Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 9:24:57 PM EDT
Im looking into getting my first SBR.  im tired of making everything 16+ inches.  im really looking to do a short 9mm ar.  So what are the chances of getting it done in Bexar County. I live in San Antonio city limits if that matters.   I know i have to do all the paperwork and such.   I have never registered any thing before, but have read up on the required paperwork.  Where would be a good place to start.  Anyone CLEO specific to get to sign of on it.  i have a spare $200 that needs to be put to good use.  Ive heard about incorporating but i dont want to have to do that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:06:11 AM EDT
[#1]
You shouldn't have any problems getting the CLEO signature for an SBR.  I have been told that no one in our county will sign for a silencer, but they'll do auto's, SBR's, etc.  The biggest thing about incorporating is that it takes the CLEO step out of the process.  

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.  I've not yet had to get a CLEO signature on anything, but will probably go the INC route instead.  Just a matter of preference.

-HK-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top