Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 12:13:16 AM EDT
Texans!  I have a friend of a friend who is USMC reserve that lives near dallas.  He's looking to acquire a AR15 carbine, and a 18" 870 shotgun.  Was hoping you guys could suggest something within a 100 miles of Dallas, store wise.  Being a Hoosier I'm totally unfamaliar with the area.  Figure the locals could help me with the lowdown on the good places to shop.  Thanks for any info!  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:01:43 AM EDT
[#1]
There are a few.

Bachman pawn and gun.  Great selection, GREAT prices.  Located on  Northwest Highway.

Sportsmans warehouse, Great selection, decent prices.  Located on Hebron Parkway, off of 35 in Lewisville.

Cabella's in Ft worth.  Bass pro shop in Grapevine.  (No ar's at Bass pro, don't know about cabellas)

I would recommend either BAchman or Sportsman's Warehouse.

TXL

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:04:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There are a few.

Bachman pawn and gun.  Great selection, GREAT prices.  Located on  Northwest Highway.

Sportsmans warehouse, Great selection, decent prices.  Located on Hebron Parkway, off of 35 in Lewisville.

Cabella's in Ft worth.  Bass pro shop in Grapevine.  (No ar's at Bass pro, don't know about cabellas)

TXL

Academy has AR but not sure if they have any carbines.
John
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:41:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There are a few.

TXL

Academy has AR but not sure if they have any carbines.
John

The one near me in Plano does.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:55:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Gun Shows.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Gun Shows.

Is there one this weekend at big town?

TXL
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gun Shows.

Is there one this weekend at big town?

TXL

no
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Winchester Gallery in Fort Worth has a small selection of AR's and is worth checking out if you are in the area.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There are a few.

TXL

Cabelas has an OK selection of ARs.  they usually will have one standard carbine, a tricked out one with a FF rail, and a couple of 20s.

Last time I was there, they had about half a dozen used ones, couple of Olympics, an overpriced Colt, and a bushmaster.

You can always check out cheaper than dirt in fort worth.  They may not be the cheapest, but they have a large selection.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey guys, appreciate the info.  I'll pass it along.  Hoping to get down there sometime to visit my buddy at seminary.  Texas rocks.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top