Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 5:20:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Think many ammo dealers will be there?  Dallas reloading?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#2]
So, is this show supposed to replaced the short lived Frisco gun show?

This is was the K-mart across from Bill Utter Ford, yes?

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The short lived Frisco show was because of the Embassy Suites decision not to let them have a show, not because it wasn't a success. The show in Denton is at the KMart building.

You think this will take off?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So, is this show supposed to replaced the short lived Frisco gun show?

This is was the K-mart across from Bill Utter Ford, yes?

The short lived Frisco show was because of the Embassy Suites decision not to let them have a show, not because it wasn't a success. The show in Denton is at the KMart building.

I wasn't implying it wasn't a success. I really enjoyed it and it was really first rate< two big thumbs up >. I understand it was a policy decision on their part (Embassy Suites). Too bad.  That was the first show my wife did not complain about the bathrooms smelling like dead bodies.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
You know, there is an excellent BBQ place, Rudy's, just up the road.....

I can smell the baby-backs now....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#7]
The Frisco Show may still happen. The problem is not the City of Frisco or the Emassy Suites local, it is ES's parent company Mariott that tripled the cost of the hall to the promoter for future shows (also the AD/ND 5 minutes into the first show didn't help much!). Descision was made in NY/NY and not locally. Info from 2 different exibitors. North Texas Gun Club are the people putting on the Denton Show, and their site still lists 2006 Frisco shows sometime this year. Same promoter that does Big Town.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, the old KMart Building, what a gem.........

Glad to see one come to town.  I'll of course have to peruse the building to see if there are any good deals.  I bunch of guys I work w/ are looking for more .223.  

For you guys that haven't been up here in a while.  Bill Utter Ford is not out there anymore.  They built a new dealership just south of town in Corinth.  The old Utter place is empty as well.  

Hopefully this will become a regular thing.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Did you say Rudy's?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you say Rudy's?

Its not but a couple of miles away from the show....hmmmm brisket....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#11]
33.23020497       per TFS

33.135076n     per google earth
97.094343w

i think

edit this from someone else +33° 13' 52.62", -97° 9' 42.02"

why do some gpshave 1 dot and others have more and inch and ft symbol? why can't just be one way?

FireBlade
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:14:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Where is this joint?  I can't find it.

ETA:  Nevermind, found it.  I are gud at Google.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:04:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Any idea if it is posted 30.06?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
33.23020497       per TFS

33.135076n     per google earth
97.094343w

i think

edit this from someone else +33° 13' 52.62", -97° 9' 42.02"

why do some gpshave 1 dot and others have more and inch and ft symbol? why can't just be one way?

FireBlade

you are such a geek!  

TXL
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Any idea if it is posted 30.06?

Classic Shows usually posts.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:17:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#18]
So, who is going Sat or Sun..... group lunch? at Rudy's?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope to make it out on Sunday.  I am especially interested in picking up a Glock 30.  Anyone going on Sunday?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#20]
anyone know the time this thing starts?  sat and sun?

thanks

TXL
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#21]
According to Classic Shows it's:

Saturday 9-5
Sunday 10-5

link
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#22]
thanks

txl
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Don't think we'll make this one.  Have "other" stuff to do.  It always sucks when the involvement of guns is not on the weekend agenda.  I may have to drop the offspring to grandmas to sneak out to the range.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Well like everyone else in N. Texas, I woke to rainy day with nothing to do so I went to the Gun Show. If you were there, you know the parking situation. Parked across street in Albertsons and had lunch at Luigis.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Not a bad little show.

Certainly puts the Fort Worth shows to shame.

I'd say it was a strong third place show behind DMH and Big Town.

I scored a pistol grip and did a bunch of table shopping.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I parked in the mud....not to bad, picked up a mount for the new ACOG.....
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Guys,
    Was there anyone with a good selection of USGI M1, M14, & M16 parts? Randy Popham from OK hopefully?
                                                              Carey
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I was talking to one of the larger knife dealers there, and he said he didn't plan on re-upping this show. Said there were a ton of tire kickers but no buyers. I'll bet the promoter did okay, after looking at the crowd (a line waiting in the rain, at 11:00), and each one paying $7.00 a head. That rain did make going an easy decision, however.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#29]
What Knife Dealer?!!! I saw a TON of merchandise leaving the show today! If it is the dealer that I am thinking about, THAT DEALER HAS A TENDANCY TO WAY overcharge anyway! They are not very good at the wholesale end of the business, so they cannot offer a competitive price, and always expect the consumers to be IDIOTS.
OUR RENEWALS ARE GREAT, BY THE WAY. I AM SURE THAT WE WILL HAVE A WAITING LIST FOR THE NEXT SHOW!
We did have a GREAT show, however, large crowds DO NOT pay $7 per person to just BROWSE! They bought where the deals were, not where the suckers shop.
BTW- I was able to speak with about 50% of our dealers by the end of today, some of which were ALL NEW,  99% had EXCELLENT RESULTS! Two MAJOR dealers even said it was their BEST show ever!!!
Do not judge a show by the whiners. Judge it by the winners.
Matthew

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#30]
I thought it was a good show. lots of stuff being sold.
very crowded... lots of people bumping in the aisle
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:49:56 AM EDT
[#31]
I thought that this would be a close show for me living in North Plano. But after battling my way down endless road construction, single lane traffic and stop lights on 380 and then coming the long way back around I35 to 121, I think Market Hall might be quicker after all.

Turnout was very good though...maybe too good.  Wasn't a big fan of parking in the mud or trying to get passed people just to get to the next table. Anything that promotes shooting sports is OK in my book though.

Did manage to stock up on 5.56 from the good guys at Dallas Reloading which is what I went for though.

Ed
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Did manage to stock up on 5.56 from the good guys at Dallas Reloading which is what I went for though.

Hey Ed-- do they have a web site? (I will google in a sec) Did you happen to see what prices they had for 9mm, cheap?

Thanks.
-E.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
What Knife Dealer?!!! I saw a TON of merchandise leaving the show today! If it is the dealer that I am thinking about, THAT DEALER HAS A TENDANCY TO WAY overcharge anyway! They are not very good at the wholesale end of the business, so they cannot offer a competitive price, and always expect the consumers to be IDIOTS.
OUR RENEWALS ARE GREAT, BY THE WAY. I AM SURE THAT WE WILL HAVE A WAITING LIST FOR THE NEXT SHOW!
We did have a GREAT show, however, large crowds DO NOT pay $7 per person to just BROWSE! They bought where the deals were, not where the suckers shop.
BTW- I was able to speak with about 50% of our dealers by the end of today, some of which were ALL NEW,  99% had EXCELLENT RESULTS! Two MAJOR dealers even said it was their BEST show ever!!!
Do not judge a show by the whiners. Judge it by the winners.
Matthew

I guess if you're the promoter, you'll find out who I referring to by seeing who doesn't re-up for the next one. I do take exception with this comment:

large crowds DO NOT pay $7 per person to just BROWSE! They bought where the deals were, not where the suckers shop.

Actually, small or large crowds pay whatever the entrance fee is at the door, regardless of whether they're browsing or buying. Please let's not use the entrance fee to rate the show. I've been to gun shows that had beanie babies, scented candles, and plenty of empty tables, and still paid my $7.00 to get in. Apparently. $7.00 is now the accepted entry fee, regardless of what's inside. I know for sure that many of the shows I've gone to in the DFW area (that were almost embarrassing in what was offered), no one offered me a refund of a dollar or two on the way out.

Don't misunderstand me, as I'm not trying to disparage you or your show. I thought the Denton Show was a good one, so congrats for that, but thinking that you can rate the quality of the show by the amount of the entrance fee is more than inacurrate, it's just plain silly.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey Ed-- do they have a web site? (I will google in a sec) Did you happen to see what prices they had for 9mm, cheap?

Thanks.
-E.

No web site. Call them as needed. They usually can work something out for you.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.
-E.

No web site. Call them as needed. They usually can work something out for you.

do you have a phone # that you can post?

wganz

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

do you have a phone # that you can post?

wganz

IM sent
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I really enjoyed the show, and brought 2 of my buddies to it, who also enjoyed the show.

I think the venue is nicer than Big Town, and is MUCH closer to me than Markethall or Big Town, and easier to access.

Will definitely be going back in the future, but the parking situation needs to be addressed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

+1

I had to drive there from my home in Keller to get some BBQ last weekend because my wife really wanted Rudy's for her birthday.  

Kevin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top