Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/10/2006 8:23:56 PM EDT
(Not to be confused with Texas Swat)

This is airing on A&E...first episode was last Wed.

I uploaded this to PC (MPEG2 format) if somebody wants to host it...3gb

Anyway, I was watching it the other night and something caught my eye...I went to the PC to replay and found this:

Video was taken from video of DPD SWAT participating in the 2005 Wold SWAT Challenge in Las
Vegas.

Can't get the pic right now, long story short, DPD was flying the TX Flag upside down.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:24:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 Can't get the pic right now, long story short, DPD was flying the TX Flag upside down.

Elite units. Sure.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I liked the "Texas Swat" show better anyway..... more action, no drama about their love interests.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I liked the "Texas Swat" show better anyway..... more action, no drama about their love interests.

Also: more mis-identification of common firearms, and blatant lies.

I dont like either of these SWAT shows. I highly doubt they will last.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I personally thought the DALLAS Swat show was GAY.

Especially the guy that had the bum foot and was leader of the team that competed in LAS VEGAS
- What a a big headed duche bag of a guy.

Kind of corny with all the LOVEY DOVEY crap about the one guy and his girlfriend.

- I did pick up how he was spending sooooo much time with his daughter that week and when he got called up he dropped his daughter off at a neighbors apartment, went in , worked the situation , then - INSTEAD of GOING HOME YTO HIS DAUGHTER , he got all DOLLED up and drove to FTWTH to see the hair dresser/ex-girlfriend.

A bunch of goobers - personally.

Also - I think the RAID on the drug dealers were they came out of the VAN was fake.
The first guy out had an AIRSOFT  "red tipped" AR.
- a buddy of mine and I debated it being a muzzle cover to keep dirt and grime out - but I believe -
No need for a muzzle cover in that urban situation.

I will keep watching it to find the BS  garbage that it is.
SAD....................

" Snipers "  40 yrds from backdoor of house standing  up behind a 3 inch wide tree - whatever.

OH - or the one RAID where they go into the apartment of the METH COOKER -  Only 2 guys had VESTS on -  The 2 big personalities on the show have NO VESTS ON - right.

Fake - planned - garbage.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#9]
If the guy has gone to a Paul Howe class, and liked the idea of protecting the muzzle with a fire through cover, then he'll always keep one on the gun.

I liked the show.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#10]
The only problem that I had with Both shows was the  " They have Ak's in there" and "Our vests can't stop these" That just kinda show the ignorance of so of our LEO's, Swat cops or not
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, aside from them actually being SKS rifles, the other part (about penetrating vests) is true.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#12]
 The guy with the bum foot gets me.  The "Team" seems not to be an actual team but a bunch of individuals that think they're supermen.  The guy with the hurt foot has to know he'll be dragging the rest of the team down both at work and at the competition.  One thing I learned at a young age is that you do whatever it takes for your team to win, even if it means sitting on the bench and spectating.

mm
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#13]
"He's got an automatic handgun.  The clip is loaded."

Honey, where's the remote?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Thursday nights show, guy held up in hotel and the cop describes his sit, he has an automatic pistol and a full clip.  dont they know how to talk  lol, so he has a glock18 and clip for an m1 grand, gonna be a neat trick trying to get that clip in that gun.

FireBlade

also the personal lives is boring.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:54:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Wonder if they are that sloppy with the facts or terminology when they write reports or testify in court. When the eventually learn the correct terminology, they will be "professional enough to carry a glock fawty"
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#16]
couldn't even kill himself right....

ETA: posted to early...died 3 hours later
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I am happy to find I am not the only one that see these for what they
are.

Propaganda........................................

God, it has come to Texas.

What the heck are we gonna do??????????????
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#20]
To bad it doesn't show the massive corruption that plagues the Dallas Police Department.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:16:26 AM EDT
[#21]
my friend is up at TTPOA SWAT school in the DFW Metroplex.  his class was filmed practicing bus assaults, getting gassed, etc.

supposedly it will be on either Dallas SWAT or Texas SWAT.  who knows which one...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I guess I've bought into the propaganda.    

I'm surprised I haven't read anything like:

"the negotiator has blood on his hands because the guy killed himself"

"the negotiator should feel bad for lying to the guy who shot himself"

"the snipers had their bolts open while sighted in on the hotel"
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I guess I've bought into the propaganda.  haven
"the negotiator has blood on his hands because the guy killed himself"

"the negotiator should feel bad for lying to the guy who shot himself"

"the snipers had their bolts open while sighted in on the hotel"

He deserves a reward for saving the taxpayers of Dallas County the cost of a trial. Can we borrow him for Tarrant County?  The show still blows, BTW.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I ain't against shooting bad guys.  

I just don't understand why bad guys can't be shot while wearing
street clothes or regular ole uniforms.

I am against cops that think, and teach, that "civilians" with guns are bad.

I am against cops that think little boys should not be playing with toy guns.

There is NO reason for cops to be wearing ninja suits and acting all
militaristic. <-- is that a word?

Oh, and I am not anti cop.

OK, flame me.

And I hope my anti copy tirade does not get this thread locked.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I ain't against shooting bad guys.

Neither am I.  I personally think we're not shooting ENOUGH badguys.

I just don't understand why bad guys can't be shot while wearing
street clothes or regular ole uniforms.

I don't understand why bankrobbers need SKS and AK clones to rob a bank.  I can't understand why badguys have access to guns in the first place, and when caught with using them in a crime, aren't killed on the spot.  I think someone told me "human rights" or "constitution" or some such, but I wasn't listening.

I am against cops that think, and teach, that "civilians" with guns are bad.

I am too.  However, I don't remember anything about them talking about "civilians" with guns.  I thought it was about drug dealing criminals with guns that gets them going.

I am against cops that think little boys should not be playing with toy guns.

Me too.  However, where was this point addressed in the show?

There is NO reason for cops to be wearing ninja suits and acting all
militaristic. <-- is that a word?

I also think that MS13 should not be here.  I think that tweakers should not have booby traps and tripwires to protect their labs.  I think that organized crime shouldn't have machineguns.

Oh, and I am not anti cop.

Neither am I.

OK, flame me.

Nope.  No flames.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:21:30 AM EDT
[#26]
...and im here wondering how many guys who just pooped on Dallas SWAT could even remotely qualify to do the same thing they do?

there are alot of internet jockeys who are:

1. out of shape
2. lack the experience and/or training to be on a SWAT team
3. have no law enforcement or military training
4. think that all cops who don't know alot about guns are thus terrible SWAT operators

simply owning an AR15 or other assault rifle, reading internet threads, etc., doesn't make you a better tactical operator.  it may make you able to distinguish something semantically (i.e. a MAC vs. an UZI, or whatever), but i just wonder how a bunch of people without SWAT experience (myself included) can sit there and judge a major PD SWAT Team.

let's take a roll call and see who on here has what it takes to really be on a SWAT Team, not just some regular AR15 owner?

ill be the first to admit i am not qualified.  however i served in a Narcotics Task Force performing dynamic entry/search warrants and am going back into LE in 2 weeks.

let's see everyone else's qualifications?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#27]

The point about the kid having a toy gun taken away was
discussed on another web forum, it was on this show
and they did lecture a mom about letting kids play with
toy guns.  Sorry for mixxing my forum's up.

I am not judging the people that are SWAT or LE.

I am dismayed and judgemental about the fact
our society thinks military acting police are a good
thing.  Obviously, this is an opinion not shared
by all here.  I am utter confused about how
some think military acting police are good
in the same way some of you are confused
about how I think it is bad.

And yeah, I am an arm chair commando.  What
the hell does that have to do with anything.
Are you saying us "civilians" should just
shut up and have no say in how our
society is?

Let me ask this, is not the military supposed
to answer to the civilan side of the govt?  If
so is there a disconnect in saying that to
have a say you must be one of "them"?

I am confused, I am sure someone here will
set me straight.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#28]
I can properly fly a Texas state flag.

There.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#29]
sorry im just having a slight issue trying to figure out how an armchair commando can get off telling a trained SWAT officer what he is doing wrong.........
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Thread hijack in process...

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:44:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Thursday nights show, guy held up in hotel and the cop describes his sit, he has an automatic pistol and a full clip.  dont they know how to talk  lol, so he has a glock18 and clip for an m1 grand, gonna be a neat trick trying to get that clip in that gun.

FireBlade

also the personal lives is boring.

Just watched that episode Saturday (TiVo).  That incident occurred on a Saturday morning back in April at the Motel 6 across the highway from where I work (LBJ/Josey area).  I'm sitting there watching when they show the two snipers set up on top of a parking garage.  I thought it looked kinda familiar - it's our parking garage!  

I also noticed in the show that the suspect fired on the entry team through the motel room door.  Guess that might explain our bullet holes in our windows...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:00:50 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The point about the kid having a toy gun taken away was
discussed on another web forum, it was on this show
and they did lecture a mom about letting kids play with
toy guns.  Sorry for mixxing my forum's up.

I am not judging the people that are SWAT or LE.

I am dismayed and judgemental about the fact
our society thinks military acting police are a good
thing.  Obviously, this is an opinion not shared
by all here.  I am utter confused about how
some think military acting police are good
in the same way some of you are confused
about how I think it is bad.

And yeah, I am an arm chair commando.  What
the hell does that have to do with anything.
Are you saying us "civilians" should just
shut up and have no say in how our
society is?

Let me ask this, is not the military supposed
to answer to the civilan side of the govt?  If
so is there a disconnect in saying that to
have a say you must be one of "them"?

I am confused, I am sure someone here will
set me straight.

Well said sir.  Well said.

Spread - I hope you take some of this to heart, as you go back into LE.  (not judgemental.... just think these are good principles to keep in mind)  It is unfortunate that law enforcement has to come into contact with a large percentage of people, whose behavior is worse than animals at times.... or they see those of us ordinary joes at our worst.... and will (human nature) draw conclusions about the general populace.  As an American, we dont have to *be* swat, to *comment* and *criticize* swat.  We just have to pay taxes.

We dont have to *be* a militarized police force.... (or be able to) in order to criticize the necessity or behavior of such a force.  

This is STILL a government of the people, for the people.  Lest we forget that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#34]
i dont think im being condescending.  notice how i said i was not qualified to be a SWAT guy either.

LE or no LE (as far as my creds are concerned) i am wondering how people, by simple virtue of being a taxpayer, is thus qualified to question SWAT tactics?

being a taxpayer, sure, you can question how your tax dollars are being spent.  but that doesn't qualify you, me, or anyone else to question SWAT tactics.

i personally know alot of guys who spend alot of money on guns but not alot of money on training.  the guy with the $10,000 registered M16 isn't automatically considered an expert machine gun operator either, right?

i just think alot of people on the internet gun boards, not just ARFCOM, are anti-cop, or somehow into cop-bashing.

i'm just trying to envision in my head how a run-of-the-mill civilian AR-15 owner, assuming he has little to no training, can justify telling a SWAT operator of a major city PD that he is doing something tactically wrong.......

and as i am typing this i am attending school at Blackwater, so yes, i put my own money towards training.  the overall cost of this week's school is over $2000.  but that still doesn't make me qualified to tell a SWAT operator what he is doing wrong tactically, since i'm here for Executive Protection School.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
being a taxpayer, sure, you can question how your tax dollars are being spent.  but that doesn't qualify you, me, or anyone else to question SWAT tactics.

The day Americans cannot question the methods and tactics the civil servants it employs to serve them use, is a sad day for America. It is your DUTY as an American (and thus that IS your qualification) to question the methods and tactics that are used (and thus understand them), from SWAT operations to why they do not dust for prints when your home gets toilet papered to how/why/where your garbage is disposed of.

Quoted:
i'm just trying to envision in my head how a run-of-the-mill civilian AR-15 owner, assuming he has little to no training, can justify telling a SWAT operator of a major city PD that he is doing something tactically wrong.......

Why not? If what SWAT operator is doing is tactically correct he will have no problem defending those tactics, and if it is wrong, perhaps his life can be saved.

Personally, I think ignorance ofmethods and tactics of police operations is a huge part of the friction between police and those they serve.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
...and im here wondering how many guys who just pooped on Dallas SWAT could even remotely qualify to do the same thing they do?

there are alot of internet jockeys who are:

1. out of shape
2. lack the experience and/or training to be on a SWAT team
3. have no law enforcement or military training
4. think that all cops who don't know alot about guns are thus terrible SWAT operators

simply owning an AR15 or other assault rifle, reading internet threads, etc., doesn't make you a better tactical operator.  it may make you able to distinguish something semantically (i.e. a MAC vs. an UZI, or whatever), but i just wonder how a bunch of people without SWAT experience (myself included) can sit there and judge a major PD SWAT Team.

let's take a roll call and see who on here has what it takes to really be on a SWAT Team, not just some regular AR15 owner?

ill be the first to admit i am not qualified.  however i served in a Narcotics Task Force performing dynamic entry/search warrants and am going back into LE in 2 weeks.

let's see everyone else's qualifications?

I could and am more than qualified.
Though I am older now and more out of shape than these guys.
I have real world tactical training and combat experience.
Many people here do.
You would be suprised who actually lurks here on these pages.
Not just "IT support" geeks here at AR15.com

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Thread hijack in process...

www.mikesmarauders.com/stuff/hijacked.jpg

Now that is great - I love that pic.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#38]

and as i am typing this i am attending school at Blackwater, so yes, i put my own money towards training.  the overall cost of this week's school is over $2000.  but that still doesn't make me qualified to tell a SWAT operator what he is doing wrong tactically, since i'm here for Executive Protection School.

Good they offer some good training - tell me what course you are taking there.
I have a couple buddies from my old unit in the corps that are instructors there.
Maybe I can have you say HI   for me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
LE or no LE (as far as my creds are concerned) i am wondering how people, by simple virtue of being a taxpayer, is thus qualified to question SWAT tactics?

Question?  I think we can question ANYTHING our government does.  Now... question doesnt mean make decisions... or hand out ultimatums.... but we damn sure can QUESTION any tactic we dont see as good, or fully understand.  And our police forces/SWAT teams have the duty to explain why it is they feel the need for specific tactics, if they are brough into question.  If the people cannot question tactics that are not fully understood, then who should?  OTHER government officials?   No thank you.

i personally know alot of guys who spend alot of money on guns but not alot of money on training.  the guy with the $10,000 registered M16 isn't automatically considered an expert machine gun operator either, right?

Nope - but he aint kicking in doors and shooting people.... nor is his M16 financed by my tax dollars.  I feel like there should be a better analogy to make that point?

i just think alot of people on the internet gun boards, not just ARFCOM, are anti-cop, or somehow into cop-bashing.

Absolutely.  And unfortunate.  But it doesnt take away their right to question what their government is doing, or how they are doing it.

Hell, who cares about AR15 owners?  I want every citizen to be able to bring any tactics into question.  What better place to discuss than on an internet board?  It aint like we are dictating policy.  Most of us are thinking, and educating ourselves.  Some, as you said, are just here to take their jabs at the po-po.  Big deal.  That's life.

I think your argument is more based on "knowledge and training requirements".... and mine is more based on a government funded position, and potential abuse of power.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You've created this whole "tactics" strawman here, but it is really inaccurate.  Most of the criticism wasn't aimed at SWAT tactics, it was aimed at: (1) anti-gun propoganda; (2) the demonstrable lack of basic firearms knowledge; (3) entries or confrontations that appeared to be staged for the camera; and (4) the attitudes and personalities of the individuals who starred in the show.  

When someone starts griping about how you should use a four man entry team instead of a three man entry team, then you can start complaining about qualifications.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:36:53 AM EDT
[#41]
What do tactics and anti gun garbage have to do with one another?  All I read is complaints about ignorant police officers making bad statements about firearms and problems with the executive production of the show.  I never read anything about "tactics" of the officers.  Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
What do tactics and anti gun garbage have to do with one another?  All I read is complaints about ignorant police officers making bad statements about firearms and problems with the executive production of the show.  I never read anything about "tactics" of the officers.  Did I miss something?

Nope....My intent was to point out the fact the officers did not know how to properly fly the TX flag and the network allowed the bobo to air...

Instead, in typical Arfcom fashion, it turned into a pissing match...

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#43]
>When someone starts griping about how you should use a four man entry team instead of a three man entry team,
>then you can start complaining about qualifications.

Bingo.

I've been holding off commenting on this thread hoping for others to see things the way I see them.
For a while I thought maybe I was way off base.

I think half the people on this thread have no idea what the other half are talking about.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've created this whole "tactics" strawman here, but it is really inaccurate.  Most of the criticism wasn't aimed at SWAT tactics, it was aimed at: (1) anti-gun propoganda; (2) the demonstrable lack of basic firearms knowledge; (3) entries or confrontations that appeared to be staged for the camera; and (4) the attitudes and personalities of the individuals who starred in the show.  

When someone starts griping about how you should use a four man entry team instead of a three man entry team, then you can start complaining about qualifications.

Well said.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#45]
I love this thread - it is awesome.
I will watch last nights episode tonight "TIVO is wonderful"

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#46]
I didn't care for the program. I was expecting more action and less soap opera drama.
It didn't seem real life or gritty to me...too scripted.

I find that people (in any profession) are very different on camera than they are in real life.
This is good in some cases and bad in others. I just hope this show doesn't over inflate the
egos of some and that may already struggle with "big head" syndrome.

I've shot in many classes / side matches with members of DFW area SWAT. Most were very
professional and good with their toys. With that said, I and several other local civvies cleaned a few
of their clocks., but most of them could pop my head like a grape in a wrestling match.

EDIT: for spelllin
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#47]

To each his own, I guess. I liked some things about the two episodes I saw. I liked the personal side but thought it was overdone a bit. I liked the fact that it wasn't kick-ass every second of camera time, cuz that aint' what the job really is. I saw some "tactics" that were staged and--I am certain--some of those guys are probably catching a load of sh-t from their peers for being too "Hollywood". I saw that some situations don't present the opportunity to use the school solution. Life's like that. I must have misssed the no-vest shots--that would be major po-po no-no.

I hope the show makes it, and that it presents the life as it is. So far, I think they're trying but just aren't quite there yet.

And--not to pick a fight with any home town good guys--I don't think that someone who picks up on something phony, and comments on it, has to currently be Swat qualified to do so. As someone said earlier, many of us have gone through doors not knowing what was on the other side.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Good they offer some good training - tell me what course you are taking there.
I have a couple buddies from my old unit in the corps that are instructors there.
Maybe I can have you say HI   for me.

it says in my quote, that you quoted, what course i am taking.  Executive Protection School.  none of my instructors for this course are former Marines, there are two former SEALs, one current VA Beach (VA) SWAT, and one former FBI Agent.

i dont think i, nor anyone who is supporting LE on most internet gun boards, would ever win an argument on ARFCOM or any other similar board in regards to pro-cop or anti-cop sentiments.

conversely, i don't think anyone on here would win their argument on an LE-discussion board.

i agree that taxpayers AS A WHOLE should be able to question what the government does with their money.

i do not agree that the individual taxpayer, by mere fact of paying taxes, gets to tell mr. officer on the street what to TACTICALLY do and not do.  merely paying taxes doesn't make me, you, or anyone else on here better TACTICALLY.

i think we are arguing two different things here.  i've never said that taxpayers, as a whole, do not get to tell the government what to do.  some people on here have misconstrued that.  what i am stating is that by merely being a taxpaying citizen does not make anyone a more sound tactical operator than a trained person.

if that is the case, then a taxpayer should also be a better road construction worker, a better toll collector, a better mayor, etc.  regardless of their experience, expertise, or training.

i think we can all agree that is asinine.  paying taxes does allow me, you, and every other taxpayer to question why the city police is out writing red light tickets instead of patrolling the neighborhoods.  i totally agree.  what i don't think paying taxes allows an otherwise tactically-untrained person, by simple virtue of paying taxes, to be able to tell an experienced SWAT officer that he is doing something TACTICALLY wrong.

i do believe that cops should be held accountable for their actions if ILLEGAL.

does this make sense?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
what i don't think paying taxes allows an otherwise tactically-untrained person, by simple virtue of paying taxes, to be able to tell an experienced SWAT officer that he is doing something TACTICALLY wrong.

YMMV.

I can assure you if I come into contact with this NYPD ESU (SWAT) Officer, I will question his TACTICS and tell him something is seriously wrong. I would rather embarrass myself and/or offend him rather than see him get killed because he was doing something WRONG,  just like I questioned the TACTICS of an on-duty uniformed Allen Police Officer a few years ago who was unaware she was carrying Andy Griffith style.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Andy Grifith didnt carry a gun.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top