Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 1:01:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
LT, go to home Depot, they have flex hours and pay better than Dept. storesdo. Hell, there is one around the corner from you. ALSO, a guy i know used to pick up lonely women at that same home depot, he went home with a couple of them to "install something"
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Starbucks?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
throw a paper route..................really.

anywhere from 1000-1800 a month
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#5]
You're over qualified.

mm
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
LT, go to home Depot, they have flex hours and pay better than Dept. storesdo. Hell, there is one around the corner from you. ALSO, a guy i know used to pick up lonely women at that same home depot, he went home with a couple of them to "install something"

Hmmmm.....that's a thought. I know nothing about home building crap though. Plus I am partially color blind so there goes working in the paint dept.

Hell, sounds like you'd fit right in there.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Try Academy. You'll get %15 off on ammo and firearms trust me I know
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
My brother worked security in some popular night club on weekends for christmas money. He said he would bring home $500 a weekend(in tips) plus what they pay you by the hour.  He said he had a ton of fun but wouldn't want to do it full time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Check fitness places-- they are poping up everywhere, and probably need people....

In fact, not sure when its opening, but LifeTime fitness (like the one in Plano) is being built, on the verge of completion, in Allen at 121 and Lake Forest/Watters. (just NW of Stacy/75)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#10]
 Remember, it's tax time.  Most of the tax places train their people, lots of nights and weekends until April.

mm
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:43:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Sssssssshhhhhhh, dont be telling everyone.  If you do, you wont be able to bitch about Ned Roberts and his .257.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:41:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#14]
LT,

Don't you have skills of some sort?  What did you do when you lived in LA?  I'm looking for a sales guy/gal.

R.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I know of a place in Dallas called Sal's.  They are in dire need of waitstaff.

mm
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

mm

Clarification, they need COMPETENT WAITSTAFF, including management.

I can confirm this, and so can about 25 other people... :lol:
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#18]
 Ever consider buying large quatities of pre-paid cell phones when they are on sale and reselling them?

mm
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#19]
How early can you be available?  Manual labor( shipping) and maybe answering phones.
Getting orders ready and shipping UPS and FedX of high dollar equipment.  No weekends, but maybe 1p-5p?

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Did you ever play baseball or softball?
Contact your local parks dept. and ask about taking a course to be an umpire.
The umpires that call the games I play make about $15.00 per game, and call 3-5 games a night depending on the schedule. They call games 2-5 nights a week and tournaments on weekends if they want. They basically set their own schedule- some like to work every night, some don't.
It's a great way to make money.
Jim
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mm

Clarification, they need COMPETENT WAITSTAFF, including management.

I can confirm this, and so can about 25 other people... :lol:

, good luck with it all Al
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
 Ever consider buying large quatities of pre-paid cell phones when they are on sale and reselling them?

mm

I hear the going rate is $6 a phone.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

<KoolAid Voice> OHHH YEAH!!!</KoolAid Voice>

wganz

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#25]
tvone, that sounds like a job i need. where do i apply?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:50:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Maggie,

I/M sent.

tvone
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:29:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#28]
try delivering pizza?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I was thinking about bartending, but you gotta have some doohickey lics for that here in TX from what I gather.

4 hour course that you can take online for $25 TEXAS Alcohol Seller/Server

The umpire deal sounds like a good idea too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
OK one more go round here just in case.

Since I have posted this. I have applied at Kohls, Target, Academy(2 locs), Home Depot, and WalMart(3locs). Also applied for waitering jobs at Campisi's, but they did not have anything that fit my schedule.

Any help here, suggestions. Need something 6-9 or 10PM 3-4 night a week and maybe a Sat or Sun for about 8hrs.

I was thinking about bartending, but you gotta have some doohickey lics for that here in TX from what I gather.

Tried any of the area hospital jobs for orderly?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Legends of the Game Tour Guide

We are so excited because it is almost baseball season and we are set to have one of the best Spring seasons EVER here at Legends of the Game Baseball Museum!!!  In fact, we are going to be so busy that we are in need of hiring more our our great tour guides!  The tour guide position is great for someone looking for part-time work who is energetic, responsible and friendly!

Do you know someone who fits this description???  If you do, please forward this e-mail to them!  We would love to have their application!  If you don't know anyone that fits this description, but someone else in your address book might - please forward the e-mail on to them instead!  We are looking to start training and hiring tour guides right away!

Please see the Job Description below for more information!  Anyone who is interested can reply to [email protected] for an application or stop by the lobby of the Legends of the Game Baseball Museum Tuesday through Saturday, 10AM to 4PM to fill one out!
Thanks so much for your help in making 2006 our best season ever!!!

Legends of the Game Baseball Museum
1000 Ballpark Way
Arlington, TX 76011
[email protected]

Legends of the Game Baseball Museum and Ameriquest Field

Job Description

Position:               Tour Guide, part-time
Reports to:             Tour Coordinator

Job Summary:

To lead guided tours through Museum and Ameriquest Field, assist with educational programs, special events, or birthday parties as needed.

Required Skills:

·       Ability to work with the both children and adult groups, speak clearly and loudly, and give instructions in a pleasant and informational manner.  

·       Must be able to learn the prepared script and deliver the information provided with enthusiasm.

·       Ability to work with co-workers in a professional and pleasant manner.

·       Ability to report to work on time and be properly attired.

·       Tour guides must be flexible and alert and be able to adjust to unexpected events.

·       Ability to walk a significant distance and climb stairs.

·       All rules pertaining to employees of the Texas Rangers Baseball Club shall apply to tour guides.

·       Please be aware that this is a seasonal position; we cannot guarantee the number of hours per week that you can work.

·       All candidates must pass a background check to be considered for this position.

Uniform requirements:

Khaki Slacks, Shorts, or Skirt.
Tour Guide Shirt  (provided)
Closed-toe shoes.

Anyone who is interested can reply to [email protected] for an application or stop by the lobby of the Legends of the Game Baseball Museum Tuesday through Saturday, 10AM to 4PM to fill one out!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top