto Inline Six  
( 97  - 140,000 miles - Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo )  

On deceleration  from  60  down on the off ramp of the highway -  
It slips out of and back into Over drive at

then it decelerates ok.

When I do the same thing with the O-Drive  off -- It does fine.

I am guessing -
1 -  O-Drive Sensor  is bad
2 - Overdrive all in all is bad
3-  Catalitic Converter  is going bad

But not sure which on it is.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
C&R Transmissions 3434 W Davis St, Dallas, TX  (214) 339-6501,
down mockingbird across the trinity right on davis and its just on your left. friends of the family been ther more than 30 years, talk to richard

FireBlade
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a '96 with 140k... JGC... and mine is juuuuust starting to slip a bit from 1st to 2nd.  I guess I will be interested in your experience.

Last I remember... you could get one at the stealership (a rebuilt) for $1500 or so.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Place here in PLANo  "EAGLE TRANSMISION"  -
I went in today - They told me It would be  $1400.

But do it now , or when it is "GONE"  ------>  same price.

I am just going to drive it for a while "with the OD OFF"
If I drive the HW - I will just push it on while I am up at 60  MPH   or higher.

I am going to drive it into the ground.......
CRAP - I Work 5 miles from where I live

FARLAK-
I will let you know when the time comes -
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am just going to drive it for a while "with the OD OFF"
If I drive the HW - I will just push it on while I am up at 60  MPH   or higher.

Honestly... I have been doing that for a while now anyway.... ever since I read Tom Jefferson's post on this very topic.  My OD is solid.

ETA - I have heard and read of MANY, MANY more UNHAPPY customers after tranny rebuilds, than I have happy ones.  Whoever you go with, make sure they have a stellar reputation and especially with your type tranny.  I have read of so very many trannt rebuild shops that dont even put the correct fluid in.

You do know the correct tranny fluid for your Chrysler tranny is Mopar ATF+4.... if you have ever used or added any other type of fluid you will get all kinds of issues until you flush it out of there.  Do you ever do fluid/filter changes?

Ebay has rebuilts for $900 plus shipping.  So $1400 installed with warranty sounds fair.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top