Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 5:53:52 PM EDT
Man -

HK UMP  45 cal  or  I believe Special Weapons ???  makes one    -- But I have been told they might not be up to par

Not sure  though.

Really interested in the 45 cal   though    

I am no fan of 9 mm    
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Men when is the next gun show in North TEXAS ?

I might have an extra $1300.  and want to get a UMP 45cal  or similar

Let me knwo -
or
If you know any dealers/people who sell these in DALLAS FTWTH

Jan 7-8 is the Market Hall gun show, 'bout the largest in the state.  I have not seen what you are looking for at any of the gun shows....but, I haven't been looking for one either.

You might want to give Jeff Schramm a call or email.  he might have, or has a line on one.  Schramms Ammo & Weapons, 972 222-0993, subgunman(AT)comcast.net

mm
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw one at the Sept MH show. Guy wanted $3500 for it, had Top Notch conversion, stock, dye job.

Have not seen a stock USC in years at local shows.

I think jadams951 had one for sale. You can pick one up without much effort off hkpro for less than $1300.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I saw one at the Sept MH show. Guy wanted $3500 for it, had Top Notch conversion, stock, dye job.

Have not seen a stock USC in years at local shows.

I think jadams951 had one for sale. You can pick one up without much effort off hkpro for less than $1300.

I wouldn't know one  even if you dropped it on my foot.  I'd have to read whatever is stamped/engraved on it to figure out what it is.

mm
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one from Bachman a few years ago, and did some conversions on it. They are really fun guns, very accurate and after the conversion, very ergonomic...like the UMP. The barrel comes out just like the UMP (easily) and can be cut and profiled like a UMP. With the ban gone, you can get the UMP mags and conversion lower is fairly easy.

The converted ones at shows usually bring a premium, it's best to buy the stock USC, then get the conversion parts, and finally dye the ugly grey color to black (very simple and cheap to do).

There are several stock and modified USCs on Gunsamerica, you could prob start there and work your way to a dealer here in the DFW area. Spreadfire arms always has some UMPs at the shows, so you might call him and see...that is if he ever even deals in USCs since he's pretty straight up Class 3 toys.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#6]
im assuming you are looking for a USC converted to a semi UMP with a parts kit?  i have a UMP 45 but it is a post sample weapon so i can only sell it to LE agencies or other C3 Dealers with a valid PD demo letter.

i dont have a line on UMP parts kits sorry =(  it will be easier to locate a UMP45 parts kit vs. a UMP 9, since there are less UMP 9's in country.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Toldja he was a purist!

How's that G36 home grown barrel wrench working for you?

A couple of years ago when I was messing with them you could find UMP lowers on HKPro.com from time to time. With the ban over, there is a lot more room to build up from there into a converted USC...but like he says, the 45 is harder to find.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#8]
it works great!  thanks a bunch Norm you are the man!

yeah the parts kits used to cost alot less.  i have a G36E parts kit for $1200 with SEF pictogram triggerpack.  HK parts have gone through the roof in price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top