Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 3:21:37 PM EDT
Or  was it good only in limited areas with others still burning?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw something smokin' near Glen Rose today.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
We need rain. Lots of it in lots of small doses. The hospitals are full of people of all sorts of respiratory diseases. Supposedly related to all the smoke from the brush fires and the dust from the ultra dry conditions. They're throwing down $10/hour bonuses for all the extra hours that an RN can pull just to get enough staff to take care of the sick.

GOD help us if/when the avian flu goes human~>human in all of this.

wganz

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]

We got around an inch here SE of Fort Worth.  It will sure help but we need a bunch to fill up the lakes and saturate the ground again..We may get more later in the week.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:56:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:05:32 AM EDT
[#6]
We got over 2" yesterday, but I'll still get a $500 ticket for cooking with propane on my driveway.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#8]
FYI-
from the LE side-
The STATEWIDE burn ban is still on. One rain is not going to change anything- as soon as the dry grass dries, it will burn as hot as before. We are 18 inches below. Until stuff greens up again, expect the ban to stay on.
True story- one of the fires in DFW area was from plinking at rocks, and a spark set off a grass fire. Biggest culprits, cigarettes out the windows and welders. There are bans in most of the counties on any welding outside of a building.
It is a bummer, but mother nature rules right now.
FWIW
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We got over 2" yesterday, but I'll still get a $500 ticket for cooking with propane on my driveway.

Which county?  Van Zandt has a 'no combustible materials outdoors' ban right now.  But has been ignoring propane fired cookers and grills.

TRG

Rusk County.  If it's fire and it's outside, it's bad.  Not even clean-burnin' propane, much less charcoal.  

I'm really in the mood for some steaks, but I just can bring myself to cook them in a skillet.  If I wanted a fried steak I'd just go to Outback.  Blech.  

Meat deserves fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top