Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:01:48 AM EDT
OK, who is up for one, if we get enough interest maybe we can talk T.J. into it. I know it can't be the 17th-19th, because there is a rifle shoot that weekend that alot of the long range guys will be at.
MADUCE : if this is out, please chime in, i am just wanting to get back down there when possible.
I really enjoyed the Christmas shoot, only way it could be better would be to shoot Sat. & Sun.

Thx. Guys, Wayne B.

I think one shoot every 3 or 4 mths. is not too many, whatcha say people ??
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#1]
How much might it cost per person to go shoot on a "group shoot" day?  What ranges/lanes/targets are available?  What are the restrictions on what you can bring to shoot?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the range rental is $300 a day.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#3]
This would be excellent for the long range guys.

They have a 1000 yard range.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think the range rental is $300 a day.

Is that per PERSON or per group?  What would each INDIVIDUAL be expected to pay?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#5]
divide $300 by how ever many people show up. Of course I am just guessing at all of this, as it is TJs range and he sets the fees
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Normally TV charges $35/person, that's been the standard amount over the last 2½ years for the larger groups and open houses.

mm
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#7]
March is full. precision rifle match, class 3 shoot, .50 match, and advanced carbine class. I won't be home all month. (And that is not a complaint) Check the calendar on the website and contact T.J.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
March is full. precision rifle match, class 3 shoot, .50 match, and advanced carbine class. I won't be home all month. (And that is not a complaint) Check the calendar on the website and contact T.J.

Thanks, Bret, last time i looked '06 was not up, now i see that April 22 & 23 are open.Feb. is full also, so that [April] weekend may be our best chance. It's good to see things happening down there for you guys. Thx. again, Wayne B.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been wanting to do this.  I always figure a range of this magnatude.... I am more than willing to pay a $25-$35 range fee.  For the sake of argument, lets say $25 per shooter.... and we would have to work something out for people with kids, like kids shoot free, or something.

If we just wanted to shoot LR - we would need 12 people, and we could shoot on the KD range all day.  I am SOOOOO in for that.  Typically we shoot in the pits, or on the KD, but no both at the same time.

So - does someone want to plan something for April, on the KD range?  Even with iron sights, it would be great to spend some time practicing at 200, 300, even 600yds.  And for those of us with LR rifles, we could start moving back to 800, and 1000.  Would be a great opportunity to really work on getting good dope for all your rifles, and fill your logbook.

Who is in?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, i am, you handsome man you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in, and I would suggest trying to get everyone to pay in advance.

You always have 25+ people say they want in, and then only have 8 show up.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#12]
What are the targets like on the "KD" range?  Are they paper?  Circular or silhouette?  Are there any long range (100m-600m) ranges out there with any kind of steel or otherwise reactive targets?  What about the "LD" range?

I'm not particularly into punching holes in paper, but I might tolerate it for the chance to shoot at 1000m.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What are the targets like on the "KD" range?  Are they paper?

www.debosroom.com/gunpics/tigervalley007.jpg

www.debosroom.com/gunpics/tigervalley001.jpg

See the links above for an idea.  Yes they are paper, and circular.  We can probably choose target types.... but this is set of for those who want to get good dope on a LR capable rifle (scope or good reticle with elevation adjustments with up 30 minutes of adjustment from a 100yd zero)

Keep in mind, this aint boring "shooting at paper then wondering where your holes are"  We would have a target marker down range for each target, and each shot would be marked.  You can instantly see your error, wind changes, etc.  It is a blast.... not like paper punching at 100yds.

In any case, we WILL spend 50% of our day, behind the berm, pulling and marking targets for our fellow shooters.  If this doesnt sound like fun, then it might not be for everyone.

Circular or silhouette?  Are there any long range (100m-600m) ranges out there with any kind of steel or otherwise reactive targets?  What about the "LD" range?

I'm not particularly into punching holes in paper, but I might tolerate it for the chance to shoot at 1000m.

You can barely hear a steel hit at 1000m, depending on conditions.  The real question is, do you have a rifle, scope, and ammo capable of reaching 1000m and staying supersonic?  Do you know your muzzle velocity and bullet type to set your initial elevation?

I imagine we can get some pepper poppers for dinging at the 200-600yd distances.... but the focus of this day would be to hone our dope for each distance, and get practice.  I plan on bringing 3 rifles.... an iron sight service rifle (200-600), an AR10 with a SS scope (200-800), and a PSS with target leupy (200 - 1000)

I am going to contact TJ, see what his thoughts and requirements are (# of shooters, dates) confirm, and post a new thread if it is a go.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in, as long as it is not the last weekend in April!!!

Hell, that's 3 months away, Lord knows what new toys I'll have by then...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#16]
While planning and thinking about this please remember, no steel when people are pulling targets. Fal, sounds like you da duck, so here's what I know. To go from 200 back (3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10) with pit changes etc. will take most of a day, depending on how many people (it took me 2 hours spotting, not pulling,  for one trained individual to go from 200 to 900) . Everybody will get exelent information and knowledge, but the steel bangers (that is fun too) will have to wait for the next move back with nobody in the pits. Get everybody to start on time and it sounds like another day at the range.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#17]
There were about 10 of us on the 1kd range during the Christmas shoot and we went from 200 to 1k in about 4-1/2 hours.  Great fun, and filled in my log book.  The instant feedback is what makes it fun and practical.  Even pulling in the pits was kinda fun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:11:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top