Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:18:54 AM EDT
Well, so much for being able to walk into Cheaper Than Dirt, then inspecting and buying their catalog items over their "internet counter".

Their mail order business decided to jet and quit offering their items thru the retail location on the side.

Oh well...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well, so much for being able to walk into Cheaper Than Dirt, then inspecting and buying their catalog items over their "internet counter".

Their mail order business decided to jet and quit offering their items thru the retail location on the side.

Oh well...

The place is not that good anyway.  i've been in there 4 or 5 times and always say i wont come back.  the last time was it, they need to change there name to "not so cheap and our selection it not that good either" trying to be somewhat nice.

go to delta force.com or at the shows marc has much better stuff and better prices and he is very niceand always polite, unlike ctd they treat everyone like there stupid.  ammo you can get anywhere cheaper than ctd.

Fireblade
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#2]

The place is not that good anyway.  i've been in there 4 or 5 times and always say i wont come back.  the last time was it, they need to change there name to "not so cheap and our selection it not that good either" trying to be somewhat nice.

go to delta force.com or at the shows marc has much better stuff and better prices and he is very niceand always polite, unlike ctd they treat everyone like there stupid.  ammo you can get anywhere cheaper than ctd.

Fireblade

I only deal with Delta Force and Mark. He is a good guy, honest and cool. He always takes care of the good folks..

I buy all my accessories from him.

Call him ahead of time to ensure he will have what you want with him, if he does not have it he will get it and bring it to the show...What a deal !

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#3]
No great loss. Now, if they would just stop sending me those goofy mail order catalogs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I was pissed last time I went in there.

They still have the big catalog rack when you first walk in, so naturally I grab one and finger throught it. I find a few things I want, and head to the back counter to pick the items up as always. Well, its gone - so I go up to the front counter. The girl there kept telling me that  they were two seperate companies and I could order it from the catalog. No shit, lady. Kind of defeated the purpose of me actaully going up there.

After that incident and their price hikes, I can honestly say im done.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#6]
IBTCTDA

(In before the cheaper than dirt apologists).

R.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote from the big dunb guy that works the gun counter:

"Hold nine, plus one in tha' pipe!"

I spit my Pepsi all over the counter.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Fireblade

I only deal with Delta Force and Mark. He is a good guy, honest and cool. He always takes care of the good folks..

I buy all my accessories from him.

Call him ahead of time to ensure he will have what you want with him, if he does not have it he will get it and bring it to the show...What a deal !

Always give Mark shit about living in AR. He is a really nice guy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:09:57 PM EDT
[#9]
bee oh oh aitch oh oh
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Funny...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
No great loss. Now, if they would just stop sending me those goofy mail order catalogs.

+1
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, its true, we no longer have access as retail store employees to the catalog companies warehouse. It's between the owners of each company, and they no longer have that agreement.

I try my hardest each day to be honest about the firearms and other products we sell, and I dont Bullshit. Period. If I dont know the answer to your question, I will ask someone else. I know how bad gunstore employees are made fun of, and thought poorly of. I used to be the same way before I worked there. If you ever need anything, ask for Austin. I will help you in any way I can.

I dont own the place, Im just a gun counter monkey.

On another note, we just got in a whole bunch of new AR15 accesories, and we have about 200 brand new 30rd mags from DSG with magpul followers in them, all in a nice little stack.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And who would that be? Im big, and not dumb in the least. And no one that works with me talks in ebonics. Maybe country texas honkey, but not ebonics.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Who knows - maybe this means they will get better as a "local" gun shop ?

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:47:24 AM EDT
[#15]
CTD has, and will remain, my bulk ammo guys.  I wish very much they would have a comprehensive AR parts aisle with a better selection.  If they would expand the mil surplus side of the store, that too would draw me back.

CFII, I've always thought the counter guys were smart and knowledgeable.  I bought a stripped lower a few months back and the buy was fast and smooth.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I hate the .223 prices, but they have the best prices on .30 cal carbine (Wolf) at $7.99 a box of 50
I see it for over $9 everywhere else
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
On another note, we just got in a whole bunch of new AR15 accesories, and we have about 200 brand new 30rd mags from DSG with magpul followers in them, all in a nice little stack.

How much and are they still available?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#18]
which guy are you? the tall one with blonde hair? (i stop by CTD alot.....its my candyshop)
speakin of which i need a bunch of yalls .308 south african battle pack ammo.

Also...i recently bought a springfield 1911 there..and had NO PROBLEMS with any of the people that work there...been there many times and have recieved help if i needed it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
which guy are you? the tall one with blonde hair? (i stop by CTD alot.....its my candyshop)
speakin of which i need a bunch of yalls .308 south african battle pack ammo.

Also...i recently bought a springfield 1911 there..and had NO PROBLEMS with any of the people that work there...been there many times and have recieved help if i needed it.

Yea, Im the tall one with the blonde hair

We keep about 5-6 packs of that .308 on the shelf, and that stuff sells fast.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I have been forced to hang out with Austin for several hours, in freezing weather....he is a dork.  But he is also one of the nicest, knowledgable, fun people I've ever had the pleasure to hang out with.  Been meaning to stop by the store on weekends, but I'm always busy.  Have no fear, the guy knows his shit, if a bit toooooo much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top